• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Rush Hour - Bill Lawrence/Brett Ratner Team-Up to Bring the Movie to TV

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2014/09/rush-hour-tv-series-bill-lawrence-brett-ratner-843720/
‘Rush Hour’ To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
by Nellie Andreeva

A big series project is about to hit the markeplace — a Rush Hour hourlong action comedy based on the blockbuster movie franchise. I’ve learned that Warner Bros. TV has closed deals for the project, which will be co-written/executive produced by one of studio’s top showrunners, Bill Lawrence. The movie franchise’s director Brett Ratner and producer Arthur Sarkissian will serve as executive producers.

Written by Cougar Town co-creator Lawrence and the series’ executive producer/showrunner Blake McCormick, Rush Hour is expected to stay close to the premiere of the original movie, with a stoic, by-the-book Hong Kong police officer, played in the features by Jackie Chan, assigned to a case in Los Angeles, where he’s forced to work with a cocky black LAPD officer, originally played by Chris Tucker, who has no interest in a partner.

Produced by Warner Bros. subsidiary New Line Cinema, Rush Hour was a sleeper hit when it came out in 1998, launching a successful three-movie franchise that has grossed more than $500 million domestically and more than $845 million worldwide. (Below is the trailer foe the original movie). There had been a lot of talk about doing another sequel, with Chan indicating as recently as last month that Warner Bros. was still interested in doing a fourth Rush Hour film, but there is nothing actively in the works.

Rush Hour, from WBTV and Lawrence’s studio-based Doozer, marks a second big project for Doozer this season. A comedy from Tommy Johnagin, Justin Halpern and Patrick Schumacker recently landed a pilot production commitment from CBS. The ICM Partners-repped company also has series Undateable on NBC as well as Cougar Town and Ground Floor on TBS.

Before joining Cougar Town, McCormick, repped by UTA and Kaplan Perrone, worked on Fox’s King Of The Hill.

Rush Hour joins another big movie title, Minority Report, which was sold as a series to Fox with a put pilot commitment.
Never really cared much about the movies, but I love Bill Lawrence, so we'll see.

never got into the movies and I don't think it'll be any different with this, despite who's behind it... I'll pass...

Jay Chou and Brandon T. Jackson for Chief Inspector Lee and Detective Carter.

I don't know about this. Part of what made Rush Hour great was the funny dynamic between Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan. I'm not sure anybody can match that.

CBS Pilot Commitment

Wait until CBS does this like they did Shawn Ryan's pilot for Beverly Hills Cop. :o

Speaking of BHS, I wonder if it's completely out of the realm of possibility to see Chan/Tucker pop in like Eddie Murphy would have.

Also wonder if Ratner's gonna direct this. He's done pilots before.

Uh...okay. I guess I'll give this a look. I would've preferred a fourth movie, but I guess this will do.

I hope this becomes a good old-fashioned buddy-cop action drama, along the lines of Miami Vice. We can't have too many shows like that, in my opinion.

I hope this becomes a good old-fashioned buddy-cop action drama, along the lines of Miami Vice. We can't have too many shows like that, in my opinion.
With Bill Lawrence on board, I don't imagine it'll be overly drama-heavy.

Well I think that's a little reductive of what he can do as a writer, but sure, let's go with that.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/damon-wayans-jr-new-girl-exit-pilot-offers-1201367065/
Damon Wayans Jr. To Depart ‘New Girl’, In Demand For Pilots
by Nellie Andreeva

Damon Wayans Jr. already has emerged as one of the most sought after leading comedy men for a second straight season with multiple offers, including the Rush Hour series remake. He is yet to say yes, which means there will be a ton of other pilots sent his way over the next couple of weeks. (Last year, he also was offered a number of pilots but passed on them all.)
I'm listening. :o

I LOVE the Rush Hour series, yes even RH3. I'm all for this.

I LOVE the Rush Hour series, yes even RH3. I'm all for this.

I didn't mind it until they used the flag to jump off the Eifle Tower, then I never wanted to watch it again.

Incidentally, I like your Lego Gallery -especially 'Nightshade'.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/jon-turteltaub-direct-rush-hour-pilot-cbs-1201371108/
Jon Turteltaub To Direct ‘Rush Hour’ Pilot
by Nellie Andreeva

The director of one blockbuster action-adventure feature franchise, National Treasure, is set to direct the TV adaptation of another, Rush Hour. National Treasure helmer Jon Turteltaub has signed on to direct and executive produce the hourlong CBS pilot Rush Hour, based on New Line’s buddy movies.

Written by Cougar Town co-creator Bill Lawrence and the series’ executive producer/showrunner Blake McCormick, Rush Hour centers on a stoic, by-the-book Hong Kong police officer (played in the features by Jackie Chan) assigned to a case in Los Angeles, where he’s forced to work with a cocky black LAPD officer (originally played by Chris Tucker) who has no interest in a partner. The movies’ director Brett Ratner and producer Arthur Sarkissian also executive produce. There was talk about Ratner potentially directing the pilot but that didn’t happen. Warner Bros TV and Lawrence’s studio-based Doozer are producing.

The last three pilots Turteltaub directed have all gone to series, which he executive produced, Jericho and Harper’s Island on CBS and Common Law on USA. In features, he most recently helmed hit comedy Last Vegas.

I hope the character of "Kenny" is made a recurring character, or even is in the main cast.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/aimee-garcia-cast-rush-hour-cbs-pilot-jessika-van-1201387878/
Aimee Garcia Cast In CBS’ ‘Rush Hour’
by Nellie Andreeva

Dexter alumna Aimee Garcia is set to co-star opposite Jon Foo in CBS’ hourlong pilot Rush Hour. Also cast in the project, based on the hit movie franchise, is Jessika Van.

Written/executive produced by Bill Lawrence and Blake McCormick and directed/exec produced by Jon Turteltaub, the pilot centers on Lee (Foo), a stoic, by-the-book Hong Kong police officer assigned to a case in Los Angeles, where he’s forced to work with Carter, a cocky black LAPD officer who has no interest in a partner. Garcia will play Didi Diaz, a sergeant with the LAPD who chose to leave the streets once she became a mom. Didi is Carter’s former partner who knows him better than most people and is not afraid to call him out. Van will play Det. Lee’s (Foo) younger sister Kim, one of the few female officers with the Hong Kong Police Department.

The movies’ director Brett Ratner and producer Arthur Sarkissian also executive produce with Jeff Ingold for Warner Bros TV and Lawrence’s studio-based Doozer.

Garcia, repped by Atlas Artists, Paradigm and attorney Lev Ginsburg, most recently was seen in MGM’s Robocop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogmanyoyo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"