The Amazing Spider-Man Sam Raimi knew nothing about the Mickey Rourke casting rumour

People were penciling in Rourke as Kraven when this was first reported and it turns out Sam didn't even know about it. Just shows the Sam probably isn't thinking what the fans are thinking.

People were penciling in Rourke as Kraven when this was first reported and it turns out Sam didn't even know about it. Just shows the Sam probably isn't thinking what the fans are thinking.

I think it shows more that Raimi has nothing to do with the script this time around, which we've known already.

Sam was too busy working on Drag Me to Hell.

hahaha

It always makes me laugh when I read stuff like this.

Why would Raimi be thinking about cast if both him and the writer are focusing on the story?

If anything it shows that he's focused more on the story than the actors to fill the roles. I'm really tired of writers writing parts to fit the actors they want in their movies.

You come up with your story
your write your script
you find the actors who properly FIT the story and script you've come up with.
You make re-writes and changes based on the performance of said actors
Costume design there after is usually based on the actors.

I say good on him for not letting external forces change what he has in mind for the story.

There's a lot of Raimi hate going around despite the fact that his first choice for the SM3 villain was Sandman and it was clear in the final cut that a lot of what could have been great character development was cut to add more Venom/Black Suit into the mix which Raimi was very clear in stating was not his choice.

Rourke's performance in the Wrestler was impressive but just because he's the golden goose in hollywood right now, doesn't mean he's right for a role in SM4.

**Although I would like to see his take on Kraven as I think a better twist would be to have Kraven as non-physical and older**

The news about Rourke that came out was that the studio was eyeing him for a role, it didn't say the director was. So I do believe the studio was considering him for a role. It could have been a totally off the cuff the remark by a studio exec(remember Michael Caine going to WB and asking how will TDK be topped and an exec said, I know how, Depp as the Riddler and PSH as the Penguin and Caine said brilliant! :woot:) It could have been something completely innocuous or had more meat to it but definitely still possible either way.

Plus, there have been other interviews posted by MTV where Raimi just doesn't seem to be completely in the loop with this one, or at least not now/yet.

I think it shows more that Raimi has nothing to do with the script this time around, which we've known already.

Agreed.

Rourke's performance in the Wrestler was impressive but just because he's the golden goose in hollywood right now, doesn't mean he's right for a role in SM4.

QFT! :up:

it kinda sound like Sony just wanted to snake him away from IronManII when the rumors of him getting low balled, and negotiations breaking down, started

they probably didn't even fully know what role he'd play, they just didn't want marvel to get the "golden goose"

or maybe the rumor was just started by his agent, to help negotiations

No, it wasn't to "help" negotiations, because we just found out about the rumor when he did sign on for Iron Man II.

Or maybe while Raimi is working on the script or whatever, Sony already know the villains and looking around and scouting?

interesting, well he's already booked for Iron Man 2. Either way i think they'll have great actor to play the villian (whomever that is)

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/03/2...out-mickey-rourke-spider-man-4-casting-rumor/

Sam says he had no idea Mickey Rourke was even being considered for any villain role.

its so simple and you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that they wanted mickey rourke for kraven the hunter especially after his look in the wrestler. It was a complete giveaway so ofcourse raimi might cover that up lol. If they were smart they would get josh brolin for kraven. Remember that you dont need to annouce the lizard as a villian because dylan baker is the lizard hence no need to mention or cast anyone for it.

Gerald butler wouldnt be so bad but that guy is always playing something these days.

:spidey:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"