Runaways Runaways Season Two Episodes 6-9

Mike Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
As I said, I'm splitting this into thirds.

Runaways Review Episodes 6-9

a980f9afde0ec3d3ea44_2.jpg

Please use spoiler code for any subsequent episodes.

Episode 8 functioned very easily as a mid-season finale. Honestly, if I had watched it before I created the threads, I might have cut it into halves instead. It'll be interesting to see if they can keep up the quality with the plot changing.

Episode 6 did a good job with all the relationship issues by adding tension and problems. Things had progressed fairly quickly in the first season, so it's good to see them take a step back and have to deal with struggles. I like that nobody is perfect here, even if Karolina is clearly in the wrong.

Episode 7 - One of the interesting things this episode has is to call back to the recording. Last season, it seemed the future was altered because Victor was seemingly dead. I like that they emphasized that things are going as planned. The episode also has some really fun music. There were certainly no easy decisions made here and no clear right and wrong. But Karolina's dad was a clear threat with the earthquakes and, even after that, he seemed bent on killing everyone. I can't blame her decision even if it was also personally motivated. Xavin keeps getting mentioned. I'm guessing he won't be a Skrull in this.

Episode 8 - I think the big thing this episode did was establish that Pride is still full of bad people even if Jonah is gone. I thought this was something fun about the early parts of season one so I'm glad to see it.

Episode 9 - There's a lot of different things going on in this episode. There's dissension in Pride but, more importantly, people are behaving oddly. I'm wondering if Jonah is jumping from body to body. We have four episodes until the end so I can't see Alex's plan succeeding, but we'll see. Probably the biggest thing is the double cliffhanger. Not yet sure how I feel about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"