• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ra's Al Ghul Casting Thread

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
As for the role of Ra's Al Ghul, Bruce Wayne/Batman's mentor and the leader of the League of Shadows who ends up training Bruce Wayne to ultimately become The Dark Knight, who should play Ra's? I know Liam Neeson he was perfect as far as casting goes but who could play Ra's to Ben Affleck's Batman?

1909257-1024x768.jpg

movies_hugo_weaving.jpg

Last edited:
Doubt they would go for ra's judt yet. Or has there been news?

No there has not been any news but this is just more or less who would be your ideal Ra's Al Ghul in a Batman reboot in a Batfleck franchise

Eric Bana if he's gonna be a white guy.

Last edited:
Maybe it's time Ra's finally be played by a middle eastern guy?

I wouldnt mind that, as long as he really embodies the character. Eric Bana is still my top choice though.

Alexander Siddig. Use makeup and effects to show him in an older form and a younger one; the guy's got the looks that could let you play that with him.

A bit of an unorthodox choice, and he isn't exactly a carbon copy of the comic book character design, but I genuinely love the idea of Reda Kateb:

la-resistance-de-l-air-photo-54e74a63ed8bb-809x460.jpg

Excellent actor with a fierce intelligence to his face. And he's got the look to pull off Ra's al Ghul's Chinese-Arab ancestry.

Bulk him up a bit, recede the hairline a bit, slap on the facial hair, and I'd say we have a winner.

Matt Nable's portrayal in Arrow this past season was something I absolutely loved. It'd be great for him to play the role again, but it won't happen.

This is one of the most difficult roles for me to choose. I'd like to pick someone more ethnic to play the role because of the characters roots but I'm not that well versed in foreign actors unless they've already made a big name for themselves.

Right now my pick for the role is Christopher Heyerdahl. Yeah, he's a Canadian white guy but he's a very good, underrated actor that is great at playing villains. He has a great menacing voice and is good with doing different accents. He's played some roles that have a somewhat similar look to Ra's despite being Caucasian. He has a good fierce, evil look to him when the role calls for it. Bit of a chameleon who's played alot of different roles, he's a really good character actor in my book. I think he could be pretty great in the role.

On+V.jpg

Banderas is a good actor. I've never thought of him as Ra's before but I can see how it would work.

If Daniel Day Lewis is willing, you cast him for any part he'd be willing to play. Hell, I'd let him play Selina Kyle reading Leviticus just to get his abilities in the film.

Have you seen him in anything beyond Spy Kids? He rocks as an actor.
LOL i've never seen Spy Kids, ive been watching him in movies since the early 90's, i know Banderas. He just seems to ham it up, especially nowadays. I would prefer a half dozen actors or more for the role of Ras.

This is one of the most difficult roles for me to choose. I'd like to pick someone more ethnic to play the role because of the characters roots but I'm not that well versed in foreign actors unless they've already made a big name for themselves.

Right now my pick for the role is Christopher Heyerdahl. Yeah, he's a Canadian white guy but he's a very good, underrated actor that is great at playing villains. He has a great menacing voice and is good with doing different accents. He's played some roles that have a somewhat similar look to Ra's despite being Caucasian. He has a good fierce, evil look to him when the role calls for it. Bit of a chameleon who's played alot of different roles, he's a really good character actor in my book. I think he could be pretty great in the role.

On+V.jpg

I love me some Heyerdahl but I'd rather see him play some sort of alien villain like Despero or Desaad.

My pick for Ra's is Timothy Dalton.

Didn't he turn the role down back in 2004?

Maybe he'd be more inclined to take it now though.

mads mikkelsen for ra's :

Mads%20MIkkelsen5_large.jpg

lars mikkelsen for hugo strange :

5278094-low_res-sherlock.jpg

/thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"