Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 20 "City of Lost Children" MAJOR SPOILERS

LL2K2

Maid of Might
Reaction score
No description yet, but here's an article from TVLine.com outlining what to expect:

http://tvline.com/2017/04/17/supergirl-season-2-james-episode-lonnie-chavis/

MOD EDIT: adding the official description -

“THIS IS US” STAR LONNIE CHAVIS GUEST STARS – When an alien attacks National City, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the DEO learn the alien is a Phorian, an otherwise peaceful race with telekinetic powers. Guardian (Mehcad Brooks) gets a lead on the Phorian’s address but instead of finding the culprit, he finds a very scared boy named Marcus (guest star Lonnie Chavis). Marcus will only trust James so it is up to Guardian to stop the attacks on the city. Rhea’s (Teri Hatcher) plan escalates. Ben Bray directed the episode with story by Robert Rovner and teleplay by Gabriel Llanas & Anna Musky-Goldwyn (#220). Original airdate 5/8/2017.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/supergirl-spoilers-city-of-lost-children-description/

Last edited:
Question here is - Where does Supergirl fit in this?

Question here is - Where does Supergirl fit in this?

Supposedly this is a James centric episode. Sort of like how Exodus was an Alex centric episode and in Star Crossed Winn and Mon-El got a lot of screen time.

Good to know I can skip it, then. ;)

I would never skip a Supergirl episode. In fact I usually end up watching each episode several times afterwards over the course of time.
I still pull up season 1 episodes from time to time.

This may be a James Olsen-centric episode, but it's odd to place this near the season finale and that it should have been in mid-season where he first became Guardian.

This may be a James Olsen-centric episode, but it's odd to place this near the season finale and that it should have been in mid-season where he first became Guardian.

My guess is they never knew what to do with Guardian other than someone thought it was a cool idea and it has take this long to actually find a story for him.

The problem isn't not having a story for Guardian, it is the fact that he has been written NOT as a hero, but as a jealous guy that goes all the way back to Episode 18 with the Flash....since that episode James has not been anything like a hero...therefore his evolution is based on that, not going through something tangible that moves the audience to care about James/Guardian like we do J'onn/MM..... the only thing we have seen of his evolution is that the camera from his dad got run over. Other than that his evolution into a hero has been void of anything heroic.

Yeah it's how James as Guardian comes across that counts and I saw none of the things that made me believe he's a hero.

I won't skip this episode, but I'm not exactly looking forward to it either. I've had enough of seeing Jimmy, and even more so as Guardian.

In looking at the trailer for this episode, it doesn't look James-centric nor should it be when it's very close to the season finale.

How much you want to bet that James as Guardian will save Supergirl by using his suit's lead on Rhea?

In looking at the trailer for this episode, it doesn't look James-centric nor should it be when it's very close to the season finale.

How much you want to bet that James as Guardian will save Supergirl by using his suit's lead on Rhea?

Extended promo:

Interesting that for a supposedly James/Guardian centric episode James is barely in the promo and Guardian is nowhere to be seen.

They have already released the stills for this episode and I'm much more interested now!

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/844595-supergirl-photos-from-episode-2-20-city-of-lost-children

I can't wait to see how this scene with Kara, Rhea, Mon-El & Jonn ends

I'm sorry but I find James/ Guardian so so boring!

In regards to that last picture, I wonder if Rhea is vulnerable to lead.
James as James is okay, but Guardian does nothing for me either. Just takes time away from a scene that could have Supergirl in it instead.
My one complaint about the show is not enough Supergirl doing super things. I don't know if it's the budget or they don't want to wear out
Melissa, but anything Guardian does, Supergirl should be doing instead.

The Jimmy episode has come around so quickly? I supposed I'll have to sit through it as there's probably other vital plot development elsewhere in the episode.

The Jimmy episode has come around so quickly? I supposed I'll have to sit through it as there's probably other vital plot development elsewhere in the episode.

Yes, it looks like Kara and Rhea have a bit of a dust up. So that should be worth watching.

Could the lack of Kara in this one be how she filmed the musical for The Flash?

Could the lack of Kara in this one be how she filmed the musical for The Flash?

No. She already wasn't present very much in the episode just before the musical where it focused on Jimmy, Winn and Lyra. That was the one where she filmed the musical.

Inside Look:

Looks like James has learned what Kara was saying ever since she found out he was Guardian. He was a hero long before he put on that suit as Guardian, he was a hero already as JAMES.....hopefully this is the beginnings of James being James again not a wannabe hero in a cool suit with no substance.

Looks like James has learned what Kara was saying ever since she found out he was Guardian. He was a hero long before he put on that suit as Guardian, he was a hero already as JAMES.....hopefully this is the beginnings of James being James again not a wannabe hero in a cool suit with no substance.

I would see that as a positive.

In the grand scheme of things, I think it could make sense for James to be able to help out with the "heroic superhero adventure" side of the show, but the way Guardian came about made it seem like James was acting out of jealousy, rather than heroism.

That could be ok in the long run, if the writers can come to grips with that, or have James confront it in some way.

I REALLY hope that's what they're doing. But the writers have been so tone deaf regarding this storyline all season that I just don't trust 'em at this point, lol.

I REALLY hope that's what they're doing. But the writers have been so tone deaf regarding this storyline all season that I just don't trust 'em at this point, lol.

I don't trust them at all, if anything they are going to double down on the character and he ends up working for the DEO...uggh...

I just realized with Cat coming back in the following episode, I really want a scene of her chewing him out for essentially squandering the amazing opportunity she gave him when she handed him the reins to her empire. It's time for Jimmy's wake-up call, and with these two episodes coming back-to-back, I can't help but maintain a glimmer of hope we might get it.

I just realized with Cat coming back in the following episode, I really want a scene of her chewing him out for essentially squandering the amazing opportunity she gave him when she handed him the reins to her empire. It's time for Jimmy's wake-up call, and with these two episodes coming back-to-back, I can't help but maintain a glimmer of hope we might get it.

Someone needs to lay the hammer on him for sure. Take that damn shield away from him and knock him upside the head.

As we have said already about the writers....we will probably get Cat telling him how awesome he is, and how well he has run the company and she knew that he would do a great job because he is just an all around awesome person. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"