Jessica Jones Season 1, Episode 11 "AKA I've Got the Blues" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Pwoper Nereguar

Civilian
Reaction score
1zvzybd.jpg

A Reminder That This Thread Is Only To Discuss Episode 11: AKA I've Got the Blues

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Jessica searches morgues for clues. Trish goes all out to keep Simpson from getting in Jessica's way. Malcom has an epiphany.

Last edited:
Some The Shining fans behind this episode. :funny:

God damn I hate that twin woman. Worst part of the show.

Last edited:
That woman was an utter waste of screen time.

Some The Shining fans behind this episode. :funny:

Yeah, she generates plot, but it's hard to appreciate her part in the show. I hoped she would tone it down after what happened between her and Killgrave (in fairness to her, she didn't know the extent of his power before). But she's annoying, not sympathetic, and not believable in her behavior.

My review:

This one is about the friendship between Jessica Jones and Patsy/Trish Walker. It also helps demonstrate that the overarching theme of this show may be s**tbag parents. The flashbacks were well-done. It didn't quite rise to the point of friendship, but it helped demonstrate why they might band together despite the unusual and awful premise of why. I'm sure some people will think that Nuke was a distraction. I can understand why, but I'm OK with it. For starters, 13 episodes is a lot to be so singularly focused on a guy who can control minds. Second, it's something drawn from the comics (done pretty faithfully, too). Finally, it allows for Hellcat! Patsy Walker fighting was enjoyable. I'm glad she didn't die.

Is it sad with the ending when I saw Luke Cage I worried, but when his bar blew up I just went "oh, that's OK." I felt more sad about his bar than I felt scared he might die.

Four Stars. While I'm not blaming them for having a Nuke-centered episode, I do think it isn't quite as strong. Still, Four Stars is pretty good.

I don't like the neighbor either (nor do I think you're supposed to) but "for tablecloth girl!" got a big laugh out of me.

EPISODE 11: AKA I'VE GOT THE BLUES
After the steadily escalating tension of the past 5 episodes or so leading to the climactic fireworks of episodes 9 and 10, this felt like more of a cool-down episode. The focus here was on the relationship between Jessica and Trish, with more glimpses of Jessica's backstory and the emergence of her powers. I was wondering how the show would compensate for Jessica's comics origins being so heavily tied into the wider Marvel universe and characters like Spider-Man, and I really like the alternate story of tying her childhood into Trish Walker's to enrichen their friendship. The episode wasn't totally without action, though, with the B-plot conflict with Simpson coming to a resolution of sorts here. Simpson hasn't been the most thrilling of antagonists: Kilgrave is loathsome and despicable, but also darkly compelling to watch while Simpson has largely been annoying, but his face-off with Jessica was well handled here. Now that this thread is wrapped, I'm ready for what I imagine will be the conclusion of the Jessica/Kilgrave season arc in the next couple of episodes.

I really liked the Nuke character. It was good enough for me to watch the first half of the next episode before I HAD to go to bed.

I certainly enjoyed this episode more than the last one.

I thought Robyn would've mellowed out a bit more though.

Just need to decide how many points out of 10 I'm going to dock the whole show just because of her. Worst character I've seen in any TV show ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"