• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Venom Rate Venom Trailer #2

Old Trailer

tcAU4al.jpg

New Trailer

c2Kw2Pg.jpg

There is no improvement here.

If anything it's worse.

They're both from the same source.

Overall, the newer trailer looks a bit clearer so perhaps this frame was taken when the character in motion a bit with the older being a stiller frame is my best guess then.

I don't see how they'd want to make the CGI worse but interesting to think on nonetheless as main question I suppose is are Sony finished or still working on this CGI?

I enjoyed the trailer more than the final film will probably deserve but Venom looks and sounds like I imagined he would reading the comics but yeah the film will probably suck, hope not but there's as much bad as good in it.

If that is your definition of cinematic gold then cool I guess.

Its about as cinematic gold as Storm's "Do you know what happens to a toad that is struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else".

Its about as cinematic gold as Storm's "Do you know what happens to a toad that is struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everything else".

And I can forgive that silliness because at least that was a late 90s script write in a year 2000 movie. If that were today it would have to be delivered in a more funny manner. Halle said that like it was badass or something lol.

I genuinely have trouble understanding what he's saying, and I never really had that issue with Bane in the early TDKR trailers.

Really? I've had no issues understanding anything he's said. It was all pretty clear cut for me.

Either way, I say it was a pretty solid trailer. I saw what I needed to see and I saw enough to become even more excited for this whereas previously I was pretty "meh" towards the film.

Hardy's accent and the line "a turd in the wind" (seriously, people get paid money to come up with that?) do not allow me to rate the trailer higher than 5/10.

Maybe this will change your mind about the line:

[YT]vnbVilgtxVI[/YT]

It is clear that they are going for both an Oscar and Grammy with this line.

Last edited:
Okay, it was a massive improvement over the first trailer for me, but I'm still not sold. It just...doesn't work without Spider-Man. I keep trying to look at it any other way, but it just doesn't work.

That being said, my 6 year-old said it best:
"At least they said 'symbiote' right. It looks kinda good. I don't think I really like it, though".

I like that Venom looks like a monster, and not Topher Grace.

It's like it's missing something. That something is Spider-man...and maybe Carnage as an antagonist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"