Justice League Zack Snyder’s Justice League - Rotten Tomatoes/Critical Reception Thread

Not gonna lie, that 74% is irking me right now. It was really riding high 70's up until whenever that 74% appeared. I didn't expect this movie to be rated this high and I had it as around 50% RT score in the vote above. Really glad it seems to be pushing really solidly. It would be a total shame if this all falls apart in the last few days before the cutoff.

Don’t they have a set number of reviews before certifying? It will probably end up with 400-500 reviews over time and around where Joker and Aquaman was (low to mid 60s)

Still crazy the positive reviews doubled the negatives lol

74% after 208 reviews. Wonder how many more are going to come in.

:shrug:

Big theatrical films can have upwards of 400+ reviews on RT. OTOH, even high-profile “limited series” (e.g., Watchmen, The Queen’s Gambit) only accumulate 100-200.

ZSJL isn't really either of those. Some other category?

:shrug:

Big theatrical films can have upwards of 400+ reviews on RT. OTOH, even high-profile “limited series” (e.g., Watchmen, The Queen’s Gambit) only accumulate 100-200.

ZSJL isn't really either of those. Some other category?
Yeah, and as it has already gone through the 200 barrier (the upper range of those limited series you mention) and has been out for a few days, it feels like it’s in No Man’s Land. Hard to guess what the total number might be.

I think we still are going to get at least 300 reviews. I think we can safely declare this movie firmly “fresh” though.

Not looking very good lately. Last few reviews have been negative. I’m really hoping come Monday, we’ll get an influx of positive ones to get it back over 75%.

Still in the 70s though. I don't see this sinking much lower.

This film deserves an 80%, don't care what anyone says. RT is worthless when a 7/10 review is labeled a rotten. Just wait until the real numbers come out. The ones that matter.

I really don't see it dropping out of the 70s at this point.

73% after 215 reviews. Will be nice if it finishes with any number in the 70s and that is still looking likely for now.

Got another 185 reviews or so to go..
I doubt it will be quite as much as that. Many of the reviewers who do reviews for the big films haven't started reviewing streaming films yet, although a high profile one like this might get a bunch of those to bite. Still unlikely to match the biggest wide theatrical releases though.

I doubt it will be quite as much as that. Many of the reviewers who do reviews for the big films haven't started reviewing streaming films yet, although a high profile one like this might get a bunch of those to bite. Still unlikely to match the biggest wide theatrical releases though.
I think 300 is the floor.

If it was gonna get as much as a theatrical release it would have way more by now. Not many reviewers are gonna wait to put out a review that likely wont get noticed because it is after the fact.

Redlettermedia liked the snydercut for the most part and called it a good movie.

What the **** is this timeline?!

Redlettermedia liked the snydercut for the most part and called it a good movie.

Damnit Barry's what did you do?!?!?!? :o

https://******************.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/2020.01.15-10.47-******************-5e1f967b39472.png

i have a friend who worked in some capacity on some of the DC videogames, and he hated bvs and did not want snyder to direct anymore dc movies.

he just message me yesterday to say he liked ZSJL.

i think the streaming platform does wonders for snyder's type of movie-making.

There's no doubt about it, general sentiment around this movie is positive. You know how I know that? Because this is the first time for a Zack Snyder movie we haven't created a "Positivity Thread" :funny:

i have a friend who worked in some capacity on some of the DC videogames, and he hated bvs and did not want snyder to direct anymore dc movies.

he just message me yesterday to say he liked ZSJL.

i think the streaming platform does wonders for snyder's type of movie-making.

The problem is it won't work going forward. A lot of the new films where see released on HBO Max where supposed to go theater. AT&T could have released the film to rent and made people pay to rent movie for a period of time. However they decided to release these new films and take a hit in order to boost subscriptions.

If Snyder gets to make Justice League 2 it will not be released the same way. We will have to pay to rent the film much like way Disney is doing their new releases.

73% after 215 reviews. Will be nice if it finishes with any number in the 70s and that is still looking likely for now.
Never cared that much for reviews. I liked it and it definitely filled in the spaces. I would have preferred those spaces get filled in with a couple or few movies, but it's not like I was going to be doing anything important from 7-11PM so WTH????

5 new fresh review came in today. Fingers crossed more are on the way. Let’s get above that 75% mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"