Justice League Zack Snyder’s Justice League - Rotten Tomatoes/Critical Reception Thread

Make that 7 now (positive) reviews. I just got wondering about something, are all critics reviews counted towards the RT score or only the “top critics” ones? Probably a stupid question.

I was told the score was gonna crash any minute...what happened?

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Because a couple of negatives were mixed in as well (it was down to 72 yesterday). That's what happens when your score skews on the positive side - it takes more and more positives to climb to the next rung, and one negative can nullify all that good climbing. The closer you get to the middle at 50%, the more a positive and negative have equal effect. The joy of percentages!

Lots of positive reviews have popped up, and yet it's still 73%.

Well, with this many reviews it takes a pretty big number of positive (or negative) reviews to change the score. For instance, right now the movie would need 18 positive reviews and no negative ones to reach 75%.

Also, RLM put out their review of ZSJL and it's a fun watch. They really didn't like MoS or BvS but were praising this (as much as their cynicism allows hehe).

Sadly at the moment it has 15 positives and 2 negatives. This is counting the 23rd until this time of writing. I mean it’s not bad at all but still hoping for that 75% and up as finishing number. Would be a nice way to top things off. The cherry on top of this whole journey.

It’s still showing 73% even though it’s got 180/243 positive reviews which is 74%. Go figure.

never mind it’s 180/245.

It’s still showing 73% even though it’s got 180/243 positive reviews which is 74%. Go figure.

never mind it’s 180/245.
73 %
Looks like someone changed one positive review to negative and they also decreased the total number of reviews from 245 to 244, (or maybe they removed one review) which makes the rating slip by one point.

179/244

Whelp, these late reviewers are starting to “kill” any chance of a fresh status. We’re down to 72%

1quolb.gif

if you look at the reception to zack's films from before, then zsjl got a more positive response than expected.

so far, per RT, this is his 2nd best critic reviewed film after dawn of the dead (2004!) and has the best audience score so far.

Number of reviews hasn't increased much lately, looks like it will stay around 72%.

Its pretty much locked in the 70's. Its likely going to fluctuate between 70-72% going forward for whatever remainder of reviews that're left. We did good guys.

I still don’t get why there are still late reviews and why are they always negative reviews???

It does seem to be ...”ok this movie is still positive fresh and doing well...so how can we drop the rating??”

I still don’t get why there are still late reviews and why are they always negative reviews???

It does seem to be ...”ok this movie is still positive fresh and doing well...so how can we drop the rating??”

I would think those who are reviewing it this late are already reviewers who don't care for these types of movies. They can still wind up liking it, but I would think reviews coming in late for blockbuster movies would tend towards the less favorable.

Yeah I would agree. If someone is waiting this long to review it they probably were not one to like it anyways and waited until the hub bub died down.

I wouldn’t have been mad if they actually refrained from reviewing it if they waited this long and couldn’t care less. I mean if you’re not going to be impartial than what’s the point?

You are assuming they didn't give it a fair shake...it is possible they just didn't like it and it had nothing to do with their biases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"