Ramadan kareem

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
Today or tomorrow is the first day of ramadan this year, so yeah

Ramadan Kareem.

I begin fasting tomorrow.

Yeah everyone told me it was today and now I'm hearing that tonight's the first night of tarabih and fasting starts tomorrow.

We have this problem every goddamn year -_-

Happy Ramadan? to you guys.

I love the food cooked up when you guys fast.
icon10.gif

Happy Ramadan to my Muslim and non-Muslim friends alike across the world! Let's remember what this time is about. It's not just about not eating for long periods of time, but in fact to think of those less fortunate without the many amenities, facilities and provisions we have been blessed with - and to appreciate out way of life in reflection (and hopefully) to do as much as you can for those less privileged.

It always gets my goat when I see some (especially around Eid) who think it's just a time for dressing up, going out with your friends, girls trying to impress guys, guys trying to impress girls when it's not really about that at all. It's about self-reflection, looking inward and seeing what you want to change or improve. It's not just about abstaining from not eating, but from other negative attributes you may have developed along the years - let's say smoking, back-biting, jealousy for example.

I wish you all lots of love

God (only one regardless what you call Him; Allah, God, Buddah, Jehovah) bless you all!

V

Last edited:
thank you for the positivity guys. I made this thread in another forum and here's the first response I got

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-28 at 11.46.58 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-28 at 11.46.58 AM.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 43
I find the idea of fasting to be really odd, but maybe I just like food too much.

I find the idea of fasting to be really odd, but maybe I just like food too much.

me too.

trust me man I don't really understand why we have to do it, to me it really just sucks, but God knows things we don't so, eh.

Is this earlier than it usually starts?

Blessed month everyone
I didn't know you are Muslim XtremelyBaneful, nice to know there are more of us on the Hype! :)
There are some health benefits to fasting
It is a funny thing how fasting is during the time the sun is up, and is still a good thing to do
Is this earlier than it usually starts?
It starts the right time
A lunar year is 11 days shorter than the AD years, that is why one month of one calendar is not consecutive to the other

Blessed month everyone
I didn't know you are Muslim XtremelyBaneful, nice to know there are more of us on the Hype! :)

Asalamualaikuum

I bet there are more of us here than you may think ;) have we ever crossed paths before in a thread?

You know I heard the entirely middle east goes nocturnal during ramadan. That's not like against the rules but it's taking the easy way out and hey - I'd kinda love that, too bad majority of our society hasn't taken accustom to the practice of ramadan :funny:

Yep, it's that time of the year again. Ramadan mubarek to my fellow Muslim hypesters I wish you a blessed month and good luck to those of you who will fast

Good luck to all my fellow Muslims up in here.

Assalumu Alaikum
Blessed be the month to you all. :)

And thank you Lone. :)

29-30 days from now.
Depends on the view of the moon.

Ramadan in America = 10x harder than in the middle east. :o In the M.E. basically the schedule just gets flipped, everything is open at night. In America it is much harder :eek:

Have fun... I guess? (I don't do that stuff)

We will, thank you. :)
Ramadan in America = 10x harder than in the middle east. :o In the M.E. basically the schedule just gets flipped, everything is open at night. In America it is much harder :eek:
We still work at day time, working time is an hour shorter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"