RPG PROPOSAL: Ultimate One Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Blaze

Freethinker
Reaction score
Name of the new RPG: The Ultimate One Universe RPG

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Johnny Blaze

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: Yes

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen:
Byrd Man

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: Same as the other superhero RPGs, basically. First season would be a one-shot trial run, with any new season(s) hinging on how the game is going at the end of said season.
If it has a good core group of players, then it can expand to Season 2 and beyond.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Application, (Must be a paragraph or longer):

Keeping it fairly straight-forward and simple. Players will take DC and/or Marvel characters and put an "Ultimate" spin on them. I don't want to use too many characters in the backstory of the RPG, as I'd prefer to allow potential players complete creative freedom for whatever character(s) they wish (with a 2 character limit).

Basic premise is as follows (if the game gets off the ground, it would be fleshed out a wee bit more)...

Set in the current year, most heroes and villains would just be starting out, though if some prefer to skip an origin story, they could easily be worked into the game as a meta-human who has recently been established. Though I do wish to keep it that we are just entering a new Age of Marvels.

The past age of the "superhero" died off with Captain America and the JSA. In World War 2, America's super-soldier, Steve Rogers, led a small group of heroes against the Axis Powers and helped the Allied Forces win the war. But Captain America was lost in covert mission, and presumed dead. Not long after the war, the rest of the surviving JSA retired from heroics leaving the world to fend for itself.

In the decades that have passed, humanity has seen the rise of an offshoot, Homo Superior, Mutants. Humans born with natural "gifts" that manifest around puberty, mutants are shunned by society and feared by normal humans, called "monsters" and worse.

It has been over half-a-century since the days of the JSA, and the world has seemingly forgotten all about their former protectors. But reports are starting to come in from across the globe of costumed vigilantes appearing in cities, stopping criminals and helping people in need. Citizen reaction has been mixed, some praising the new costumed crime-fighters for their good deeds, but most keeping quiet mistrust about the new capes, even fearing it may be a mutant plot to gain the human's trust before declaring war against mankind.

Whatever the case may be, the world governments have taken notice, and are paying close attention to what is being heralded as the New Age of Marvels.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): In my years spent in the RPGS, I've seen Ultimate Marvel games and Ultimate DC games, but never one that combines the two universe. The concept of an Ultimate One Universe was something that interested me in the past, and the concept seemed like something worth exploring to see who else would be interested.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: Ultimate One Universe RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

Character Name:

Alignment (Hero, Villain, Walking the Line):

Character Speech Font and Color:

Powers and Abilities:

Character Origin/Backstory:

What Makes This Version "Ultimate":

What can you bring to the RPG:

Sample Post (provide a short post of at least 3 paragraphs and 1 line of dialogue for your character):

Last edited:
76b.gif

yes-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1292.gif

Last edited:
If my internet access was more reliable, I'd definitely jump in on this as my second game

What's wrong with your internet access at the moment?

just very sparse, I can only get access a few hours a day for the time being. That's why I haven't been as active recently. I just don't think I can take on an additional game until it's squared away

Right on. Hopefully the game gets off of the ground so you can jump in later when your **** is all squared away. :up:

This is... huh. This is one of those things that has kind of always been one of those "so obvious that it should have been done years ago" kinda concepts.

Infact, I think alot of us tried to not-so-subtly inject Ultimate elements into the already existing One Universe games, but for whatever reason, no one really ever felt too comfortable with really capitalizing on the idea of really changing anything. Hell, that's half of the reason I haven't been terribly happy with my current Superman stuff in OE. I couldn't get past my brain telling me to keep things safe and not really mess around with the character too much... when that was kind of what I wanted to do in the first place.

Maybe a game like this will get other people to just let such a mentality go and have fun with it. Color me intrigued, at the very least. :up:

This is what I wanted the OE game I started to be, but everyone poo-pooed the idea. Everyone b'ed and moaned about doing origins and so I just made it more classic than I originally set out to do.

That's me b'ing and moaning that no one wanted to do this when I brought it up. But I'd totally be in.

Question though...any chance we could add more than Marvel/DC characters? I understand if not.

Yeah, I heard about the OE origin argument earlier, and how people felt a bit hand-cuffed. This would definitely alleviate that problem as people would have total creative freedom to recreate and integrate the characters into this mixed world.
Hell, I had a brief idea of making Matt Murdock a Green Lantern.

As for allowing other comic companies, I don't really care either way. Marvel and DC have a **** ton of characters by themselves, but if there's an Indy character that can be made to fit the world I don't see a problem.
But I'd leave that choice up to the majority of players. If most are cool with it, I'd allow it.

It was just an idea I was throwing out.

And I'm definitely liking the complete control idea.

Well, hopefully it gains a little more interest and can get at a season to see if it can work. Otherwise the character app I already have written will be for nothing. :o

Hell, I had a brief idea of making Matt Murdock a Green Lantern.

Byrd called, and he wants his idea back...

He also said something rather antisemitic that I'd rather not repeat here. :csad:

Byrd called, and he wants his idea back...

He also said something rather antisemitic that I'd rather not repeat here. :csad:

You mean the same idea I mentioned to him earlier? And don't be a *****. Say it! :cmad:

Eh. I didn't feel like bragging. I wanted you to feel like you had done something special and unique. So, good for you, JB!

Eh. I didn't feel like bragging. I wanted you to feel like you had done something special and unique. So, good for you, JB!

Not really special and unique at all. Just an obvious example of the creative freedom I wanted to shoot for for this concept. You don't have to feel restricted in having Matt Murdock be Daredevil. The Man Without Fear would make a perfect fit to being a Green Lantern and would definitely fit the description of an "Ultimized" OU character.
Cool though that we thought of the same concept, but it makes sense that we did.

I think it was more that Byrd had made Daredevil a Lantern in the original OU. But making Matt a flat out GL would be incredibly different.

I think it was more that Byrd had made Daredevil a Lantern in the original OU. But making Matt a flat out GL would be incredibly different.

Right on. Maybe that's where it came to me? I remember I came to late to the original OU party, missed the first season I want to say. I remember skimming through it and perhaps Byrd's Daredevil Lantern was buried into my subconscious. And when working on this game it popped loose and "came" to me?
I do like to visualize a bunch of **** just floating around in my brain, kind of randomly bouncing off of stuff. This would just reenforce my suspicions.

Right on. Maybe that's where it came to me? I remember I came to late to the original OU party, missed the first season I want to say. I remember skimming through it and perhaps Byrd's Daredevil Lantern was buried into my subconscious. And when working on this game it popped loose and "came" to me?
I do like to visualize a bunch of **** just floating around in my brain, kind of randomly bouncing off of stuff. This would just reenforce my suspicions.

Weed's a hell of a drug.

Well, sheeyit. If had waited just a little bit longer, I could've resurrected All-Star Spider-Man and interjected him into the One Universe setting.

On a side note, :up: to Op for the Daniel Bryan gif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"