R Rated TMNT: The Last Ronin Live Action Movie

I'm intrigued by this, but what would get me legit excited is if they connected this to the original movie. There was buzz a while back that the original writer Bobby Herbeck, Steve Baron and Brian Henson were all on board with the idea of doing a new live-action movie using the animatronics.

I feel like that's the element that would really put this over the top for the older audience they're going after here. We've gone the mocap route. We've gone the fully animated route. If you're going to go back to live action and go for something grittier, it just makes sense IMO to bring it back more into the practical realm.

Yes to all of this!

I'm on board. I still haven't gotten around to reading The Last Ronin, but I've heard SO many good things. Plus I'm a huge TMNT fan.

This could be amazing!

Trying to think who could direct:

Chad Stahelski
David Leitch
Gareth Evans
Robert Rodriguez
Tim Miller
Sam Hargrave
Steve Barron

Last edited:
Dev Patel.

Still have to see Monkey Man, planning to very soon!

John Woo also popped in my head, he was working on a CGI TMNT film before he left the project in the early 2000s.

Last edited:
From the man who drove DCEU into the ground.

Funny how things work out
One of them, anyway. Get Kevin Tsujihara and Toby Emmerich in there as well and you'll have the trifecta for a Ninja Turtles movie that'll get butchered in editing.

That said, I like the idea of a legacy sequel. Though I still like parts of Secret of the Ooze. It's Ninja Turtles III that I can do without.

Still have to see Monkey Man, planning to very soon!

John Woo also popped in my head, he was working on a CGI TMNT film before he left the project in the early 2000s.

Can’t recommend it enough. I’m excited for whatever he does next. I do think his style could be really great for a project like this.

And bring back Elias Koteas as Casey!

The only thing about making it a legacy sequel is, it's such a bleak outcome for that universe. Kind of a bummer. But it's essentially Turtle Logan either way.

I cried after reading this book. It was the perfect bookend for my 30+ years of turtle fandom. The story is a bittersweet tribute to their legacy and origins as a Frank Miller parody. While I don't think it needs to be R rated, I can definitely understand why they want to go that direction.

I cried after reading this book. It was the perfect bookend for my 30+ years of turtle fandom. The story is a bittersweet tribute to their legacy and origins as a Frank Miller parody. While I don't think it needs to be R rated, I can definitely understand why they want to go that direction.

Yeah, the R rating surprised me, as I’ve heard in the book most of the opponents The Last Ronin faces are cybernetic ninjas.

Yeah, the R rating surprised me, as I’ve heard in the book most of the opponents The Last Ronin faces are cybernetic ninjas.
Without spoiling too much, there's othere scenes that could be portrayed extra bloody. I have a feeling that the robotic elements and the Fugutoid will either be downplayed or removed entirely.

Hoping for practical suits, but I get the feeling they’d just go the Performance Capture route.

90’s suits hold up better than most cgi since JP excluding Apes and such…

They also hold up better than every batsuit except for Pattinson.
Hoping for practical suits, but I get the feeling they’d just go the Performance Capture route.

LEGACY SEQUEL TO 1990 OR BUST

View attachment 87153

Exactly what I'm thinking.

Get Judith Hoag to be April again and Hailee Steinfeld as Casey Marie and I'm down.

View attachment 87173

Please take this with a big grain of salt, but I found this comment from someone on Technodrome Forums that was still worth posting (another place I go to).

IMG_5908.jpeg

I’ll be annoyed if this person is full of $$$$! The only person I can think that they would interact with of is the writer as he has a Twitter account.

I mean from a business standpoint it's a no-brainer, really. You can do a legacy sequel set in a continuity beloved by a generation of fans, or you can do a legacy sequel to some alternate version of the mythos that we haven't seen before. It makes more sense from a marketing standpoint. But it's also a bigger risk in the sense that it's such a dark outcome for movies we loved as kids. Could be epic too though, if they approach if the right way. I just hope some of the original people involved with the first movie are brought in if that's the way they go, especially since they already have said they wanted to do something with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"