The Walking Dead Rick/Michonne Limited Series

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
'The Walking Dead' showrunner teases ‘epic and insane love story’ in Rick and Michonne spinoff

“It's an epic love story,” Gimple said. “But it's an epic and insane love story. These are two people that have been separated for a very long time. They've lived whole other existences and they have to find themselves again, let alone each other. And it's hopefully going to be mind-blowing.”

Lest fans fret that two of TWD’s most seasoned survivors will have lost a step in their separate sojourns apart from the main gang, Gimple assured that the duo will return energized and ready to slice through any obstruction that blocks their path. “We see this incredible power couple, but we also see that ‘Red Machete’ Rick. We see that Michonne, who taught a thing or two to the Governor. It kind of goes coast to coast that way, between the intimate and the epic and the insane.”
I’d never really considered it, but it makes a good amount of sense that being separated from their community would cause a certain amount of falling back on bad habits. Considering the kinds of changes we’ve seen before (Martinez, for example).

I knew Andy and Danai were producers on this, but Gimple said they're very involved as co-creators.

With ‘Wakanda Forever,’ Danai Gurira Is Owning Her Power
When I ask her to describe her past year, Gurira responds by detailing an endlessly packed schedule that has included, among other things, two separate stints filming for Wakanda Forever (totaling up to almost a year); the title role in Shakespeare in the Park’s summer production of Richard III; preproduction on the forthcoming Walking Dead spinoff, which she cocreated and is also writing for alongside writer-producer Scott Gimple; more of the “constant” development work she’s been doing through her overall deal with ABC Signature Studios; as well as continued advocacy work through her two nonprofits, the Almasi Arts Alliance and Love Our Girls.
Gurira is certainly working to bring her own stories forth. She’s currently “in high gear” working on her Walking Dead spinoff, which she reveals is set to begin shooting in January. Following Michonne and Andrew Lincoln’s Rick Grimes after their departures from the main show in 2020 and 2018, respectively, Gurira describes the upcoming series as “an epic love story tale.” As a cocreator (along with The Walking Dead producer and writer Scott Gimple) of the spinoff, which she calls a “prestige miniseries,” Gurira has found it exciting to help build the show from the ground up.
“She challenges me, I challenge her, and neither one of us lets the other off the hook,” Gimple says via email. “In life, I’m more a character actor; Danai is a lead. When we’re working, when we’re pitching, when we’re just dealing with life stuff—it’s a good combo.” Describing Gurira as “incredibly creatively ambitious,” Gimple adds, “[Danai] wants to do new, signature work—stuff that isn’t out there currently. She doesn’t want to settle in any way. It’s the best creative energy to be around.”

Last edited:
From TWD Official Twitter Account.

Lesley-Ann Brandt's social media posts have given away that she's been cast. :hehe:

Here she is with Richonne/TWD Seasons 2-6 costume designer Eulyn Hufkie:

Andrew Lincoln?

I'm pretty sure Bert & Bertie (Hawkeye, Our Flag Means Death) directed at least the first two episodes.

A leaked call sheet with an unnanounced actor on it is going around...
Terry O'Quinn is playing Major General Beale! The character was first referenced in World Beyond.

T7NU0.gif

I hate that title. Admittedly, I'd hate it less if every character wasn't saying it in that ending montage in the finale, but I'd rather they'd just called it The Walking Dead: Rick and Michonne.

Let’s freaking go!!!!

I left the Walking Dead show bonkers years ago, but this looks kinda interesting and I'll try it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"