World Respect for Captain America

Team Andino

The Paragon of Virtue
Reaction score
I started to get back into Comics in 2006 an I was thrown into the whole Civil War story going on. After seeing how Cap portrayed himself I gained so much respect for him beyond being a war hero an super hero. He instantly became one of my favorite comic book heros. It was great seeing after his death how much Cap meant to so many other heros in the Marvel Universe. I'm glad there's a place on the board now just for Cap and hope to be on here alot. Does anyone else consider Cap there favorite hero or at least rank high up on there lists?

^^ I defenitely agree! Cap isn't my #1 favorite Superhero, but he's DEFENITELY up there. I'm really enjoying current Captain America comics from the Comic America series that's running now as well as Avengers/Invaders, etc. I do miss Steve Rogers as Captain America though. :up:

I haven't posted in MONTHS....but I am THRILLED that Cap has his own spot on the forums! Finally! Cap has been my favorite character since I was but a wee lad, and is foremost among the many reasons and inspirations as to why I am currently serving in the U.S. military. I will see the movie when it finally comes out, NO MATTER WHERE I AM STATIONED, and I love that we live in a country where my cap comics can be mailed to whatever base I am at courtesy of my devoted wife. (who also happens to be a Cap afficionado)
Sorry to blather on, but seeing that Mr Rogers, (and by current circumstances, Mr Barnes) has gotten a spot on the forums, has brightened an otherwise busy day. :wish:
(I believe some Cap emoticons are in order)

P.S. excuse my attrocious spelling, I know about 5 languages but cannot spell for s#!t in any of them.

Caps always been one of my favorites....I have a decent collection of Cap material.....I can't tell you how ticked off I was when I heard Marvel killed him.

Caps always been one of my favorites....I have a decent collection of Cap material.....I can't tell you how ticked off I was when I heard Marvel killed him.
I remember when the news first broke out I treated it like any comic book death but like an hour later on my local news they actually made it a big story and did a couple minute bit talking about the history of Captain America. That's when I really was shocked. Even though they killed off Steve Rogers I'm glad there's a feature film coming an that theres finally a spot for him here on the boards, Id been wanting to talk about Cap with some other fans for the longest time

I keep hoping to hear that Steve rogers is brought back somehow....

Cap has been my favorite superhero, since I first saw him in The Invaders, when I was a kid. I didn't get to buy a lot of comic books back then so I learned a lot about Cap from the TV cartoon. "When Captain America throws his mighty shield..." when I was able to get into collecting comics Cap was one of the first titles I jumped on, but I never became a fan of The Avengers. (go figure) in fact about the only issue of The Avengers that I ever bought featured Mr Hyde crushing Cap's original shield, while Cap was held prisoner. I didn't like it at all.
Sadly, circumstances forced me to stop buying comics in the early 90s. The last time I looked in on Captain America the art was being done by someone who clearly didn't know how to draw a mouth. still I miss the old boyscout and if a comic shop ever opens up in pell city I'll definatly start buying him again.

I just thought back to Civil War when Punisher refused to fight Captain America because he respected him to much despite the fact Cap was hitting him an yelling at him to fight back. Plus Spidey's respect for him during CW and even the events after his death. Man I need to go re read that right now I'm just getting chills thinking about how awesome that was the 1st time I read those.

Yeah, he's one of my favorite heroes. I think he's up there with Superman for greatest comic hero of all time.

I keep hoping to hear that Steve rogers is brought back somehow....
dying is probably the best thing to happen to steve in awhile though. and at least he went out like a champ, sacrificing himself to save one of the random shield agents walking him into court...not like some of the less well done deaths of late *cough* batman*/cough*

I don't think Batman counts, you know, seeing as he's not really dead and all.

Cap's always been one of my favorites.

Steve's death was handled very well, and it's actually a good way to end his story. Of course, he will be brought back eventually, hopefully not in a stupid way either.

In the meantime, Bucks been awesome.

I started to get back into Comics in 2006 an I was thrown into the whole Civil War story going on. After seeing how Cap portrayed himself I gained so much respect for him beyond being a war hero an super hero. He instantly became one of my favorite comic book heros. It was great seeing after his death how much Cap meant to so many other heros in the Marvel Universe. I'm glad there's a place on the board now just for Cap and hope to be on here alot. Does anyone else consider Cap there favorite hero or at least rank high up on there lists?

that would be me
its nice to see that butt kicker#1 has his own forum at last

Cap is probably my third favorite Marvel character after Spider-Man and Thor. The book has been excellent, though. I'm quite enjoying Buck as Cap.

Cap is my favorite Superhero by far but hes in a Tie with Deadpool just becuase well its ****ing deadpoool but by far... Cap is my Fav.... and i have to say.... Brubaker has had an amazing run :up:

Yes, and his former sidekick took up his mantle.

Captain America is a great symbol, I'm not American, but what he fights for is a great example to live up to.

He represents what America should be about.

Captain America is my favorite hero of all time. He's the first title I started collecting seriously and have almost his entire run up till like 1992 or 93, back when I bought comics. I always kept tabs on him though and was sad to here Marvel killed him. Its messed up, it seems I'm into dead heroes. 1. Captain America 2. Captain Marvel 3. Guardian. Go figure. What does it all mean? I guess I'll make Wolverine my favorite now as I'm really sick of him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"