• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Scary: Furry Con hit with poison gas attak

On one hand? These are human beings and they certainly don't deserve to be attacked for being different or liking something.

On the other hand, we all know full and well why furries are looked down up and why it's not as bad as looking down on a member of a REAL minority.

Some people are simply disturbed by the bestiality connotations that they're shtick brings up. Yes, it's definitely a little disturbing of a fetish.

Still no reason to bomb them and make them potentially sick or worse KILL them.

I'm not into it, I don't get it, and I don't consider them a minority, but people who are into a fetish. But I have a couple fetishes too. And they're harmless, just like these people's are, so it doesn't make them bad people. Who ****ing cares what consenting adults do in their free time, as long as it doesn't harm anyone? Your "on the other hand..." line sounds an awful lot like you're saying it's understandable (despite your tacked on last line). People 30 years ago would have been saying "on the other hand..." about homosexuals getting gassed. A lot of these "furries" are kids with parents and brothers and sisters who love them. Have a little more sympathy and a little less holier-than-thou condemnation.

You know...I don't get the news. Really. I don't get the concept. Maybe someone can explain it to me. But how does hearing something like this or hearing about a father who kills his entire family help anyone? What does it change? Is their a purpose to us even knowing it happened? Things happen all the time, why do we need to know about a few select bad things? It seems pointless....

Is dressing up as Chewie considered a furry?

It was relatively amusing, furry + poison gas = fun, depending on the point of view of course.
It could have been posted in the weird news thread.

You know...I don't get the news. Really. I don't get the concept. Maybe someone can explain it to me. But how does hearing something like this or hearing about a father who kills his entire family help anyone? What does it change? Is their a purpose to us even knowing it happened? Things happen all the time, why do we need to know about a few select bad things? It seems pointless....

Well, for one thing.....by reading about things you learn the difference between the uses of the words THEIR and THERE.

Those who don't learn from history are forced to repeat it.

Knowing about things that have happened before prepares you to avoid it in the future.

You think that learning about events around the world is pointless....but complaining about them on the internet is a priority?

That is a lot of furries!! :wow:

e6veis.jpg

So basically you're saying ... why report the news?

Are you serious? :huh:

A gathering of people had poison gas put into the air vents. How is that not news?

Guys, 9/11 was suuuuuch a bummer! Ugh, did we like, really, need to have that reported to us? :o [/Destructus]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"