• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Rush Hour - Bill Lawrence/Brett Ratner Team-Up to Bring the Movie to TV

I didn't known Jon Foo was British.

Hopefully he can do a good parochial Hong Kong accent, which is derived from received pronounciation. Despite the perception Americans get from Jackie Chan and so forth, educated people in Hong Kong can speak English very well.

Rush Hour Tv Series Teaser trailer

[YT]nm9iwe9tO_Q[/YT]

hmmmm.........

Looks like fun!

Why's it in 240p though?

^ not sure... That's the only video I could find.

But I think i'll give the show a chance. I haven't watched CBS in a very long time.

Looks interesting. Hires is like a funnier, less irritating Chris Tucker.

Doesn't look bad

Hmmm I dunno. I'm a huge fan of the movies and I'm all in for the series, but I feel like that trailer didn't really do much for me. Still gonna check it out though.

So the tv series is just redoing the movie plot in serial form.

Last edited:
Show's cast and EP got some flack at their TCA press event from an NPR writer (of course) about the diversity of the show and the stereotyping it does on blacks and Asians. Can't believe the NPR was serious with his questioning, considering the show is based on the characters from the movies. Sometimes wonder if the overly PC-ness of certain people gets in the way of them actually enjoying things.

http://deadline.com/2016/01/rush-ho...y-questions-cbs-bill-lawrence-tca-1201681158/

[YT]FH9eNFd5Ns8[/YT]

I just saw this on Youtube, was surprised to see it's been online since November.

Looks like fun with some decent action, probably a one season show though.

Looks like fun with some decent action, probably a one season show though.

I agree. It does look like a fun show, but the likelihood of it seeing a second season is pretty slim.

There's also the ever-present problem with fish-out-of-water stories. Sooner or later the character who's out of place gets used to the ways of their new home and the humor gained from that is either stretched too far or lost completely.

after tonight we should have a better handle on the series
speaking of handles the title" rush hour " never made sense to me what [beside the movie series it's based on] does it mean ?

Rush hour is a part of the day during which traffic congestion on roads and crowding on public transport is at its highest.

thanks but I STILL don't get the meaning of the title

They have an Hour to rescue the kidnapped girl, so they really need to Rush.

This premieres tonight? S***, I really haven't been watching any CBS lately, because I haven't seen a single promo.

is this show too exciting for the CBS adudience

and will they be ok with "that colored fella and the Chinaman" on their TVs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"