Runaways Refraction | Runaways | EP7

Reaction score
Original Streaming Date: December 19, 2017

At Atlas’ Open House, our parents and kids are thrown together following the revelations of the gala. But for one family, the school event is only the beginning of the drama.

They already have reviews up for this episode. Anyone seen em?

I did not expect that ending.

This episode everyone behaved a little too much like a soap opera but let's see where this leads, it's starting to really deviate from the comics.

For a show called Runaways there's not much running away.

This show is loosing me. They need to pick up the pace and start revealing some things. It feels like season one of Lost with 90210 acting.
I enjoy the cast, but nothing is progressing. I need some plot reveals or I'm dropping this show.

This was not my favorite episode. Overall, it was pretty depressing. I actually liked happy Chase's dad. If the Pride start all dying or being removed from importance, the kids will have an easier decision. On the other hand, some of the Jonah stuff was intriguing. Certainly, I want to know how they resolve this mystery.

They're really pushing Alex on his "Password" story. He not only needs a good explanation for how he knows the password, he needs to explain why he didn't explain it earlier.

This was rather soapish today. It could easily have been a non non comic book drama.

I'm guessing the message at the beginning with future Chase telling his dad not to pick up the Fistigons was a reference to the end of the show where Victor was shot. He's probably dead in that case, otherwise why send that message?

And did Doom's bodily fluids wear off from Victor? Is that why he became abusive again? But he had stopped being that way before he was administered it. Was it all an act?

When are the team going to say "try not to die"?

And did Doom's bodily fluids wear off from Victor? Is that why he became abusive again? But he had stopped being that way before he was administered it. Was it all an act?

I guess that mood swing is an effect of withdrawal.
But they did not sell it that well.

Oh, for the love of everything that's holy, stop calling him Doom.
I beg you. :csad:
It's too much to take, at least until we get an MCU version.
Afterwards, it'll be open season. :cwink:

I agree, we need to start learning things soon. There is only like 3 episodes left, right? We still have no clue as to what is really going on.

Last edited:
Yeah, but it feels like the season finale will end with the teenagers running away from home.

Maybe they'll make a meta comment at the end of the season and say "Let's just stay here and give it another try. We can run away next season." :o

Wasn't really into the cheating parent storyline. I didn't mind the episode though, Alex and Niko scenes seemed the same "How did you know the password?".

Maybe they'll make a meta comment at the end of the season and say "Let's just stay here and give it another try. We can run away next season." :o

Heh. If they did that, I might quit the show. Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the show for what it is, but the pacing isn't great. The show can get increasingly tedious at times and I'm waiting for things to happen.

I do like that the show is giving more characterization to the parents since in the comics, they were just generic bad guys. I like that they gave more to the family dynamics between the teen and their parents. However, I wish they would give more with the teenagers (though they do that in the last two episodes). Like I said, liking it, but could they pick up the pace?

I thought they foreshadowed it nicely with Gert's dad. He said, "if this is how I feel after a hangover from one drop, imagine how Stein would feel."

Wasn't really into the cheating parent storyline. I didn't mind the episode though, Alex and Niko scenes seemed the same "How did you know the password?".

Yeah, that got kind of annoying in this episode. Just spit it out already! :cmad:

I thought they foreshadowed it nicely with Gert's dad. He said, "if this is how I feel after a hangover from one drop, imagine how Stein would feel."

Yes, but Stein was mellowing even before the "drug".
He should have had at least a line about how he felt, it was really abrupt: I think everybody got it but from a storytelling point of view and seeing how they are taking their time on everything else, they could have milked and expounded it a bit more.

He should have had at least a line about how he felt, it was really abrupt: I think everybody got it but from a storytelling point of view and seeing how they are taking their time on everything else, they could have milked and expounded it a bit more.

That's what I thought. Or was it just because he knew at the time that he had a brain tumour and was dying and that's why he mellowed? But now that he had been cured because of Doomy's drug :cwink: he knew he had a new lease of life and decided to continue as before.

Although if you have a new lease of life, you might think that you might try to act differently. I wonder if we'll ever see what life was like for him as a teenager. Was he abused by his father too?

BTW, if we get Victor Mancha in Season 2, I wonder if his first name is going to remind Chase of his dad.

Last edited:

Well, he was pretty uptight when he was announcing his wife having an affair. Then he was given the drug. Sure, he was working with his son earlier, but that's the point. Crashing from the drug made you more irritable than before.

Well, he was pretty uptight when he was announcing his wife having an affair. Then he was given the drug. Sure, he was working with his son earlier, but that's the point. Crashing from the drug made you more irritable than before.

I get what you mean but Dale Yorkes was more deflated than irritable.
Victor just reverted to his worst version, it's fine, but I think they could have given us a smoother transition or else even play it even more jarring and from leftfield.
It's a nitpick, I know.

I'm not pleased that we're over half way and they've barely used their powers, old lace has disappeared and Karolina still isn't wearing her flip flops.

Its the problem with Marvel TV. They hold back, and everything is a slow burn and they don't fully commit. That's why I prefer the MCU films much more.

I have seen a lot of sci fi / action / fantasy shows and Marvel are some of the most restricted shows ever.

Well they could've given Karolina her flip flops. Why does that need to be a slow burn? It's as much an identifying trait as Gert's purple hair, Molly's hat, Wilder's haircut and Nico's goth look.

They also should've given Chase his haircut as he just looks like some random jock now. He also barely wears his goggles which is another identifying trait.

Oh, for the love of everything that's holy, stop calling him Doom.
I beg you. :csad:
It's too much to take, at least until we get an MCU version.
Afterwards, it'll be open season. :cwink:

Have you noticed that episode 9 is called Doomsday? Maybe he will be MCU Doom after all. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"