Rate and review thread

Reaction score
For those who have already seen the Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom. Post your review/rating here.

I was planning to watch this last Wednesday, then today. But I'm going to save this for tomorrow, FriYay.

I saw this Friday night and the theater wasn't even half full. I don't find this terribly bad but the film is half baked. A lot of characters were just there/one note and there's just not a lot of things to say about the story and the lack of character development. I didn't really know the returning characters in a much deeper or meaningful level. The film also felt very cartoonish. A lot of the jokes were flat. The production value was fine, but the vfX/cinematography could have been better. The whole thing was just so meh. I'm giving it a 6.

I got a free poster though (and for The Marvels too) which are nice.

Just watched Aquaman 2....and it was a mess of a movie.

It was like they didnt know what kind of movie they wanted it to be so they mashed up like 3-4 different genres into one. We go from "Look whose talking" comedy movie about dad getting pee in his mouth, to Lord of the Rings, a fantasy epic, to a buddy cop movie of good cop/bad cop, to Step Brothers "cockroaches are the shrimp of the human world. try one"

Aquabro was in full force for the most part and it was annoying as hell for me. I for one am glad that we are done with Jason Mamoas version of Aquaman. He's an adult child who falls asleep and snores on the throne in the middle of a council meeting. He just wants to chug beer all day and go on about how great cheeseburgers are.

The way the villain was defeated...is wow. It was as if they couldnt come up with a legitimate way to save the day so they just came up with the easiest way possible. It was fairly disappointing.

Mera is there for the first half/last half but you can tell that they chose to drastically reduce the character. Nothing James says can make me believe otherwise. She literally speaks maybe 3-4 times and her action scenes go by fairly fast. Her father speaks more than she does and they never even speak to each other or about each other. What happens to her in the first half of the film....he's just mum about it. He's a grandfather and it never comes up. She's more or less there to be wife and mom and not her own character. Though she is allowed to save Arthur once which was nice. He gets more of a storyline with Orm than with Mera.

Even Atlanna is used sparingly and not to her full potential.

If you're name isnt Arthur/Orm/Manta/Scientist guy...then...your pretty much an after thought.

5/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"