RIP Celebrity Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked him in Justified. :(

I didn't realize he was 75. He looked younger. And I do recognize him from so many things.

Jill Messick, film producer, studio executive, and former manager of Rose McGowan, died in Los Angeles on Wednesday of an apparent suicide, her family announced in a statement. She was 50.

McGowan served as manager for McGowan in 1997, the same year that McGowan says she was raped by Harvey Weinstein at the Sundance Film Festival. She was a production executive at Miramax, which was run by Harvey and Bob Weinstein, from 1997 to 2003.

After McGowan went public with her sexual assault claims against Harvey Weinstein, the disgraced mogul brought Messick’s name into the legal affair, with Weinstein’s attorney Ben Brafman releasing an email from Messick to show her alleged defense of his client.

Messick’s family claimed in a statement that Messick’s battle with depression led to her suicide, and pointed to the McGowan-Weinstein ordeal.

“Over the past few months, many women have come out with allegations against Harvey Weinstein, including Rose McGowan, who has repeatedly spoken with the press, striking out against not only her alleged attacker, but a great many others,” reads the family’s statement, in part. “One of them was Jill, who chose to remain silent in the face of Rose’s slanderous statements against her for fear of undermining the many individuals who came forward in truth.”

http://variety.com/2018/film/obitua...ck-dead-dies-rose-mcgowan-miramax-1202692855/

RIP :csad:

Last edited by a moderator:
50 is still kinda young. :(

John Gavin, Actor in ‘Psycho’ and ‘Spartacus,’ Dies at 86.

John Gavin, who reached the pinnacle of his acting career with roles in Douglas Sirk’s “Imitation of Life,” Alfred Hitchcock’s “Psycho” and the epic “Spartacus,” later serving as president of the Screen Actors Guild in the early ’70s and as U.S. ambassador to Mexico under Ronald Reagan, died Friday morning in Beverly Hills, California.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/john-gavin-dead-dies-psycho-spartacus-1202694312/

RIP

Actor Reg Cathey, who played Freddy on “House of Cards” and appeared in “The Wire,” has died. He was 59.

Known for his distinctive baritone voice, Cathey began acting in 1984 in a television movie called “A Doctor’s Story.” He guest starred on many television shows such as “Grimm,” “The Wire,” “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” “House of Cards,” and drama “Outcast.”

Cathey won an “Emmy for outstanding guest actor in a drama series in 2015 for his work on “House of Cards.” He previously nominated in 2014 and received another nomination in 2016 for the same role.

Cathey also appeared in the 2015 “Fantastic Four” reboot and most recently starred in films “Flock of Four” and “Tyrel.”

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/reg-cathey-dead-dies-the-wire-house-of-card-1202694366/

RIP to John Gavin.....little known trivia....he was actually signed to play James Bond in DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER.....but then the producers were able to get Connery back, so they had to buy out his contract.

RIP to Reg Cathey.....he was one of the few good things in Fant4tic.

Actor Reg Cathey, who played Freddy on “House of Cards” and appeared in “The Wire,” has died. He was 59.

Known for his distinctive baritone voice, Cathey began acting in 1984 in a television movie called “A Doctor’s Story.” He guest starred on many television shows such as “Grimm,” “The Wire,” “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit,” “House of Cards,” and drama “Outcast.”

Cathey won an “Emmy for outstanding guest actor in a drama series in 2015 for his work on “House of Cards.” He previously nominated in 2014 and received another nomination in 2016 for the same role.

Cathey also appeared in the 2015 “Fantastic Four” reboot and most recently starred in films “Flock of Four” and “Tyrel.”

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/reg-cathey-dead-dies-the-wire-house-of-card-1202694366/

****, RIP indeed.

RIP to Cathey and Gavin, and also condolences to Rob Delaney for his son's death.

First saw Reg E. Cathey on a kids educational show called Square One back in the day and that was always the point of reference my mind would go to whenever I saw him on something else. R.I.P.

he was GREAT as Martin Querns, who was a real prick on the old HBO series, Oz...

Reg E. Cathey had amazing on screen presence ,intimidating and loving all at the same time,he will be sorely missed

Jóhann Jóhannsson, the Academy Award-nominated and Golden Globe-winning composer behind Sicario and Theory of Everything, died on Friday, his manager confirmed Saturday. He was 48 years old. The cause of death is unknown.

Jóhannsson is survived by his daughter, parents and sisters.
EXsWnv8.jpg

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/johann-johannsson-visionary-composer-behind-sicario-dies-at-48-1083619?utm_source=twitter

Last edited:
Cathey and Jóhannsson. Those are huge loses.

RIP.

No! He was one of my favorite new composers. :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"