Supergirl Sam Witwer is Agent Liberty

LL2K2

Maid of Might
Reaction score
Figured this warranted a thread of its own...

Witwer, best known for his roles as Davis Bloome/Doomsday (aka Bloomesday) during the eighth season of Smallville and for playing brooding vampire Aidan on the US version of Being Human, has joined the cast of Supergirl as Agent Liberty.

He's described as follows:

"Agent Liberty is the ruthless and terrifying founder and figurehead of Children of Liberty, a hate group that supports a human-first world order. According to a description from the show’s producers, he’s “a brilliant orator in the guise of a family man” and the scariest thing about him is how easily he can convince people that he’s right. Given that Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the DEO tend to be pro-alien integration, it’s definitely fair to assume they won’t get along with Agent Liberty and his Children of Liberty."

https://ew.com/tv/2018/07/17/smallville-sam-witwer-supergirl-season-4-agent-liberty/

Love Witwer. Can't wait.

Though I have a feeling he is going to cause the show to be political.

I hope Agent Liberty's costume will be similar to Citizen Steel's.

The creator of Agent Liberty, Dan Jurgens, is not happy with the show's version of the character thus slamming it as one-dimensional writing.

It could have potential. I guess his double identity is meant to be a dark mirror to Kara’s two identities, since they seem to be willing to give Kara more screen time next season.

While I am happy that the alien immigration storyline is returning, perhaps prompted by refugees from Argo, I hope that they don’t just repeat the same plot lines from season 2.

Are they getting refugees from Argo?

And I do think it is time to show more aliens. They have a few from time to time, like that one alien that Mon-El was bullying in his first 'job' but little else.

I want to start seeing some aliens sprinkled into the background as just an everyday thing now. Out on the street. In the park. In the CatCo news room. A police officer or fire fighter.

Otherwise anytime someone says something about aliens immigrating to the US, especially in a denigrating way it won't feel like it's a detached plot, but something integral to the overall universe of the show.

It could have potential. I guess his double identity is meant to be a dark mirror to Kara’s two identities, since they seem to be willing to give Kara more screen time next season.

While I am happy that the alien immigration storyline is returning, perhaps prompted by refugees from Argo, I hope that they don’t just repeat the same plot lines from season 2.

I think his outward appearance is supposed to be more of a real world criticism than any mirror to Kara. Like I said, they are going to make this REAL political.

I hope Agent Liberty's costume will be similar to Citizen Steel's.

The creator of Agent Liberty, Dan Jurgens, is not happy with the show's version of the character thus slamming it as one-dimensional writing.

Out of curiosity van, where did you see this?

I think his outward appearance is supposed to be more of a real world criticism than any mirror to Kara. Like I said, they are going to make this REAL political.

That is what I was a afraid of!

Looks like he deleted the tweet.

He probably spoke to the Supergirl producers and writers about Agent Liberty.

Sam Witwer is awesome so I'm glad to see him on the show, I'm not familiar with the character but he seems pretty intriguing and very resonant with the current climate in the US.

So I guess the episode Man of Steel will probably be about Agent Liberty.

I’m just gonna say it right now Sam Witwer’s Ben Lockwood aka Agent Liberty is the best villain this show has ever had. Witwer is stealing the show every week. He’s so compelling and it’s fascinating that so far he’s a villain that Supergirl hasn’t even met (well there secret identities have haha). They’re really building it up.

Witwer often sounds like Kelsey Grammar when he speaks.

This is from the multiplat area the games part of this forum Btw. it'sa video interview pre his being hired for supergirl. I want to put it in the super girl general thread but I got too busy. and forgot here it is below

hqdefault.jpg

Sam Witwer on Days Gone, Star Wars, and More! - Electric Playground Interview

662 views2 days ago Published on 03/14/2018

Sam Witwer joins us to chat about working on various Star Wars projects, the upcoming zombie game Days Gone, and much more!

Here's the Full show below

hqdefault.jpg
[F

Electric Playground Live! - Sam Witwer Interview, Thor Ragnarok Blu-Ray Review - March 13, 2018
243 views2 days ago Published on 03/14/2018

Welcome to Electric Playground Live, where we bring you the latest in everything cool every single day! In today's episode, Victor Lucas chats with the legendary Sam Witwer about his work in the Star Wars franchise and upcoming zombie game Days Gone! We also have: -A new LIVE edition of The Rundown daily news segment -This Day In Everything Cool for March 13 -Thor Ragnarok Blu-ray review and Marvel movie discussion -Buried Treasure segment on the Wii U game Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
source:EPN.tv

Been a while since i last posted here. Here's a interview from yesterday night

hqdefault.jpg

Sam Witwer on Star Wars, Days Gone, and More! - Electric Playground Interview

330 views 6 hours ago Published on 04/10/2019
#PlayForever #StarWars #SamWitwer

We're joined by the one and only Sam Witwer to discuss his career working on massive franchises like Star Wars, Supergirl, and more!

Here's the full show below

hqdefault.jpg

Electric Playground Live! - Special Guest Sam Witwer - April 9, 2019

1K views 9 hours ago Published/ Streamed live 04/10/2019
#PlayForever #DarthMaul #StarWars

Welcome to EP Live, where we bring you the latest in everything cool from the heart of downtown Vancouver at the VFS Cafe!

In a special Tuesday episode, we're joined by the one and only Sam Witwer to discuss Star Wars, Supergirl, Days Gone, and more!

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN

Which Star Wars was he in?

Which Star Wars was he in?

He was Darth Maul in animated star war's the clone war where he re turned from death missing his bottom half and using cybernetic legs and starwar's Rebels and lastly he was in the solo movie where ray park did the physical stuff and Witwer did all the speaking & acting. it's all in the video interview above. and it's getting Alot of views too.

hqdefault.jpg

Sam Witwer on Joining the Cast of Supergirl - Electric Playground

352 views 13 hours ago Published on 04/14/2019
#PlayForever #Supergirl #DC

We're joined by the one and only Sam Witwer to discuss his career working on massive franchises like Star Wars, Supergirl, and more!

source: The Electric Playground Network | EPN

Every thing you need to know is in that video's i put up here. they always speak for them selves.

Last edited:
Sam joins Michael for a heart to heart chat about his career in the Fandom industry. (From Battlestar Galactica, to his time on Smallville and being human to his run in Star Wars)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"