Runaways RATE and REVIEW the RUNAWAYS first season

Reaction score
Six. I liked the first few episodes but I just lost interest along the way. I felt like they really held back because it wasn't a movie and I guess they didn't have Much budget.

An improvement over the original comics run via some judicious choices. Plus it's one of the best casted and acted MCU shows. I love these kids, and goddamn are they fun to watch.

It was just alright. The Gifted gave you all the emotion this does but with more action and ninties bombastic vibes. SIX for me and who did the poll a 6 year old?

The Gifted is mediocre at best.

How it manages to get even a 6.74/10 avg from critics is puzzling to me. Feels more like a 5.

Prefer The Gifted/10 :sly:

[blackout]this poll is a troll job[/blackout]

The Gifted is mediocre at best.

How it manages to get even a 6.74/10 avg from critics is puzzling to me. Feels more like a 5.

Both shows aren't really good. I miss the days of Heroes season one.

Prefer The Gifted/10 :sly:

[blackout]this poll is a troll job[/blackout]

That's fine, but even the cancelled Constantine has a higher audience score. A waste of Amy Acker's talents. Wanted to love that show, but just another tired trip down Singer lane. That show feels uninspired, like something he'd have his hand in. :sly:

Last edited:
Both shows aren't really good. I miss the days of Heroes season one.

This show is better in every way, from production to writing to acting.

The biggest problem is it's uneven pacing. It is slow at times. But that's easily fixable for season two. You can sense the momentum build going into next season. The Gifted just feels too recycled for me.

That's fine, but even the cancelled Constantine has a higher audience score. A waste of Amy Acker's talents. Wanted to love that show, but just another tired trip down Singer lane. That show feels uninspired, like something he'd have his hand in. :sly:

Joke post. I'm fine with either show for w/e is they go for.
Runaways for something more melodramatic with loads of teen angst building things at a snail's pace.
The Gifted for a more action-packed soap and threat lurking at each corner.

I gave it a seven. I loved all the character interactions and acting, but I felt the pacing needed to be improved and more needed to happen. It took awhile to adjust to this not being the comic and that's on me (although I'll admit I probably rated the final episode a bit higher because it reminded me more of the comics).

4/10

Bewildering choices in the light of a groundbreaking comic. Painfully slow and dragged out, a weak villain with dubious motivations and M.O, on the whole with little to no action, the entire show rides on your buying into it's melodrama, which regularly proves to be cliche or not as important as it was made out to be. The drama that works is often revisited, sometimes in nearly identical scenes with new locations for the same discussions.

That said, the show may fare much better binged, where the empty teases don't have to live up to a week of anticipation. The characters are not repulsive and some of the drama does indeed work some of the time. I didn't stop watching it, so there had to be something here.

I gave it a seven. I loved all the character interactions and acting, but I felt the pacing needed to be improved and more needed to happen. It took awhile to adjust to this not being the comic and that's on me (although I'll admit I probably rated the final episode a bit higher because it reminded me more of the comics).

I agree with everything, but I gave it a six and that's mainly because of Jonah. I get that the show is trying to make the PRIDE more sympathetic and human, but making Jonah the main villain of the show was a mistake IMO. For one thing, making him the leader of the PRIDE downgraded Geoffrey Wilder. In the comics, he was large and in charge of the group. He felt like the leader. Here, while he is more developed as a character, he's just another lackey for Jonah, no different from Robert or Janet or Dale. Also, I don't find Jonah that interesting a character, mainly because he's underdeveloped (doesn't help that not much was answered in this season). Right now, he's just the generic bad guy.

That said, I still enjoyed the season. Even if the story dragged, I liked the Runaways themselves in it. I liked the character interactions between them. The angst, the drama, the relationship issues. Enjoyed it. I think that's the important thing. To like the main characters, which I did.

Regardless of my problems (bad pacing, Jonah, etc.) I'm still looking forward to season 2. Maybe things will be stretched out better with 13 episodes. Have two arcs about 6-7 episodes each. Hopefully Victor Mancha will appear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"