• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rate the Teaser Trailer!

The Adam Sandler masterpiece Jack & Jill has a pathetic 48.97% approval (324 dislikes)

I believe time will tell on that one :o

I don't watch Adam Sandler movies but I don't hate them either because there's no stock in it. .

Now this reboot, people clearly hate and rightfully so.

I don't watch Adam Sandler movies but I don't hate them either because there's no stock in it. .

Now this reboot, people clearly hate and rightfully so.

I didn't hate Sandler until I watched RLM's Half in the Bag: Jack and Jill review.

I didn't hate Sandler until I watched RLM's Half in the Bag: Jack and Jill review.

LOL I just mean that I'm not waiting for Jack and Jill to revert back to icecream after the deadline lapses or anything.

Last edited:
Not only is this a contender for "most disliked movie preview in youtube history", here are the two top comments:
20th Century Fox:
The future of mankind rests on the shoulders of Four. What is your favorite moment in the new Fantastic Four trailer?
Ray Cromwell:
"he future of mankind rests on the shoulders...." of a studio that refuses to turn over licenses to Marvel Studios who could do it better.
This Cromwell fella gets it.

Not only is this a contender for "most disliked movie preview in youtube history", here are the two top comments:

This Cromwell fella gets it.

Because Thor: The Dark World is better than X-Men: First Class.

Marvel's worst movie is better than Fox's best.

But First Class would have been a better film if nothing about it changed in terms of content but Marvel Studios was distributing. That's why the rights should revert.

Last edited:

But First Class would have been a better film if nothing about it changed in terms of content but Marvel Studios was distributing. That's why the rights should revert.

In your opinion. Many would disagree with you about Marvel's worst being better than Fox's best (But I still enjoy Thor 2).

Dasher, stamping out opposing viewpoints one post at a time.

But First Class would have been a better film if nothing about it changed in terms of content but Marvel Studios was distributing.

nah, I would still find it underwhelming and massively overrated. Thank goodness MS had nothing to do with it.

Also posts have already been deleted for discussing other movies Dasher. Try and stay on topic please.

In your opinion. Many would disagree with you about Marvel's worst being better than Fox's best (But I still enjoy Thor 2).

I would say Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 are not better than X-Men 2 (the pinnacle of the foX-Men series imo)

Anyway back to F4nt4stic 4.

Last edited:
Dasher, stamping out opposing viewpoints one post at a time.

I would say Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 are not better than X-Men 2 (the pinnacle of the foX-Men series imo)

This would be my opinion as well (for the most part).

That was sarcasm. My point is that Fox can indeed make good movies based on Marvel characters and I'm hoping that this film actually turns out well since the alternative is a loss of public interest in the FF altogether.

And if Fox sold their cut of the merch back to Marvel, you could bet that Marvel would be producing tie-in merch for this film. This is incredibly likely since Fox wants to cross the FF over with the X-Men and they'll need to give up something to get that.

That was sarcasm. My point is that Fox can indeed make good movies based on Marvel characters and I'm hoping that this film actually turns out well since the alternative is a loss of public interest in the FF altogether.
They can make good movies based on Marvel properties (sometimes, they are 5 for 11 at best), but they don't know how to make them faithful to the source material.
And if Fox sold their cut of the merch back to Marvel, you could bet that Marvel would be producing tie-in merch for this film. This is incredibly likely since Fox wants to cross the FF over with the X-Men and they'll need to give up something to get that.
I'm not exactly sure of the rights situation, but I truly do not see the FF and the X-men crossing over anytime soon. That's a pipe dream.
Anyways I have no interest in studio wars, it is petty and boring and I don't want to stir the pot any further.
Also the "alternative" you speak of is this movie failing, Fox realizing they don't have the capabilities to make a good FF adaption, and selling the rights back to Marvel. That's what an overwhelmingly large percentage of what the fanbase wants, and it's an idea that won't go away any time soon.

They can make good movies based on Marvel properties (sometimes, they are 5 for 11 at best), but they don't know how to make them faithful to the source material.

I'm not exactly sure of the rights situation, but I truly do not see the FF and the X-men crossing over anytime soon. That's a pipe dream.
Anyways I have no interest in studio wars, it is petty and boring and I don't want to stir the pot any further.
Also the "alternative" you speak of is this movie failing, Fox realizing they don't have the capabilities to make a good FF adaption, and selling the rights back to Marvel. That's what an overwhelmingly large percentage of what the fanbase wants, and it's an idea that won't go away any time soon.

What if the movie is loved by critics and audiences? Will you still be pushing for the rights to revert?

And all the complains about not respecting the source material would die down if Fox focused on more accurate costuming.

What if the movie is loved by critics and audiences? Will you still be pushing for the rights to revert?

What if it's not loved by critics and audiences? Would you still be on Fox's...

Nah. Never mind.

And all the complains about not respecting the source material would die down if Fox focused on more accurate costuming.

:funny:

What if it's not loved by critics and audiences? Would you still be on Fox's...

Nah. Never mind.

:funny:

No. At that point, I'd side with Fox about as often as I side with Sony.

:facepalm:...... No. Just no.

Last edited:

No rational human being, with an interest in CBMs, thinks this.

I should probably screenshot this post, but meh.

You can. You can also see me trash Pascal and Arad on the Sony forums.

Sony's main problem is that they think that they can create a spin-off of a poorly received reboot franchise and don't bother to develop their villains. They made Peter too much of a jerk and are obsessed with camp aesthetics when camp only works with low-budget films. Sony had three strikes in a row with me which is why I'm out.

Fox has so far been making better CBMs (and better films in general) so I can't hate them as much. If FF turns out to be a horrible trainwreck, then yes, Fox should sell the rights back. The X-Men don't gain all that much from having the FF around so Fox wouldn't lose much.

I'm reserving judgment of both FF and Ant-Man despite the red flags since I'll still buy a ticket if reviewers approve.

Yes, because no matter how good this movie will be, it will most likely not be an adequate FF adaption.
You're really missing the point.

Well I made my judgment back in 2007 when FF2 soiled it's way into theaters. After two tries it became clear that Fox had no clue how to handle the franchise and no real interest in trying and that has only been reconfirmed for me over and over during the seven years since then. That they waited until practically the last minute before rushing this out the door makes it that much more repugnant.

Does anyone have a link to the article where the high up Fox suit flat out states they'll be pushing films out the door to ensure they'll retain control over the licenses they possess? I'm getting tired of that last bit being played off as conspiracy theory when we all know what's really going on here.

Does anyone have a link to the article where the high up Fox suit flat out states they'll be pushing films out the door to ensure they'll retain control over the licenses they possess? I'm getting tired of that last bit being played off as conspiracy theory when we all know what's really going on here.

http://thenoobnews.com/news/disney-want-marvel-movie-character-rights-back-from-sony-and-fox/

Word on the street is Fox has made it very clear that they will not let go of any of the properties under their control for any live action medium.

We’ve also been told that if it ever came to the point where they were going to lose any property they own because of failing to have a movie in production, they would simply produce a low budget, straight-to-DVD feature and stick it in any theater to fulfill their theatrical release clause.

So what about Sony’s Spider-Man franchise? Same thing as the Fox deal, the contracts protect the studio 100% but they do have to continue to make movies with the Marvel characters on a regular basis. Spider-Man is not going anywhere, that also includes Venom.

Bottom line, the Sony and Fox contracts are rock solid. They will both keep their respective properties under their control. But you can be sure because they have plenty of money to spend, Disney will still have those Mickey Mouse lawyers looking for a loop hole….and to that I say, good luck!

Ok that was it. Wasn't an exec who said it after all but the intent is just as skeevy. Thanks Willie.

They don't own the merchandising rights. They can't produce merchandise for the film, they haven't been able to do that since XMO Wolverine. They have nothing to negotiate with. Marvel can black ball them from producing film merchandise as long as they want and Fox can't do a damn thing about it.

They can't cross over FF with X-men without Marvel's consent so that is a dead end as well.

http://thenoobnews.com/news/disney-want-marvel-movie-character-rights-back-from-sony-and-fox/

Word on the street is Fox has made it very clear that they will not let go of any of the properties under their control for any live action medium.

We’ve also been told that if it ever came to the point where they were going to lose any property they own because of failing to have a movie in production, they would simply produce a low budget, straight-to-DVD feature and stick it in any theater to fulfill their theatrical release clause.

So what about Sony’s Spider-Man franchise? Same thing as the Fox deal, the contracts protect the studio 100% but they do have to continue to make movies with the Marvel characters on a regular basis. Spider-Man is not going anywhere, that also includes Venom.

Bottom line, the Sony and Fox contracts are rock solid. They will both keep their respective properties under their control. But you can be sure because they have plenty of money to spend, Disney will still have those Mickey Mouse lawyers looking for a loop hole….and to that I say, good luck!

To be fair, it was Tom Rothman who was pushing this, and he's no longer with Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"