• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ra's Al Ghul Casting Thread

What've you been up to?

Massoud was my choice back in the Nolan days. But given the physical shape Batfleck is in, I think we might need someone who's a bit more virile. But if he was cast, I wouldn't complain at all.

I myself stick by my Reda Kateb suggestion. Have him hit up Gym Jones and we're good to go.

No thanks to Kateb. Massoud is a much better choice.

Massoud could do for most of the film and maybe cast a younger version after a dip in the pit.

He'd work, but I'd kind of rather not have another white guy portray him again. (I'm looking at you Arrowverse)

What about Ghassan Massoud, the ever-so-regal Saladin from Ridley Scott's Kingdom of Heaven?

kingdom_of_heaven_by_chewolf-d38vvkg.jpg

He's still in his 50s, and could perform the swordfighting if necessary.

He does mostly Middle-Eastern cinema, but he's also no stranger to Hollywood big productions.

8xxIbMS.gif

still saying mads mikkelsen though. i like the viggo mortensen suggestion as well.

Viggo hands down and if DC were smart they would cast him as Ra's Al Ghul

Eh, while I didn't object to Liam Neeson, it would be nice if we got a Ra's al-Gul one of these days who could at least pass for Middle Eastern. Doesn't have to be Arab ( in fact, I'm not 100% of his exact ethnicity in the comic ), but the actor should look like he has at least some ancestors from the Mediterranean.

Arnold Vosloo he could pass for being Middle Eastern so why not him? The Mummy Imhotep himself cast as Ra's Al Ghul he is old enough for the role...I would say Oded Fehr but he is too young for the role if anything

Nah, Oded Fehr would be great for the role. Ra's al Gul isn't supposed to look especially old, after all.

If Ra's is supposed to have a daughter if Talia is going to be introduced again then Arnold Vosloo would be perfect

Oded Fehr and Arnold Vosloo are two of the cheesiest actor this side of Billy Zane.

I'd prefer a Middle Eastern actor but if not Daniel Day-Lewis, Viggo Mortensen or Oded Fehr.

Yes, if not a Middle Eastern actor, Oded Fehr.

Take or leave it,

El Mayimbe is saying the Al Ghuls won't be showing up in the upcoming Batman solo.

But our insider says that neither Talia al Ghul nor her dad will be in “The Batman” — or any DC film on the horizon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"