Sequels Sam Raimi Wants Morbius in Spider-Man 4

Hobgoblin-demon

Civilian
Reaction score
“I like it in the Marvel comics when Spider-Man fights Morbius,” said Raimi. “He’s really cool. A vampire! I like that combination of superhero plus supernatural.”--Sam Raimi, Empire Magazine

So what do you guys think, would Morbius make a good villian for SM4?

No, no he wouldn't.

Why doesn't Raimi just use Lizard? Doc Conners has been in all three films, just frickin get round to changing him already!!!

No.
Lizard, Rhino, Shocker, Mysterio, Electro, Vulture, Scorpion...
Use any of those.

I dont want Morbius, but he could work if they go down the Animated series' route of student turned "Science Vampire"....

"Hiiiiiigh needt plaaaaaaasmaaa!!"
Hahaha!

And did he say he wants Morbius?
I thought he said he only likes him.

I dont want Morbius, but he could work if they go down the Animated series' route of student turned "Science Vampire"....

Er he is a Science Vampire. Thats how he became a vampire in the comics minus the plamsa stuff.

He doesn't like Venom but Morbious is his choice for the next movie?

****ed up.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/60/l_88f825b274e349dd9490c9ec15dde7fe.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/36/l_e48d92d0de924806a34b74ec3dd9fd2c.jpg

Here's 2 sketches I did for a movie morbius a while back. I never liked how he could fly without wings but I enjoyed the chase scenes, so I compensated by giving him retractable wings under his arms. I put him in a rain poncho and jeans so that he can hide the wings up to his elbow, and without a good look at the face, he would look just like a normal person.

My approach was like 'the fly' in that he's a human-bat hybrid, but in the style of a traditional vampire.

Last edited:
Perhaps Raimi is simply thinking about Morbius as a way to get emotionally or enthusiastically involved with the Spider-man franchise again. He did seem pretty tired and burned out during the press tour for Spider-man 3.

Morbius fits his horror fetish perfectly, and i'm sure he thinks he could have fun with that. Not saying it's a good idea though.

You know, quite a few posters have made similar statements; but the fact of the matter, Lizard fits Raimi's horror fetish perfectly as well... but no, Morbius does not fit the type of mold, Sam has established with the franchise.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind seeing Morbius in a future Spider-Man movie, but I don't want to see him in Spider-Man 4. I want the Lizard!! He's been teased for three entire movies. It's time for him to finally show up.

You know, quite a few posters have made similar statements; but the fact of the matter, Lizard fits Raimi's horror fetish perfectly as well... but no, Morbius does not fit the type of mold, Sam has established with the franchise.

Yeah, I suppose The Lizard does have a Frankenstein/Wolfman vibe about him which could no doubt appeal to Raimi's sensibilities.

Plus... it's about time Dylan Baker got some to work with in these movies.

Morbius?

Clearly Spider-man 4 should also have John Jameson turning into Man-Wolf.

Thus we can have some awesome Morbius vs Man-Wolf fight.

Totally original stuff, we also need a love interest caught in this.....is Kate Beckinsale available?

no...no...no...no...NOOOOO!! Sam Raimi...please don't pull a Fox and ruin a great franchise...

He already did with Spider-Man 3, so of course Raimi will worsen the franchise. It's been done many times.

“I like it in the Marvel comics when Spider-Man fights Morbius,” said Raimi. “He’s really cool. A vampire! I like that combination of superhero plus supernatural.”--Sam Raimi, Empire Magazine

So what do you guys think, would Morbius make a good villian for SM4?

This doesn't mean he wants him in SM4! So stop assuming and wait for a confirmation.

Sam Raimi: I think Black Cat is cool.
Fans: RAIMI WANTS HER IN SM4!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Oh man.. :whatever:

I do have a bit of faith that they will make the fourth better. I mean, after the whole SM-3 debacle they have to learn from their mistakes. If they don't? Well then it's goodbye to Mr Raimi's career I'm afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"