Iron Man 2 Scarlett Johansson is the Black Widow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chewy

REDACTED
Reaction score
I've already posted my scoop that Mickey Rourke will play the Russian villain in Iron Man 2 in a deal that started out lowball and went up a lot. Now I'm told that Emily Blunt won't be in the sequel and Black Widow will now be played by Scarlett Johannson. Interesting because Scarlett actually screen-tested for the role and didn't get it. But I hear that, unlike Mickey's quote, the deal for her is "just the opposite, a terrible deal made by CAA," one of my insiders says. "It's as bad as any deal that I've heard. It's lowball money. And it ties her to countless movies, including that ensemble The Avengers, which is what makes this brutal for a lot of actors." As for Blunt, I'm told she fell out not by choice but only because Fox exercised an option that the studio had from The Devil Wears Prada to make her do the upcoming film starring Jack Black, Gullivers Travels.

SOURCE

Emily Blunt would have been better.
800th post!

NO! Blunt was perfect! PERFECT, I say! Johannson is just a nice rack.

s**t. and I really wanted to see this one..

I actually am for this. I want to see what she can do with this role. She's always had this "indie hipster" mindset about her, and how she's an old soul, I want to see her put all that energy into this character.

^ you definitely get the good stuff

While I would have preferred Blunt, Johannson might surprise. I've never been too impressed with her acting chops, but the times I've really enjoyed her was when she was playing similar roles. So I guess we'll see.

Oh yea, a real nice rack

ryan reynolds is a lucky man. :cwink:

scarlett-johansson-009.jpg

This and the Rourke news really have peaked my interest in IM2, she is a fine young actress IMO and this is a fresh type of role for her. :up:

at first I didn't think she was right for this role but after much thought, I have faith in Favreau. I don't think he would cast somebody unless he really thought they would be good and with him behind the wheel I know this movie is going to be just as awesome as the last one, if not more.

thank <whatever> you guys don't run hollywood

Eh.

I just hope I don't hear Favreau say that he always envisioned Scarlett as BW from the beginning. :o:woot:

Johannson isn't the right choice imo. Hopefully she'll prove me wrong!

I want to be wrong.

Great... so it is confirmed... and yeah the accent will be about as bad as you can get... no way she will even come close to perfecting it with three months to go... commercial hire for sure. And interesting about this report... a "terrible deal that includes mutliple pictures"??? We heard about the nine pictures but I am curious as to why else this was a terrible deal? I mean she only has to be in one Avengers movie really... maybe two tops. I wonder what else Marvel has in store for the character down the line.

at first I didn't think she was right for this role but after much thought, I have faith in Favreau. I don't think he would cast somebody unless he really thought they would be good and with him behind the wheel I know this movie is going to be just as awesome as the last one, if not more.

I agree with this. If Favreau sees something in her that we don't, then I'm willing to keep an open mind.

Though Blunt would've been a lot better. But leave it to Fox to screw up a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"