Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 2 - "Last Children Of Krypton" MAJOR SPOILERS

Absolutely. But that's not what was happening. A government agency had control of Kryptonite. That was Superman's problem. I believe he even had a line that said a long the lines of "I trust you, but.." and something about getting a higher order or losing control of the DEO, or someone stealing it.

Then his fears were IMMEDIATELY realized.

If it was like "Here's a small chunk of Kryptonite for emergencies, John. Keep it safe, but don't give it to the DEO" I think it would make more sense.

I agree with that, but Superman's reaction to the idea of kryptonite on Earth was out of character. This version doesn't seem to contemplate the dangers of he and/or Supergirl being out of control. He even made the childish assertion that he and Martian Manhunter couldn't be friends if he continued to possess the kryptonite.

We saw what Kara did in S1 when the Red K influenced her. We saw Kryptonian tech take control of an entire city of people. Superman should have the wisdom to see that MM and the DEO have a point about being able to protect themselves from beings with godlike powers, even if he doesn't agree with the current method of preparation. I would have had a much easier time with this storyline had Supes said that he already made his own contingency plan.

When J'onn gave Superman the Kryptonite at the end of the episode, he said, "I trust you'll do the right thing" which was an implication by the writers that Superman wasn't just gonna destroy it. Learning WHAT he did with it - or who he gave it to - will be saved for another story-convenient time, I'm sure, but I think it's safe to say he had a contingency in mind.

I think his original reaction of wanting to destroy the Kryptonite when they first found it was only natural. It was killing him instantly and he'd recently had a young innocent Kryptonian family member land on Earth whose well-being he cared about. And he'd gone THIS long on Earth without needing some deadly substance to keep him in check, so why wouldn't he want to destroy it there on the spot? Still, knowing the threats they've faced since then, I got the strong sense that destroying it was no longer his particular wish or issue, he just didn't want it in the hands of the government, period. And the fact that his former friend/ally was the one keeping it in the hands of the government - instead of trusting HIM to consider the threats they've faced and do something responsible with it - just salted the wound.

Last edited:
When J'onn gave Superman the Kryptonite at the end of the episode, he said, "I trust you'll do the right thing" which was an implication by the writers that Superman wasn't just gonna destroy it. Learning WHAT he did with it - or who he gave it to - will be saved for another story-convenient time, I'm sure, but I think it's safe to say he had a contingency in mind.

I hope you're right because it's very necessary. It would be nice if he eventually gives it to Oliver, Barry, or Jimmy.

I agree with that, but Superman's reaction to the idea of kryptonite on Earth was out of character. This version doesn't seem to contemplate the dangers of he and/or Supergirl being out of control. He even made the childish assertion that he and Martian Manhunter couldn't be friends if he continued to possess the kryptonite.

We saw what Kara did in S1 when the Red K influenced her. We saw Kryptonian tech take control of an entire city of people. Superman should have the wisdom to see that MM and the DEO have a point about being able to protect themselves from beings with godlike powers, even if he doesn't agree with the current method of preparation. I would have had a much easier time with this storyline had Supes said that he already made his own contingency plan.
I fee u7 brotha
the is is they both aren't wrong or right. As sorta said be low in bold with the doctor who : chilren of earth reference the problem here that can't can't be expect to be in charge of the eo forever cause someone will eventual be remove him and as you said alot can go with someone controlling super man or kara or them being off planet and not always being there, which superman wasn't receiving which can easily be solved Hank
/ j'onn should have kept that kriptonite in special safe, which only he knows the locationand let clark know of this . Not in a shelf in deo store house which any lower level deo agent can get to.

Most agency's have issue's of traders with the exception of the secret service. why this didn't come to Hank'd /j'onn's head I don't know? a shelf in a store house wasn't good place for it.

I said this in another thread prior

page: 6
from: Supergirl Season 2 Episode 1 - "The Adventures of Supergirl" MAJOR SPOILERS (
multipage.gif
Last Page)

Oh the exo armor that non was controlling alex in. hehe you'd think alex would want nothing to do with that thing again. if it was me and it was used to hurt one of my siblings i wouldn't.

I don't know where that thing came from. but I thought it was a creation of Non's just to pit the sisters against each other. I don't think he put much though about weather it was durable or tough enough . only that it would hurt kara cause she'd have hard time fighting her earth family or for ever blame her self for hurting her earth family.

as to the master jailer gear. my thought's were more of the reverse engineer (the master jailer gear)) it sorta thing.

The only real reason I mentioned it, was due to when kara's aunt dieing via that sword made of kryptonie .

you mentioned the exo suit and the kryptonite sword which looks like machete when you look at it.

But the thing is, with how both superman and kara like to handle things. think about it? about how both superman & kara like to operate. they don't like to use leathal force from the jump. The kryptonite sword is pretty much too much lethal force.

while the master jailers gear was for capturing & subduing minus that Guillotine at his hideout.

and I don't think super and kara like the excuse of war with certain that aren't really out right and clearly that.

yes I'm aware kara's aunt alura was about to kill j'on . but think about it. Non also said indigo that alura wasn't willing to killing the human race but co-exsist with them even though she was about to waste j'onn did alot of what she did that said other wise .

And I think a reversed engineered capture device's would be more accepted by both superman and kara to allies fighting along side of them as first approach tactic's rather then that sword of which superman is having issue's with j'onn over.

I get view that j'onn mean's cause it's like what happened with doctor who" when the children earth event happened and he wasn't there and captain Jack Harkness his allie lost his grand son who was a child under 10 year's old. super man and kara can't and won't always be there, so they can't always claim this.

and i see superman reason so the best alternative would to have device's that aren't as lethal that krytonite like the jailer gear. reversed engineered used for capturing , subduing & retraining purpose's only. since this the issue with superman and Kara about the kriptonite and it's over lethal use. and it'll avoid alot of problem's of the overly lethal kind and is a good alternative. and to have that gear so only certain people can use it.

Like in Alex's case only she can use that reverse engineered gear. if the actul master jailer gear is so overly sophisticated there's alway's reverse engineering and bio metric DNA tech .

I'm sure if she had her science teal look into it and had Winn on it it's possible .

Last edited:
How was Chyler punching Metallo with her bare hands? Shouldn't she at least have worn gauntlets? Surely her hands would've been damaged, even if her strength was augmented by that exo suit. And how is that suit powered? What are those green glowing bits on it? Does it contain Kryptonite? I can't remember what it was like when first given to her. But if it is Kryptonite, wouldn't that be harmful to Kara?

As far as Alex, I won't go into that, I have given my opinion in other threads. But, to use the word Prat, IMO is very distasteful, and far different than how she actually acted in this episode. She stayed diplomatic until the end almost....I think it is some that have a problem with her that are big fans of Superman (and I understand that)...but do not like him being written in any kind of negative light, (and again, totally understandable) but may see far more negative in the person bringing their truth to a situation than is actually there.

Just my two cents.... ;)

Meh. I'll call a spade a spade. I don't know who these 'some' are that have a problem with Alex that are big fans of Superman are, but I'm not one of them. I have a problem with Alex using taking care of Kara as some sort of bragging point and being petty after acting like being the big sister was such a huge burden last season. Again, you can't have it both ways where you express exhaustion at being the bigger sibling, then boast about it one season later. That'd be my two cents.

But you rarely seem to have any issues, minor or otherwise, with the show, so I'd expect you to disagree. And that's perfectly fine.

Meh. I'll call a spade a spade. I don't know who these 'some' are that have a problem with Alex that are big fans of Superman are, but I'm not one of them. I have a problem with Alex using taking care of Kara as some sort of bragging point and being petty after acting like being the big sister was such a huge burden last season. Again, you can't have it both ways where you express exhaustion at being the bigger sibling, then boast about it one season later. That'd be my two cents.

But you rarely seem to have any issues, minor or otherwise, with the show, so I'd expect you to disagree. And that's perfectly fine.

I understand, I'm doing the same.... :cwink:

How was Chyler punching Metallo with her bare hands? Shouldn't she at least have worn gauntlets? Surely her hands would've been damaged, even if her strength was augmented by that exo suit. And how is that suit powered? What are those green glowing bits on it? Does it contain Kryptonite? I can't remember what it was like when first given to her. But if it is Kryptonite, wouldn't that be harmful to Kara?

I had that same question considering he was now a cyborg....

I think it was Kryptonite-powered. It's similar, if not identical, to the one she wore to fight Kara while under Myriad's control.

Oh, another general thing- I get Clark's concern about the DEO holding kryptonite... and I know it wasn't going to come up in conversation, but I'm wondering if he knows about Maxwell Lord since he has the capabilities to create red kryptonite.

I'm guessing the suit somehow makes the person wearing it gain superpowers. Non's technicians would have wanted to give the
wearer of the suit the ability to sustain punches from a Kryptonian and the ability to punch a Kryprtonian without the wearer of the
suit shattering their hand. If the suit made Alex strong enough to throw a dumpster, it seems logical that she could also throw and take a punch.

When Alex originally wore it, the kryptonite was only harmful to Kara if she got too near to Alex. In the fight with Metallo they didn't get that close to
each other for the most part.

I think it was Kryptonite-powered. It's similar, if not identical, to the one she wore to fight Kara while under Myriad's control.

I think it was the same suit. In the context of the story the DEO probably confiscated it after Alex was released from Myriad. And in real life the
costuming department decided to hang onto it in the move to Vancouver

Well, the servos in the arms could help her throw a car, but to take a punch to the face from a cyborg must mean that there is some other techno-wizard-gimmikry going on - otherwise her skull would have been shattered with the first punch.

I had that same question considering he was now a cyborg....

I'm guessing the suit somehow makes the person wearing it gain superpowers. Non's technicians would have wanted to give the
wearer of the suit the ability to sustain punches from a Kryptonian and the ability to punch a Kryprtonian without the wearer of the
suit shattering their hand. If the suit made Alex strong enough to throw a dumpster, it seems logical that she could also throw and take a punch.

When Alex originally wore it, the kryptonite was only harmful to Kara if she got too near to Alex. In the fight with Metallo they didn't get that close to
each other for the most part.
r

you know you three. I remember this very same thing happening in small Ville where it happened to cloe, during the season 4's final where the prom Queen thanks to Kryptnite giving power allowed her to body snatched clark and made him back hand cloe in the face I might add with all his might his(super powered might) and she went flying across the gym hall / dance floor and yet cloe was fine with in that episode.

think about that episode and this one with Alex who was both bare fisted and her face was decked by a cyborg

and this way before cloe got her short term meta human powers of life force healing power's via kryptonite her self

this is the case of the writers just forgetting about that detail's (<<which is important) and thinking we wouldn't question it.

yet we are. lol. Well atleast it's not like the old where it was just oh it's that DC science again.

And where marvel fallowed more real world science where they did have a logical explanation that made was put into the books where dc just didn't.

Last edited:
I thought the scenes between Kara/Cat, Winn/Alex and everything between Kara and Kal was great, and so was the big finale action sequence with the Super cousins, Krypto Armor Alex and Martian Mahunter vs The Metallo's. This is not what I wanted for Metallo but I thought they executed the route they chose, well.

If that Cat/Supergirl scene was the last we get of Cat for a while it was a fitting one, both actresses were excellent. :waa:

I thought the scenes between Kara/Cat, Winn/Alex and everything between Kara and Kal was great, and so was the big finale action sequence with the Super cousins, Krypto Armor Alex and Martian Mahunter vs The Metallo's. This is not what I wanted for Metallo but I thought they executed the route they chose, well.

If that Cat/Supergirl scene was the last we get of Cat for a while it was a fitting one, both actresses were excellent. :waa:

I have this strange feeling that we are going to get some more of Cat's oldest son that will bring Cat back somehow for a few eps....

I have this strange feeling that we are going to get some more of Cat's oldest son that will bring Cat back somehow for a few eps....
I'd rather get more of Carter, tbh. He was adorable. Last time when he said goodbye to Kara and Cat, he mentioned to Cat all this bonding that he and Kara had done, and I kinda felt cheated not getting to see any of it, lol.

You know, I think we may have gotten a look at what will more than likely be a deleted scene on the S2 DVD. Back in late July/early August, there were a bunch of set photos which showed Tyler Hoechlin (as Clark) and Mehcad Brooks (as James) out for a stroll in National City:

http://yvrshoots.com/2016/07/shoot-...lsen-mehcad-brooks-in-downtown-vancouver.html

Yet, after watching the episode in full tonight, I didn't see it at all. I suspect it takes place after the scene where Clark leaves CatCo.

I thought this episode was pretty good. It will be interesting to see what the DEO do now to take down the Cadmus villains now that they don't have Kryptonite. It will also be interesting to see how Kara gets out of the choke hold that Mon-El has her in.

I thought this episode was pretty good. It will be interesting to see what the DEO do now to take down the Cadmus villains now that they don't have Kryptonite. It will also be interesting to see how Kara gets out of the choke hold that Mon-El has her in.

I think it showed it in the trailer...he throws her through the window. But, yes...I am interesting in seeing how all of that turns out....how he gets loose from the DEO, etc.

I think it showed it in the trailer...he throws her through the window. But, yes...I am interesting in seeing how all of that turns out....how he gets loose from the DEO, etc.

Ah right. I usually hop online and check out the previews and trailers, but didn't this week. I live in Australia, so (sadly) we get the episode the day after it airs in the US. It will be interesting to see how he turns from being a villain to Kara being a mentor.

Great episode. This was even better than the first episode IMO. Metallo wasn't really a strong aspect but I loved everything else. I had a big smile throughout the episode. So much awesomeness.

I want Khao-Shuh. :D:D

They hafta bring back Tyler's Superman, He.Is.Awesome. I want more.

:up: :up:

Everything worked for me like magic. I just love this episode.

Alex saying Clark abandoned Kara. Not cool and not fair.

The Metallos were so stupid to shoot their powers at the chest of the Super Cousins whom had visible armor. like go for their legs or something

I dont understand Alex's suit. How can her punches hit super strong? She is hitting with her barefist. She should bleed, it should hurt and the bones in her hand should break. It would make more sense if she had on gloves, which she doesnt

Wow, had no clue they were writing Cat out. I thought she'd still be around, just not seen as much. Dont like her replacement. I liked her scene with Supergirl. It would have been perfect if she ended it by saying "Goodbye Kara" and the two just give each other a look and she moves on

She'll still come back for guest appearances at least. I like her character, but the move to Vancouver was one she wasn't going to make.

I dont understand Alex's suit. How can her punches hit super strong? She is hitting with her barefist. She should bleed, it should hurt and the bones in her hand should break. It would make more sense if she had on gloves, which she doesnt

I am sure the Kryptonians took all that into consideration when they designed the suit. After all, the suit was intended to fight Supergirl, who is far more powerful than Metallo.
You should ask why Metallo didn't bleed and break his bones when he hit Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"