RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen the video, but my brother was talking to be about it. He said that he looked really strung out and tired. That he simply didn't look right.
I mean, he's always had a somewhat downbeat vibe in the live performances I've seen, and he played and sounded fine, so it didn't seem any different to me. But I'm certainly no expert.

Seen Soundgarden in the mid 90's, after Cornells first divorce almost broke him when he cut off all his hair and sent it to his soon to be ex-wife at that time.

Sounds like he and his current wife were having marriage issues if she had someone "check on him". Something isn't feeling right in that last performance, he seems off that whole night. Chances are, he made the decision before the show started, and made several strange comments on facebook and the show.

This makes me angry and sad, this is a whole generation of lead singers that burned out too early. Depression and mental illness can be a funeral shroud.

I mean, he's always had a somewhat downbeat vibe in the live performances I've seen, and he played and sounded fine, so it didn't seem any different to me. But I'm certainly no expert.

I'm no expert either and whilst it's easy to over analyse things with the benefit of hindsight, I do think his manner was a little off in this show. It's not like he jumped around on stage a lot in recent years compared to the early 90s, but he always had a kind of charisma and pent up energy which he released through his voice. His poise and posture in some of the footage I've seen from Detroit looks like that of a tired man who is going through the motions. It could just be tiredness, who knows, but it seemed strange to me for a live show with loud electric guitars and a cheering audience - I saw him last year on the Higher Truth tour and he had noticeably more energy about him in that show, with just an acoustic.

Seen Soundgarden in the mid 90's, after Cornells first divorce almost broke him when he cut off all his hair and sent it to his soon to be ex-wife at that time.

Sounds like he and his current wife were having marriage issues if she had someone "check on him". Something isn't feeling right in that last performance, he seems off that whole night. Chances are, he made the decision before the show started, and made several strange comments on facebook and the show.

This makes me angry and sad, this is a whole generation of lead singers that burned out too early. Depression and mental illness can be a funeral shroud.

I think she had someone check on him because she couldn't get hold of him on the phone when he was meant to have just returned to his room. No suggestion of marriage issues.

I agree, depression is a very dark cloud hanging over someone and a very hard thing for those who aren't standing under it to understand. I often wonder is suicide always planned or do the people sometimes just fall very quickly - maybe in the space of a half hour - into such a depressive state that they make a rash decision like that which is irreversible. Just a few weeks ago a young guy killed himself in the city I come from; it has a high suicide rate amongst young men and it's not unusual to hear of stories like this, but the manner in which it happened was disturbing. He was driving over a bridge with 3 friends in the car on their way somewhere, all talking and behaving normally - then he just stopped the car, got out, walked over to the side and jumped into the water.

In the same manner, everyone is stunned by how Cornell could do a live show and talk about future performances, and then take his life within an hour (reportedly) of walking off stage and chatting warmly to fans outside the venue. It's nearly impossible to try and rationalise something like that when you aren't in that state yourself.

[YT]YnzgdBAKyJo[/YT]

[Yt]DDg2mSOmeIA[/MEDIA]

:(

Last edited:
I haven't seen the video, but my brother was talking to be about it. He said that he looked really strung out and tired. That he simply didn't look right.

I remember watching the Avengers Live Red Carpet and he was there, I swear he didn't look well mentally even back then.

Meant to comment on this yesterday.

Cornell was, hands down, the BEST vocalist of the grunge alternative era and perhaps his generation. That man could do things with his voice that his rivals only wished they could. Also a brilliant songwriter and guitar player, he may very well have been the most talented frontman of his era. If we're simply talking technical ability, he leaves the rest of them in the dust.

That era is and will forever be my favorite era in music. It was the one I grew up in, and the first time I really felt like a genre clicked with me. But it's been a genre marked by tragedy. Kurt Cobain's suicide. Layne Staley's and Scott Weiland's well-documented struggles with drug addiction and eventual deaths. Smashing Pumpkins' touring keyboardist Jonathan Melvoin's death, which led to the fracture and eventual implosion of the band. And now Chris Cornell's death, which may or may not have been a suicide but is nonetheless a heartbreaking loss.

It's tough to think about. I know I'm just a fan and I can't even imagine what Cornell's family members and friends must be going through right now. But music has a way of touching us and connecting us, so much so that you can feel as if you know someone and they know you. Even if you've never met. This one is going to be really tough to get over.

We'll miss you Chris. You are a rock god. You are a legend. RIP.

Chris Cornell was right there with Eddie Vedder as my favorite male vocalists of all-time. Cornell was one of the greatest voices in music history.

This song is my favorite song by Audioslave. Sadly, it was the first song I thought about when I heard the news.

[YT]tLrz0vMOhU4[/YT]

Just heard from Joe Jusko that, Artist Rich Buckler has passed on. :(
He was one of my favorite Deathlok and Black Panther Artists.

Rest Well Rich
Uq403U1.png

Last edited:
Just heard from Joe Jusko that, Artist Rich Buckler has passed on. :(
He was one of my favorite Deathlok and Black Panther Artists.

Rest Well Rich

Ah hell.....Rich worked on the Marvel Doc Savage comic too.....damn.

I liked some of his work...

RIP Rich Buckler

I'm still not over Chris Cornell's untimely death. :csad: I've been listening to a lot of Chris' songs recently, specifically Temple of the Dog and Soundgarden. The world lost one of the greatest rock artists and song writers.

I'm still not over Chris Cornell's untimely death. :csad: I've been listening to a lot of Chris' songs recently, specifically Temple of the Dog and Soundgarden. The world lost one of the greatest rock artists and song writers.
Yeah a loss like this really hurts. To a degree you expect the greats to drop because of their age (ie Mick Jagger or Rodger Waters), so when you lose one this young it's especially hard. :(

Wow, TRAIN was on the Walmart Amp Stage here in town tonight. I was guarding a place about a mile away. They did a Tribute to Chris and played Black Hole Sun. It was AWESOME

Too much ****ing death in the news these days... RIP to Sir Roger Moore, to Nicky Hayden and to those murdered last night in Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"