World Rogues Gallery Rhino Repainted

pantherfan

Civilian
Reaction score
I dunno if anyone here really does the painting thing, or really even cares about it, but I got this Rhino bust, and decided to strip and repaint it. Let me know what you think!

The original:
rhino.jpg

My repaint:
rhino.jpg

rhinoclose.jpg

pantherfan said:
I dunno if anyone here really does the painting thing, or really even cares about it, but I got this Rhino bust, and decided to strip and repaint it. Let me know what you think!

The original:
rhino.jpg

My repaint:
rhino.jpg

rhinoclose.jpg

Nice work!

Kinda gives his face more depth when he's not so fish-belly white.

Much nicer; great job.

I never go to the trouble of stripping and then repainting busts, but I have been known to touch them up a bit. The paint on them is usually like something slopped on with a housepainting brush. Rhino came out great, nice work :up:

Thanks...did the teeth like that on purpose, to give it more of a "comic-y" feel. They aren't quite as white as the picture shows, though...they're more beige. The actual color was tapioca.

dude lemme say, this is fantastic, great painting skill, keep it up.:up:

Good job, and if the comic-bookish look was your goal for the black-lined teeth, then that works too. :up:

I'm sometimes tempted to repaint the tail on the Rogues Gallery Lizard, due to the non-matching yellow underside painted on it. I suppose one could also choose to paint the chest yellow to match the tail.

awesome job

does anyone know how to get paint to stick to the spidey 2 super poseable figure? i've sanded, cut, and done anything i can think of and NOTHING sticks.

Lizard...go for it! I'd love to see it.

Spidey, anything that I repaint, I give a warm bath with liquid soap. This gets any chemicals off that may have come from the factory...you'd be surprised what a difference it makes! On some, I strip the paint with Castrol super clean, but if the paint isn't on too thick, I just skip that step. Next, I lay down a decent primer coat, and bam! Good to go. That should take care of it for ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"