• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man Script Re-Write

haha

yeah. I just fixed it.

I have a bet going whether Potter 6 will beat Transformers 2

haha

yeah. I just fixed it.

I have a bet going whether Potter 6 will beat Transformers 2
Financially or critically? 'Cause "critically"... I see no surprise which of the two is gonna win [*cough* Potter *cough*].

financially.

I didnt think Transformers would open so well, but pre-sales are giving potter a stronger forecast then transformers... we'll see

Hmm, Interesting. I think it's for the best if this is the 3rd writer they are going for. :up:

Interesting news. Gary Ross it's a good writer and a great director. Seabiscuit and Pleasantville are two of my prefer movie. I think it's a writer with a great, classic style. Good.

financially.

I didnt think Transformers would open so well, but pre-sales are giving potter a stronger forecast then transformers... we'll see
Oh, it'll beat 'Transformers'. Trust me. However, I reckon that it will be a pretty close call. However, I'm expecting these final 'Potter' movies to be big. 'Transformers' will have a strong decline in numbers come time of 'Potter's release.

Anyhow, back on topic here. This news isn't all that interesting, to me. It appears that 'Sony' wants to make this more suitable for Tobey than any of their supporting cast members, even Sam Raimi. I'm a little cautious about this film. However, I'll give it a chance. It'd be nice for them to finish off the franchise with a fifth or sixth film, to give it some closer. But, if this is the last, I'm hoping that they'll make it the best.

Last edited:
What exactly does a rewrite entail? Is it going through with a fine tooth comb and just picking parts out...or is it taking the concept and completely revamping it?

Hmmm.... second rewrite of the original and Sam is back in the director's chair.

:dry:

Yeah....

i think this is looking good actually. Sam isn't going with the first story he sees. He wants to see the best possible version. I don't mind the re-writes. I think it will actually turn out to benefit the movie.

So? Total rewrite or what? What is going on?

I know its going to happen, someone bashing this news, claiming ot mean Spidey 4 sucks, but if ANYONE....ANYONE thinks that films are made by just one script, or one draft, go kill yourself, cause your completely ******ed.

It is just being reported, cause its a big name that is being brought in, but every film goes through rewrites. So please, fanboys, don't make complete fools of yourselves, by making claims, when you have no idea how the film process works.

i think this is looking good actually. Sam isn't going with the first story he sees. He wants to see the best possible version. I don't mind the re-writes. I think it will actually turn out to benefit the movie.
My thoughts exactly. :up:

I know its going to happen, someone bashing this news, claiming ot mean Spidey 4 sucks, but if ANYONE....ANYONE thinks that films are made by just one script, or one draft, go kill yourself, cause your completely ******ed.

It is just being reported, cause its a big name that is being brought in, but every film goes through rewrites. So please, fanboys, don't make complete fools of yourselves, by making claims, when you have no idea how the film process works.

You may want to tell that to the people commenting on the article on the front page. There's people there making idiotic claims that the movie will suck just because of a rewrite.

I want Pleasantville Ross, not Seabiscuit Ross. That movie was hi-lar-ious, but actually had some depth and pathos to counteract it.

You may want to tell that to the people commenting on the article on the front page. There's people there making idiotic claims that the movie will suck just because of a rewrite.
The people who post on the actual news on the superherohype front page scare me.They have endless stupid remarks.

This guy also wrote Big. I've never seen that film but I know lots of people enjoy it.

It's too early for me to be freaking out about rewrites. I'm just excited we're getting another Spider-Man film!

Anyone worried by this should remember Spider-man 2 went through multiple writers as well.

i really hope we get something new and fresh, with a story you can't help but to like.

Hopefully there'll be a finished script before they start filming. Don't want any Gwen Stacy repeats like in SM3. SNAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"