• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Supergirl Supergirl Season 2, Episode 4: "Survivors" MAJOR SPOILERS

This was a pretty good episode, though James' -bsence left the catcher scenes feeling a tad unfocused. The most notable thing about this episode is just how much national city has grown as a character this season. Last season it was nothing more than a set, but this season, through the alien-retcon, the mention of corrupt politicians, Lena Luthor, and Maggie, National City feels like a real and interesting place.

I don't understand the Miss Martian complaints. First off the YJ version was barely rooted in the comics, and I don't understand why people are expecting an exact adaptation of thet arc. They're just using the character, not that specific interpretation. That said, $her material wasn't very well done this episode and J'onns points were poorly executed by the writers.

I really hope that the ho-yay vibes between Mon-El and the Prince were intentional.

Last edited:
I have to say, I'm kinda missing the Kara/Alex time. Four episodes in, and not a single couch scene this season. That is unacceptable! I know you're introducing a lot of characters/plotlines this season writers, but come on. Their relationship is the heart of the show to me.
Yeah, I think this is intentional. They made a pretty clear point to show that Kara was feeling left out when Maggie and Alex were working together. So I think they're building to a stress point. Kara will be jealous, and they'll sort it out.

but the most WTF moment-- Megan is a WHITE Martian?? whaaaaaat?? i really wanted her to be like real Ms Martian. but i gotta wonder.... she told John a story about a kind white Martian who broke ranks and supposedly saved her-- could THIS white martian actually be her? might also explain why she doesnt want to do the mind bonding because then secret's out.
Megan is a white martian in the comics and also Young Justice, which is probably the most mainstream telling of her story. She hides as a green martian because white martians are usually considered killers and villains. I feel like they're building a full season of parallels between Megan and Mon-L, and race relations.

Fun episode. I am really enjoying the chemistry between Kara and Mon-el, and Alex and Maggie. I kind of wish Jimmy would take over mentor role for Kara's entry into reporting, rather than Snapper.

Fun episode. I am really enjoying the chemistry between Kara and Mon-el, and Alex and Maggie. I kind of wish Jimmy would take over mentor role for Kara's entry into reporting, rather than Snapper.
well just being the guy the took picture's is different from the investigative reporters that do all the work id investigating and writing the articles . yeah when moved to cat co he had higher position as the guy doing the editing for the pic's and video's but un like carr he's not know as a reporter or investigative at all sadly. and yeah he'd running cat co now. but it was stated to be interim formerly. I don't know, other people that are actual reporters or have become editors to them that started out as reporters would say James is qualified to mentor her there.

He's boss of network for now. but I know there would argument over that part of him mentoring kara investigative reporting. The most James can say is he ran around with clark and lois on their investigations and may picked up stuff. That's what he has and knows. he not know for that profession he was just the photographer . if he was bothy it would have been cool. But sadly that's not the case.

Last edited:
I have to say, I'm kinda missing the Kara/Alex time. Four episodes in, and not a single couch scene this season. That is unacceptable! I know you're introducing a lot of characters/plotlines this season writers, but come on. Their relationship is the heart of the show to me.

Hoping they get back to it soon, if only to talk about Alex's new police 'friend.':cwink:

Snapper is coming into focus. He's brash and insulting - but if he sees her trying he's going to teach her. In that way, he's kind of like a male-version of Cat. He's fair if not gentle.

Again, this was an oustanding episode. I'd say equal to the two-part premier and that's only because Superman was in the latter. If they keep the writing and pacing like this, deepening the wider feel of NatCity and really letting things build, then this will be a great season - even without the crossovers!

They do need to start developing Snapper more soon though. Like Cat was widely considered to be one of the weakest parts of the pilot because she was a bit too stereotypical "Devil Wears Prada-boss." But she ended up becoming one of my favorite characters because they made her more fleshed-out and nuanced going forward in season 1. I'd like to see Snapper get his share of development as well.

They do need to start developing Snapper more soon though. Like Cat was widely considered to be one of the weakest parts of the pilot because she was a bit too stereotypical "Devil Wears Prada-boss." But she ended up becoming one of my favorite characters because they made her more fleshed-out and nuanced going forward in season 1. I'd like to see Snapper get his share of development as well.

I think he will.....we have 18 more episodes... :cwink:

Winn and Mon-El bromance! Melissa is adorable in the Supergirl suit too :atp:

I loved this episode. First 10/10 I've felt watching any of the DC shows so far this season.

I'm really liking the fact Roulette got away... she's easily one of the best villains this series has had so far.

The Jonn and M'gann scenes were powerful. Definitely some of the moments I enjoyed the most along with Mon El and Winn.

And I really love how much Kara is growing into her own as both Supergirl and out of costume. Still miss Cat Grant but Snapper Carr has sufficed for the time being.

I think Supergirl has been great this season. Looking forward to next week's episode!

I loved this episode. First 10/10 I've felt watching any of the DC shows so far this season.

I'm really liking the fact Roulette got away... she's easily one of the best villains this series has had so far.

The Jonn and M'gann scenes were powerful. Definitely some of the moments I enjoyed the most along with Mon El and Winn.

And I really love how much Kara is growing into her own as both Supergirl and out of costume. Still miss Cat Grant but Snapper Carr has sufficed for the time being.

I think Supergirl has been great this season. Looking forward to next week's episode!

Well, I'm glad that this series brought you out and posting....you've been here for a few years. :)

I'm wondering if we might yet get Lar Gand as Mon-El's real name when it's revealed that he's actually the terrible frat boy prince and not the prince's guard? Then Mon-El can still be a nickname/"hero name" like in the comics.

I'm wondering if we might yet get Lar Gand as Mon-El's real name when it's revealed that he's actually the terrible frat boy prince and not the prince's guard? Then Mon-El can still be a nickname/"hero name" like in the comics.

I definitely think that is how it will go....

AND.....this is by far my fav @lordmesa creation this season....

34dofgj.jpg

LOL, cute!

And yeah, I hope that's how it turns out. Not only does it eliminate that pesky "El" confusion, but I've always liked "Lar" better as something to call him for short than "Mon," lol.

Megan is a white martian in the comics and also Young Justice, which is probably the most mainstream telling of her story. She hides as a green martian because white martians are usually considered killers and villains. I feel like they're building a full season of parallels between Megan and Mon-L, and race relations.

whoops, i didnt know that :O. i only knew of Ms Martian's existence with whatever im able to read of Martian Manhunter-- and usually that him teaming up with main members of the Justice League. thanks for clarifying this for me though bud, muchos appreciates :up::up:

Maggie and Alex double team against Brevakk was cool. I'm loving the Badass Malex. :D:D

Mon-El is really surprising me, the guy playing Mon-El has very good chemistry with Kara and Winn. :up:

I didn't really love Roulette, thought she was just okay.

I'll give this one 6/10.

I thought it was a decent episode, some good interactions between the characters and some great fight scenes (particularly the M'gann vs J'onn fight) but one thing that didn't make sense to me was Draaga, who was shown to have 'doomsday level' power in this episode and so how the hell was Roulette able to keep him in a damn cage? If he could manhandle Kara and then 2 martians at the same time he would be out there wrecking cities and giving superman the fight of his life and not be in some underground cage fight in the middle of nowhere.

Not all the fighters were forced to fight. I imagine Draaga was a willing fighter.

You know, after this episode, I can see where the Kara/Lena shippers get their material from. Not that I thin that it's intentional, it probably isn't. But there were several occasion where I wondered "wait, is Lena undressing her with her eyes, or does she just look at everyone that way?"

I didn't think the alien fight club was all that well done, but the scenes between J'onn and M'gann were strong and Mon-El's dymanic with Winn is fun, plus I like how Kara softened towards him and is now going to teach him to blend in on Earth.

While I didn't feel the fight club aspect was very well done, Dichen Lachman was great as Roulette, she had a real mystique about her and I imagine we'll see her recur over the season.

Are people still trying to say there's nothing going on with Alex and Maggie? :loco:

The relationship developing with Kara and Lena is intriguing, you can never trust a Luthor and I was expecting her to be revelaed to be the one that got Roulette out.

I liked the character stuff more than the whole "fight club" plot which was done on Smallville as well. Actually, the Lena/ Kara scene was very Clark and Lex, Smallville -ish but I don't mind if they use that as a template going forward for Lena and Kara. All in all a decent episode.

I also like the new additions of Mon el, Sawyer, Lena and Carr to the series .

I also like the new additions of Mon el, Sawyer, Lena and Carr to the series .
Yeah, I actually like ALL of our new major characters this season, which is rare for me, lol. Even Snapper, who, yes is a jerk, but has also been 100% on-point with every lesson he's been teaching Kara so far. He's molding her into a real journalist, and that's nice to see. He also seems to be ever-so-subtly softening up toward her, so I'm really seeing him as her sorta Lou Grant at this point.

Well, we know Maggie has dated a female alien before, I wonder when (if) she'll drop any hints about a certain masked woman from Gotham..?:sly:

Yeah, I actually like ALL of our new major characters this season, which is rare for me, lol. Even Snapper, who, yes is a jerk, but has also been 100% on-point with every lesson he's been teaching Kara so far. He's molding her into a real journalist, and that's nice to see. He also seems to be ever-so-subtly softening up toward her, so I'm really seeing him as her sorta Lou Grant at this point.

Totally agree.....he is different from Cat, Cat would slam Kara for the dumbest things, and STILL can be down right rude to her. But Snapper hasn't gone for the "personal" it is simply all "business" with him. I like him.....I'm weird, I work well with people like that, I like it when I know everything is on the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"