• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

RPG Application: Ultimate Marvel RPG

Mr. Marko

Canada Wants You!
Reaction score
Earth-1610.jpg

RPG Application

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Mr. Marko

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: [email protected], or [email protected]

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: Venom160

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: Season by season, multiple storylines, the usual.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

It's been six months since New York City was terrorized by the Ultimatum Wave. Magneto and most of the Brotherhood have been killed, and the world is falling back into a pattern of relative peace. But at what price? Charles Xavier, along with most of his X-Men, have died in the battle with Magneto. The X-Men left behind have gone into hiding. Any progress that Charles Xavier made in human-mutant relations were washed away with Ultimatum. Mutants are feared now more than ever, and public use of mutant abilities are illegal.

The Ultimates also lost comrades as Hank and Janet Pym were both killed in the onslaught. The Fantastic Four has disbanded themselves, each member now seeking their own path. The Ultimates have rejoined SHIELD, with General Carol Danvers now in charge of all SHIELD initiatives. Nick Fury has been allowed back into SHIELD, and alongside Gregory Stark-Tony Stark's brother-has been commissioned to initiate Project Avenger, the new face of the SHIELD Black Ops Unit.

Peter Parker, aka Spider-Man, has continued his efforts as Spider-Man. May Parker, his aunt, now knows of her nephew's secret identity and has begun bringing in other superpowered teenagers. With Peter Parker, Johnny Storm, Bobby Drake, Kitty Pryde, and Jessica Drew (aka Spider-Woman), Midtown High School is full of teenage superheroes, each trying to keep their own powers and identity under control.

Plan for the dead characters: one of the integral part of the Ultimate Marvel universe is that death should not be shrugged off as it is in other universes. If you intend on bringing someone back from the dead, you should plan on writing an entire arc to explain their return. For a complete reference of all the characters who died during Ultimatum, check out Marvel Database's reference for Ultimatum.

Also, for a good reference for characters already established in the Ultimate universe, check out their Ultimate Marvel page.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences):
Bring the original Ultimate Marvel line back into the mix. There was a time that Ultimate Marvel was one of the strongest RPGs out there, and we'd like to bring that back.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: Ultimate Marvel RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

ULTIMATE MARVEL RPG APPLICATION

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play:

Brief history of the character, and the direction you want to take them:

What do you feel you can bring to this character?

Powers, abilities, and noteworthy equipment:

What color and font would your character use? (Please fully type the font out):

How many times per week do you plan on posting?:

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialog and one picture:

I don't know if this can work again. I mean All-Star Marvel is doing alright and is proving to be a good place for player-created continuity and characters. Also add to the fact the Ult. Marvel RPG went through two reboots and failed horribly both times.

Out with your nay-saying! :) Post-Ultimatum is a perfect place to start this up again, and that was quite a while ago anyways. If you aren't interested, fine, but don't poo-poo it before it's even off the ground.

I'm just stating the facts. We had a discussion about bringing back Ult. Marvel before we started All-Star Marvel. The majority were in favor of All-Star Marvel and it's doing well enough almost five months after starting.

I don't know if this can work again. I mean All-Star Marvel is doing alright and is proving to be a good place for player-created continuity and characters. Also add to the fact the Ult. Marvel RPG went through two reboots and failed horribly both times.

I'm just stating the facts. We had a discussion about bringing back Ult. Marvel before we started All-Star Marvel. The majority were in favor of All-Star Marvel and it's doing well enough almost five months after starting.
This man speaks the truth, I'm afraid. I miss the Ultimate Universe, but it isn't destined to be, it seems.

I'm not intending on replacing All-Star Marvel by any means. I think that there are people who would be excited for this to come back. If we can get enough interest I am will to spearhead the operation. If not enough interest is there, fine. I just think the Ultimate Universe is rich with awesomeness that should be explored again.

Besides, this whole "its not meant to be" thing is a load of garbage. If people want to do it, then lets do it. V160 and I decided to put this up as an effort to bring back something that was great.

I just think that the concepts are too similar, and I've watched Ultimate Marvel die three times now.

Despite the fact that this game is more than likely doomed to die out with every re-attempt, and I've come to terms with this, I will say this on the matter...

If, and that's a big 'IF', you guys get approval for this game to have another go, then i'll join. But until then I'll sit out and watch how much interest you can generate.

Too many things going against Marvel Games and specifically Ult Marvel which is surprising because that game used to have better luck than 616 Marvel. But then you guys had your first reboot, then a second (from my understand pretty close to the first reboot) and then it died.

I've always been realistic and given the general RPG section has gotten pretty pathetic over the past 6 months this won't work. Also not to be at all mean Marko but you of all people should not be the anchor to an RPG. I know Ult Marvel was always your main thing but I've seen you appear and disappear enough times to know that if you want this RPG to come back you need a stronger anchor to drive it. You're in that class of RPers who just do that too much; "spur of the moment" kind of drives.

Fine, consider this application moot then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"