• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Venom Rate Venom Trailer #2

Kuwolski

g r u n t - m a n
Reaction score
I was disappointed. I dug the humor, but I expected much more with this talent. This looks and sounds uninspired.

I hope the movie really surprises me.

Last edited:
I think I rated it a bit too highly. As soon as I pressed vote I thought 7 was more apt than 8.

Oh well, the past is in the past.

3. And I'm being generous with that.

It’s goofier than the first one, and the first one didn’t set that high of a bar.

I gave it a 10. Had they shown anything more, it likely would have given away essential plot points. It doesn't seem like the movie held back with the horror, and Venom is deliciously morbid.

4. Terrible dialogues, Hardy's acting is WTF and the CGI is dodgy. It's a Sony Marvel movie all right, but honestly ASM2 looked better than this. Damn you Arad. Looks like Ghost Rider 2.0

6/10 and I think the last trailer was better in that it didn't expose its faults as much as this one did. That CG needs to step it up. They have time.

6 for me. Some of it looked good, some not so good. CGI is suspect, but I understand it is hard to make something like Venom perfect. Acting is.. meh. I have seen worse though.

**My view is probably tainted by this being done by Sony and their terrible track record. The fact this does not involve Spiderman at all makes this NOT a Venom movie, come on Disney buy Sony Studios already lol

Sony trash. If you expected this to be good I think there is a 95% you'll be disappointed.

This is Amazing Spider-Man 2 all over and I called that from the first set pics too.

Hardy's accent and the line "a turd in the wind" (seriously, people get paid money to come up with that?) do not allow me to rate the trailer higher than 5/10.

Hardy's accent and the line "a turd in the wind" (seriously, people get paid money to come up with that?) do not allow me to rate the trailer higher than 5/10.

Agreed. Whoever came up with that sucks, whoever allowed it to be in the movie and has listened to it dozens and dozens of times editing and rewatching the scenes sucks more.

Agreed. Whoever came up with that sucks, whoever allowed it to be in the movie and has listened to it dozens and dozens of times editing and rewatching the scenes sucks more.

That line is cinematic GOLD. I've been singing "Dust in the Wind" all day, only parodying it by making up lyrics to "Turd in the Wind." I don't think I'll ever hear that song again without thinking about Venom.

Anyone compare some of the same shots from the old trailer and the new one? It would give a hint whether still working on CGI or not.

I looked and few frames seemed slightly more in focus and bit more lit up but that could've just been how played on my laptop.

Old Trailer

tcAU4al.jpg

New Trailer

c2Kw2Pg.jpg

Those pictures you posted: The older trailer picture is in higher resolution maybe cause more of a still-frame, variation in stream quality from different source, or perhaps some shots within sequences aren't finished yet?

Overall, the newer trailer I've seen looks a bit less blurry (especially when Drake opens the doors and see scientists in background) when I played it on my screen. They've implemented some coloring into some of the Symbiotes shown in last trailer compared to this one as well.

I think I saw some brown in the symbiote latch itself onto the test subject suggesting Phage host may just be dead upon arrival. Agony is perhaps depicted in the movie as woman attacking Eddie perhaps infecting him (an odd way to adapt her into movie if this is the case), Scream being hosted by lady shooting out spikes (yellow symbiote very prominently shown now when Drake opens doors unlike last trailer), and Lasher perhaps being the other test subject briefly seen. Will we get all 5 or will most be DOA as Scream sorts them all out with her weapon like in the Separation Anxiety miniseries?

Last edited:
Those pictures you posted: The older trailer picture is in higher resolution maybe cause more of a still-frame, variation in stream quality from different source, or perhaps some shots within sequences aren't finished yet?

They're both from the same source.

I liked the trailer when I first watched it on my computer but then I watched it at home on my TV screen and I could really see why people were criticizing the CGI; it does look really bad in spots. I think Venom looks okay but the scenes where the symbiotes aren't just crawling around and attaching themselves to things look really bad (particularly the scene with that guy in the lab and the one where Venom's head is talking to Hardy). Also, WTF is that scene in the MRI room where Hardy looks like he's being possessed by Ghost Venom? Can someone explain that to me, because I've never seen the Eddie/Venom transition look like that.

I could overlook all that though if the rest of it looked good, but... well...

I'm a huge Tom Hardy fan. I like him in damn near everything he does. But his acting here just feels... off. The Elmer Fudd comparison with his voice is spot-on. I get what he's trying to do but I just feel like he's missing the mark. It doesn't help that some of the dialogue they're giving him is awful ("I found something really bad." "That guy you work for is an evil person!" "You should be verrrrrry afraid!").

Of course, Eddie's bad dialogue pales in comparison to some of Venom's bad dialogue. I don't mind the "so many snacks" line or "We can do whatever WE want" but... that "turd" line. Like, seriously? It's bad enough that they wrote it, but who at Sony was stupid enough to put it in a trailer? It's like that Tom Cruise Mummy Scream™... you put a line like that in your trailer, you're just ASKING for people to turn it into a meme. The Double Toasted guys and Mr. Sunday Movies had a field day with that line.

Anyway, I still gave the trailer a 6 because I'm sure I'll go see it unless the reviews all say is straight-up garbage. Venom (regardless of the turd line) certainly seems closer to his comic book counterpart than Topher Venom did, so there's that. And the symbiote fight will hopefully look cool.

That line is cinematic GOLD. I've been singing "Dust in the Wind" all day, only parodying it by making up lyrics to "Turd in the Wind." I don't think I'll ever hear that song again without thinking about Venom.

If that is your definition of cinematic gold then cool I guess.

I genuinely have trouble understanding what he's saying, and I never really had that issue with Bane in the early TDKR trailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"