• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 11 "The Martian Chronicles" MAJOR SPOILERS

LL2K2

Maid of Might
Reaction score
Official Description:

WHITE MARTIANS ATTACK THE DEO — Armek (guest star Terrell Tilford), a White Martian, descends on National City intent on taking M’gann (guest star Sharon Leal) back to Mars to face her punishment as a traitor. Hank (David Harewood) and Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) determine the best way to keep M’gann safe is to bring her to the DEO. However, when it is revealed that Armek shape-shifted into M’gann and is now loose in the building, the team realize he could be disguised as any one of them. David McWhirter directed the episode written by Gabriel Llanas & Anna Musky-Goldwyn (#211). Original airdate 2/6/2017.

Extended Promo:

Last edited by a moderator:
M'Gann has to be the one to take down Armek or it's going to be weak writing. I hope she joins Team Supergirl.

M'Gann has to be the one to take down Armek or it's going to be weak writing. I hope she joins Team Supergirl.

Maybe they should let Supergirl take down the villain once in a while. It is supposed to be her show, after all.

Sigh. And so they decide to confirm that they can't world build to save their lives. Because now Earth has a next door neighbor, which is an entire planet ruled by supertech alien Nazi demigods. And has been so ruled for over a century.

How is Earth not dead?

Sigh. And so they decide to confirm that they can't world build to save their lives. Because now Earth has a next door neighbor, which is an entire planet ruled by supertech alien Nazi demigods. And has been so ruled for over a century.

How is Earth not dead?
On TV if it's not part of the script then it doesn't happen.

Looking at the trailer, looks like Supergirl is taking on Armek.

I don't think James and Mon-El are in this one.

Didn't we see this plotline already?
[YT]2exI0mFO8Gk[/YT]

Notice that the first season's 11th episode was Martian-heavy. This one is also Martian-heavy for the 2nd season.

Notice that the first season's 11th episode was Martian-heavy. This one is also Martian-heavy for the 2nd season.

Ah, yes - "Strange Visitor From Another Planet." First appearance of Tawny Cypress as Senator Miranda Crane - and the White Martians.

That extended promo has me excited. It looks like Supergirl, Martian Manhunter, and Miss Martian are teaming together to battle Armek.

I'm actually really looking forward to this one. It's about time this storyline took center stage for an ep, imo. I enjoy other aspects of the show, especially the Kara/Alex relationship which I still consider the heart of it, but as a DC comics fan in particular, getting to see characters like Supergirl, Martian Manhunter and Miss Martian interact and kick some ass in live-action on a regular basis is pretty much why I'm interested in the first place, so eps like this should be right up my alley. :D

The director of this ep is new to the series, so I've got my fingers crossed he's got a knack for action. The Supergirl/J'onn vs. White Martian fight from last season's episode 11 was one of the better ones the show has done, imo (largely because it was mostly CGI and featured almost no clunky wire/stunt work), so I'd like to see this ep live up to, or better yet, top it.

Last edited:
Time for Supergirl to build her own super-team!!

Miss Martian, Martian Manhunter, Mon-El, Guardian, Alex (if Guardian) is in on this....she deserves to be as well.

Since when did Supergirl become LoT...? :/

After last night's episode that focused on Guardian, he doesn't need to be in this episode. Originally I would have put Guardian in Supergirl's team until she disapproved of him.

Doubly so since a White Martian is *waaaay* out of his league. His super suit isn't nearly up to snuff for that, and he lacks the skills to make up for it.

I hope they go back to basics of Supergirl fighting aliens in this episode.

I hope they go back to basics of Supergirl fighting aliens in this episode.

Well, if they are stuck in the DEO with a White Martian bent on capturing M'Gann.....I think there is a pretty good chance that she will.

Since Armek can shapeshift into anyone, is that why Chyler was in that tube from instagram?

New Sneak Peek...

Love Kara coming in at the end, but damn, Jonn and MGann are so slow, they still haven't fixed how clumsy MM looks when he fights. Is it the stuntman? it just looks bad. :(

To be fair, the choice to use slo-mo in that moment doesn't help, lol.

I bet the martian will shapeshift into Kara at some point in the episode.

Or maybe it will shapeshift into Mon-El, and Kara will have an awkward conversation with it, trying to tell him that she feels the same way, but then it will be of no consequence because it wasn't him in the first place. And then she'll hide her feelings afterwards for a few more episodes once she has realised that she's confessed them and got them off her chest but it wasn't actually him.

One of the things that I liked about Supergirl Lives was the use of practical costumes. They look so much better than CG. But then there's not a more cost effective way to do a WM, which is like ten feet tall! Same with the ultra thin Dominators.

What I did like seeing there was M'Gan choosing a GM form rather than her normal shape. Good for her!

Something from the previous episode though, was the telepathic attack. Before breaking out of the cell, she was spouting that 'war is great' mantra, so I'm guessing that most WMs are mind-controlled. Or at least have been so deeply altered on a mental level that there is a possibility of throwing off some 'overlord' control and perhaps stopping some interplanetary war from starting between Earth and Mars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"