Rare's Sea of Thieves

I’ll probably get this down the line when it’s had time to mature and get more complex.

Got a video review & two articles (one in video the other written )good new about the pro9blem being fix that were bothering player to make the game better for the gaming audiance.

hqdefault.jpg

Sea of Thieves Game Review - Electric Playground

2.1K views1 day ago Published on 03/28/2018

You might think he's a drunken sailor, but Victor Lucas actually kind of enjoyed the controversial pirate game Sea of Thieves. Watch his review to find out why!

hqdefault.jpg

No Man's Sky & Sea of Thieves Getting Better? - The Rundown - Electric Playground

1.1K views14 hours ago Publishede on 03/29/2018

Today in the Rundown, we have good news about the future of two very controversial games: No Man's Sky and Sea of Thieves! We also find out who is joining the cast of the new
Wonder Woman movie, get our asses to Mars with a remastered version of Red Faction: Guerrilla, find out how Doom is getting more gory, and finally, find out when the new game Jurassic World Evolution will break out!

Lastly

Sea of Thieves’ first patch is live, but it requires you to redownload the entire game·

2 days ago
Comments 2

Rare’s first major patch for Sea of Thieves is now live, bringing along plenty of updates to help smooth out the early server problems as...Read more

source: EPN.tv& PCGN

Last edited:
I've played the game for about a week. After a while it does start to become a bit of a grind. The missions are very repetitive, so I've only been able to play the game for about an hour at a time before I start getting restless. You're either collecting chests, capturing chickens/pigs, or killing skeletons. That's pretty much the game in a nutshell. I don't know what Rare's long-term plans are, but they might want to consider patching in some new missions. Anything to break up the monotony a bit.

I do enjoy the open-world component of the game, and having to work together with other players in order to navigate, steer, and defend your ship. I'd probably only recommend it if you plan on playing it with a group of friends. I don't see much appeal in playing solo.

Last edited:
I need to try this as I still don’t get quite what these types of games are trying to achieve. And that’s not supposed to be a criticism, more that I think I might be missing out on some element that I might enjoy there but not sure what that is exactly.

Got two articles from different place's. One is the run down(No Different fro IGN's the Fix';s new ot Game spot daily neew video) with news on the sea of Thieves DLC .Which is the third segment inthe video below . The other is the actual written article withthe trailer of the very DLC from a different place below it ,Confirming the video ABOVE .

hqdefault.jpg

Batwoman Getting a TV Series! - The Rundown - Electric Playground

583 views 8 hours ago Published on 07/17/2018
Today in the Rundown, we discuss the new Batwoman TV series in development from the markers of Arrow, The Flash, and Supergirl! We also find out who might star in the new Dune movie, have a bone to pick with new content coming to Sea of Thieves, and finally, have the latest on the death of Konami's Silent Hill demo PT.

Confirming the video above

Xbox One, PC
Sea of Thieves ‘Cursed Sails’ update launches July 31
Published 7 hours ago. 2 comments.

Find out what's coming in the latest update.

Sea-Thieves_07-17-18.jpg

The next content update for Sea of Thieves, dubbed “Cursed Sails,” will launch on July 31 at 8:00 a.m. PT / 11:00 a.m. ET, publisher Microsoft and developer Rare announced.

Here is an overview of the content, via Rare:

Cursed Sails will change things forever on the Sea of Thieves, as the sails you see cresting the horizon are no longer guaranteed to be other players making their own way through the world. The decks beneath those masts may now be manned by skeletal marauders returned to the seas from their restless graves. All that sustains these grinning terrors is a thirst for battle that leads them to terrorize Outposts and call out defenders to face them on the tides…
Fortunately, the threat of these fortress-like skeleton ships washes up alongside other features planned to help Sea of Thieves‘ living pirates face down the dead. The Galleon and Sloop get some company in the form of the Brigantine, a new ship type specifically tailored for a crew of three. An Alliance system is also added which encourages the formation of fleets united under a single cause, ready to tackle greater challenges and share the rewards.
For those who like to follow the lore, things are afoot with Sea of Thieves‘ ever-competitive shopkeepers, and a tale of ambition and greed escalating into something truly terrible will come to light in Cursed Sails. As before, the first seeds of this story can be found sprouting between the community celebrations making up popular seafarers’ rag the Pirate Times.
Tackling the time-limited campaign that introduces Cursed Sails‘ new elements will hurl players into a series of fierce clashes and, as always, earn a fine set of in-game rewards upon victory. But rest assured that even if you’re late to the party, you won’t miss out on seabound skirmishes with the roaming undead as this new menace will remain in the world even after the campaign ends. You just can’t put a good pirate down. Especially if they’ve already been dead for decades. The Brigantine ship and the Alliance system will also be permanent additions to Sea of Thieves.
Recent weeks have seen regular challenges and rewards on offer in Bilge Rat Adventures, but even those fast-living outlaws are likely to put their horseplay on hold as the events of Cursed Sails begin to unfold. Best to start bracing yourselves for the skeletal uprising as soon as their latest challenge draws to a close.
Sea of Thieve is available now for Xbox One and PC.

Watch a teaser trailer below.

[YT]us6DdeS3mxY[/YT]

source: EPN.tv&Gematsu

Last edited:
It's the third segment in the video below( No different from IGN'sthe Fix of games spot's daily new show)

hqdefault.jpg

New Games from League of Legends Dev? - The Rundown - Electric Playground
349 views 5 hours ago Published on 08/01/2018
[

DON'T MISS OUT AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR GIVEAWAY ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE! facebook.com/electricplayground Today in the Rundown, we find out what's next from League developer Riot Games! We also find out how Bungie is trying to win back players with Destiny 2's new expansion, have some good news about the future of the pirate game Sea of Thieves, and finally, get the latest on what Nintendo is doing on the mobile front!

source: EPN.tv

Last edited:

Xbox One, PC
Sea of Thieves ‘The Arena’ update launches in early 2019
Published 2 hours ago. 1 comment.
A player-versus-player mode.

Sea-of-Thieves-Init_11-10-18.jpg

Player-versus-player mode “The Arena” will launch for Sea of Thieves in early 2019, Microsoft and Rare announced.

Here is an overview of the update, via Microsoft:

Sea of Thieves is changing in a big way with its fifth free content update since launch, ‘The Arena.’ Releasing in early 2019, ‘The Arena’ is an all-new competitive game mode that allows players to test their pirating skills in fast-paced matches against rival crews. Each match is a fun, frenetic and action-packed race to find treasure that brings together all the most exciting elements of Sea of Thieves – on demand. ‘The Arena’ also includes a new-tavern area together with a new Trading Company – the Sea Dogs – which will offer new goals, rewards and opportunities to progress to Pirate Legend.

Sea of Thieves is available now for Xbox One and PC.

Watch a trailer below.

source: Gematsu - Japanese Video Game News

Wonder if PvP will be popular in this game.

sea-of-thieves-boarding-213x120.jpg

Sea of Thieves is making cross-play optional for console players
2 days ago |
Sea of Thieves has had cross-play between Xbox One and PC players from the start, but putting mouse and keyboard users against controller users in a single pool has always been a controversial thing. Now, Rare is giving console players the option to opt out of competing against those with more precise aiming tools.

The general cross-play pool will still be open, but Xbox One players using controllers will be able to opt out into a separate pool just for them. As Xbox One gets mouse and keyboard support, so will Sea of Thieves on the console. Those players will automatically be in cross-play, as will PC players making use of a controller for couch gaming.

PvP in Sea of Thieves is largely optional, but the core of the game is about player interactions that can escalate in varied ways to friendship, betrayal,Read more

source: PC games news and reviews from PCGamesN.com

I played this game a bit for the first time properly recently. When I have got some others out of the way I will go back and have a proper go as a lot of friends play it.

Is that actually Johnny’s voice? Looks fun.

are there any other famous pirates they could use? Hook I suppose

Is that actually Johnny’s voice? Looks fun.

are there any other famous pirates they could use? Hook I suppose
I don't know but probably not. Either way it's a good attempt! I will finally get on to this game with this DLC and have lined up some friends to show me how the game works.

Okay, I can't be absolutely certain, but I think there's a chance I gave them the idea for the burying treasure system. Either that or I perfectly guessed a mechanic that was already in development haha

BenTwitter.jpeg

Okay, I can't be absolutely certain, but I think there's a chance I gave them the idea for the burying treasure system. Either that or I perfectly guessed a mechanic that was already in development haha

View attachment 51085
Haha, hopefully the job offer is in the post. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"