RUMOR: Marvel Studios Considering Deadpool MCU Debut in Spider-Man 3

It's just that the current Deadpool is so distinct. He knows it's a movie, he references back on itself all the time. How is that going to work inside the MCU? Half of Deadpool's powers are his ability to break the fourth wall.. and I'm just not sure I really want that in these movies. How would that work against Peter Parker, who has to take his world seriously? Ryan Reynolds has done such a great a distinct job on his own, I wouldn't mind Deadpool living outside the main continuity personally. It could even be a source of a lot of fun jokes. I don't think that I want to see Reynold's Deadpool leashed down to a PG-13 standard comic book movie story.

I'm sure that they can make it work though, so I have faith in whatever they do.
I'm sure Marvel Studios will figure it out.

However, Deadpool is the last character that I think of, when I think of the MCU's future slate. My wish for Deadpool, is for Disney to let foX do their Deadpool 3 and wrap up Wade's trilogy. Then give the character a good long rest.

Not really interested in Ryan Reynolds crossing over into the MCU.

The rumor always seemed suspect. It's not like either character needed the boost, at this point. How Deadpool interacts with the wider Marvel Universe is probably still something they need to figure out, what with his fourth wall breaking.

Wonder if they will confirm another DP movie is in the works at SDCC next month.

I doubt it. Its just gonna be Marvel Studios films, unless foX attends Hall H as well? is there any word if foX will have their own panel. The King's Man, Underwater and The New Mutants are scheduled for neXt year.

The rumor always seemed suspect. It's not like either character needed the boost, at this point. How Deadpool interacts with the wider Marvel Universe is probably still something they need to figure out, what with his fourth wall breaking.

Wonder if they will confirm another DP movie is in the works at SDCC next month.

It's not hard to do. Have Deadpool do his thing and the other characters are just confused and don't understand what he's talking about. And then move on.

Reynolds' Deadpool in an MCU Spider-Man movie would be a bloody stupid idea.

Crossing over an R-rated title from a franchise with a ridiculously messed up timeline with an MCU character that's always been popular with the younger audience and also has the burden of Sony needing to up their game when it comes to f***-ups like the "8 years" comment in Homecoming.

It would lose a chunk of Spidey's younger audience and wouldn't make up for that with the tiny percentage of Deadpool fans who have so far ignored the MCU it brought over.

We don't even know what's happening with Marvel and Sony after Far From Home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"