Justice League ZACK SNYDER’S JUSTICE LEAGUE - RATE & REVIEW THREAD (SPOILERS!!!)

I can't believe WB execs thought the Whedon cut was watchable and the Snyder verse wasn't. I liked what I saw and even though I'm not a Snyder zombie, I do want him to continue the Snyder verse. At least with the Justice League. I can't believe we won't get the Batfleck-Deathstroke film. That sounds amazing!

I have been a MCU die hard fanboy since the first Iron Man. I have been disappointed in the DCEU and felt the Nolan films were better than anything out of either Marvel or DCEU. I even trolled the set of Suicide Squad and became internet famous making headlines all over comic book movie websites as “Deadshot/ Paintball Guy” thats me in my profile pic.

I watched the original Justice League theatrical cut after it released to home video and that was a forgettable disaster I gave it a 1/10. They tried way too hard to ape Marvel and failed miserably. I’m a fan of Firefly but the comedic light hearted tone was so out of place.

I finally got around to watching the Snyder cut. Holy smokes. It’s Zack Snyder’s masterpiece. I rate it at least a 8/10 possibly a 9/10 if I had the privilege to experience it in IMAX as well as if Snyder included Green Lantern.

Highlights for me were: The grim dark serious tone actually worked for me this time and gave the story more gravitas. It felt like watching an epic comic book movie of biblical proportions.
Ezra Miller was hilarious and the overall serious tone only made his comic relief stand out even more and was more potent.
Acting was top notch the script was the best of any Snyder film. Music was seamless. Batfleck was a vision, one of the best Batmans since Keaton. Darkseid was intimidating as Thanos possibly more so. Martian Manhunter holy wow. All that was missing was Green Lantern.

I am sad that Snyder won’t be able to make anymore DCEU movies. The episodic/chapter break format worked perfectly well for his vision. I felt that Justice League was a superior product to most anything MCU has put out except for possibly Endgame and the original Iron Man. That is a monumental achievement and i for one would like to purchase a hard copy of this film on Blu Ray.

Bravo Mr. Snyder you made me a believer and restored my faith in the DC movie universe. You should be given full creative reins to do what you want and not be tied down with the studios demands such as restrictions on time and ratings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"