R Rated TMNT: The Last Ronin Live Action Movie

Just bought the book a few weeks ago, but haven't read it yet. I'm not very familiar with TMNT apart from very distant memories of watching the cartoon during the 90s, but I always like the universe and the concept and the influences of that particular story appeal to me... a lot!

Last edited:
I haven’t read the story either, but I’ve always wanted to see a movie closer in tone to the Mirage comics.

Live-action does pique my interest, though admittedly it's my nostalgia bias for the 1990 film.

9713201aaa9cca5196f40dc39792824a.gif

First live action TMNT movie in ages and it's
all the brothers getting violently killed?
That is pretty dark.

As a child of the 80's, and a big fan of the OG comics, I've been dreaming of a live-action R-rated movie for YEARS! And I like The Last Ronin story line, so I'm so hyped for this!

I still wonder if that video game on Last Ronin is still happening?

Lol Rated R? I get taking the material seriously, but this seems wild. We’re still talking Ninja Turtles here, right?

No reason this can’t be PG-13.

Lol Rated R? I get taking the material seriously, but this seems wild. We’re still talking Ninja Turtles here, right?

No reason this can’t be PG-13.

Yeah, even the most brutal stuff in the Mirage Comics was hard PG-13.

I have this feeling they’ll backtrack on the R-rating and that announcing it is as such was to generate some buzz.

I'm intrigued by this, but what would get me legit excited is if they connected this to the original movie. There was buzz a while back that the original writer Bobby Herbeck, Steve Baron and Brian Henson were all on board with the idea of doing a new live-action movie using the animatronics.

I feel like that's the element that would really put this over the top for the older audience they're going after here. We've gone the mocap route. We've gone the fully animated route. If you're going to go back to live action and go for something grittier, it just makes sense IMO to bring it back more into the practical realm.

From the man who drove DCEU into the ground.

Funny how things work out

For anyone who hasn't read it, The Last Ronin is a phenomenal story. It's basically their TDKR. Their final story. It's very emotional and an extremely satisfying conclusion to their mythos.

I'm still shocked that their going to make this but the success of the graphic novel has been so tremendous, they would be foolish not capatilize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"