RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP to the man who taught me to love crazy. He will most certainly be missed.

[YT]nalaY6pczpc[/YT]

Gets the biggest laugh out of me by far.

Grew up with a lot of Wilder comedies thanks to my parents. Sad to hear him pass. 2016 has a been a bastard of a year for celebrity deaths.

I cannot stress enough how perfect he was as Willy Wonka. He communicated so much, and you knew there was something always ebbing under the surface. His creative decision to do the somersault was genius. His rageful outburst at the end is such a perspective changer and never gets old. He had magic, charisma, mystery and depth. One of my favourite performances of all time.

I cannot stress enough how perfect he was as Willy Wonka. He communicated so much, and you knew there was something always ebbing under the surface. His creative decision to do the somersault was genius. His rageful outburst at the end is such a perspective changer and never gets old. He had magic, charisma, mystery and depth. One of my favourite performances of all time.

I love the way you described him in the bold. There definitely was something deeper with him.

I also love how you realise Wonka knows everything and is annoyed by things, but supresses it behind a seemingly amicable demeanour. Like Grandpa Joe and Charlie using the fizzy lifting drinks.

Gene Wilder was one of the best comedic actor's ever.
He was charming and funny even when he thought he wasnt.
He was the every man in films,that somehow ended up in crazy situations,fortunately
for some of these crazy situations he teamed up with one of the greatest comedians ever Richard Pryor.It was pure gold when they were together.
The Woman in Red is one of my favorites of all time.Wilder portrayed Teddy Pierce
a guy who slowly finds out that sometimes the fantasy of an affair is far better than the
affair itself.
Silver Streak,Young Frankenstein,Blazing Saddles ,The Producers these are just some of his films
that just showed 50% of his gifts,a writer and producer and such a loving husband to the late great Gilda Radner
Just like his partner for four films Pryor there will never be another like him.

Agreed. Wilder was a one of a kind comedy genius. Good day, sir!

I remember him as Frank's brother from It's Always Sunny.

Jon Polito......Det. Bledsoe from HIGHLANDER and Bigelow from THE ROCKETEER.....RIP

I remember him from the Rocketeer film and from his regular role on NBC's Crime Story back in the late 80's with Dennis Farina...

RIP Jon Polito

Polito was Det. Crosetti from Homicide Life on the Street and the malicious pawnshop owner from the Crow as well.

Damn. Polito was great.

Polito was one of the greats, with an absolutely amazing voice.

RIP. :csad:

Great character actor. Unfortunately, also the centerpiece of one of It's Always Sunny's worst episodes.

RIP

He also played the father in "a film by kirk" on Gilmore girls.

;nd

as well as Silvio, the manic and suspicious super of Jerry Seinfeld's apartment building on an episode of Seinfeld... :funny:

Marvin Kapland passed away about 10 days ago.
Played "Irwin" in It's a MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD World.
And was the telephone repairman in "Alice".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"