Season 1, Episode 12 "Rix Road" (Spoiler Thread)

I am loving these real world instruments with bits and bobs glued onto it. Classic Star Wars prop making. Definitely a lost art in the PT and ST.
Isn't that how the made the majority of the blasters in the ST?

My only complaint is that we didn't see other Rebel cells. I hope Disney keep Gilroy around for more Rebel based stories. Also who believes Cinta killed those hostages off screen?

Probably, but I'm not a gun guy. So those don't have the kind of prop-ness a lot of what was in this show was.
That's the stuff from the OT that was most well known for being crafted as such. The blasters and lightsabers. :hehe:

Like I said,the blasters go over my head. But gussy up a camera, that I can notice.

I watched this all the way through. I am glad I finally found a cure for my insomnia. This show didn't capture me at all. I will say though, the acting, score, and visuals were top notch. I just couldn' get into any of these characters at all, and really didn't care what happened to any of them to be honest. It seems to have made a lot of SW fans happy though, so I'll admit I'm in the minority on this one.

I’m going to echo what everyone else has said in this thread and applaud this finale. Well done.

I’m just going to say this, as someone who was introduced to Star Wars around six years old and who’s favorite film is The Empire Strikes Back, who has pretty much watched and seen all of the mainline Star Wars for almost the past 30 years. This is the best Star Wars TV or Film we’ve ever gotten.

Not just Disney era. Period. I don’t say that lightly.

The exquisite writing and dialogue. The pacing. The consistently wonderful performances from everybody in the show, from Stellan Skarsgård as Luthen Rael, to Genevieve O’Riley as Mon Mothma, to Andy Serkis as Kino Loy. In my opinion, there wasn’t a single false or bum note in this entire show. I was always captivated. And, most of the time, it’s just people talking to each other. Just characters talking and conversing with each other had me always engaged and captivated. That’s how good the writing in the show is.

As a young boy, the original Star Wars trilogy captivated me by its newness, strangeness and wonder with all of its crazy concepts and made me believe that this world could exist. And, with each subsequent film of that trilogy, it added something new and built upon itself. However, as much as I’ve liked and even loved a lot of Star Wars since then, it’s usually just taken from itself and built upon what was already there. At best, it re-examined itself. At worst, it rehashed old things. Not that I don’t mind that sometimes, but there’s been just a little something missing that I’ve been craving from Star Wars since those three films.

This series is the first time since that trilogy that added something to this universe and felt new to me. I mean, truly new. It didn’t feel like it was just treading old ground. It didn’t walk the same well-trodden paths that have been walked before. It made its own way and carved out its own little corner in this wide and crazy universe. And, most of all, it not only made me believe it could exist, like what I saw as a boy. For the first time, it made it feel real, truly real. I believed it before. Now, I believe it.

And, maybe it’s just this show’s serendipitous timing with the current sociopolitical climate, the recent midterms and my current physical state and state of mind, but the show really has galvanized me and given me hope for the future generation. I guess, in a way, I am like Maarva, a spark of rebellion lit up in the heart of her hampered body by Cassian, a symbol of the new generation, to stand up and fight against oppressive and destructive tyranny, doing whatever she can, even if it’s something just as simple as walking down Rix Road, once a constant reminder of fear and who she lost, now acting in defiance for what is possible and what is right.

I don’t know if any of them will ever read this, but to all of the cast and crew that worked on this, from the bottom of my Star Wars loving heart, thank you for creating something truly special and wonderful. For the first time since I was a little boy, you made me fall in love with Star Wars all over again. And I will always be grateful for that.

Can’t wait and looking forward to seeing what you do for season two.

There will be times when the struggle seems impossible. I know this already.

Alone, unsure, dwarfed by the scale of the enemy.

Remember this: Freedom is a pure idea. It occurs spontaneously and without instruction.

Random acts of insurrection are occurring constantly throughout the galaxy.

There are whole armies, battalions that have no idea that they've already enlisted in the cause. Remember that the frontier of the rebellion is everywhere. And even the smallest act of insurrection pushes our lines forward.

And then remember this: The Imperial need for control is so desperate because it is so unnatural. Tyranny requires constant effort. It breaks, it leaks.

Authority is brittle.

Oppression is the mask of fear.

Remember that. And know this, the day will come when all these skirmishes and battles, these moments of defiance will have flooded the banks of the Empire's authority, and then there will be one too many. One single thing will break the siege.

Remember this. Try. -
Nemik

Do you mind if I put a link to this in my as my signature? I really love this quote.

Also, I want a full version of Nemik’s manifesto in published and audiobook format, like, yesterday. I would devour that s**t within a week.

I watched this all the way through. I am glad I finally found a cure for my insomnia. This show didn't capture me at all. I will say though, the acting, score, and visuals were top notch. I just couldn' get into any of these characters at all, and really didn't care what happened to any of them to be honest. It seems to have made a lot of SW fans happy though, so I'll admit I'm in the minority on this one.
Same for me. I'd say that regardless of what this series did well, it didn't entertain me. Even the protagonists, in their angry determination to fight back against oppression, are devoid of the positive motivations and qualities that give characters such as Luke and Obi-Wan such power to capture imagination. I don't want to be any of the Andor characters.

I felt the same way about Rebels...Even the Bad Batch to a lesser extent.

I liked the finale but I think I need to give it a rewatch because it seems more suited for a binge. I'm also looking forward to season two where hopefully we get to see this guy again:

star-wars-k2so.gif

I figured that whatever they were building would have something to do with the Death Star, but the reveal was still effectively chilling. I still feel episode 10 was the best of the season, but this was a good finale to a mostly great season of Star Wars TV. A notable step above most of what we've gotten so far. Looking forward to S2. :up:

Much like Rogue One, I found this series to be vastly overrated and quite dull. The biggest issue for me, same for the film, is that I don't like any of the characters. I don't have much reason to care for or connect to them. Sure we got little bits of pieces here and there, but it was no where near enough. Other films and shows have made their characters much more endearing, but I can't help but not be interested in any of these people. A few good episodes in the run for sure, but overall this was a big meh. Andor as a character just lacks any kind of charisma for me. The droid was the best character I think, and that concerns me. Glad other people enjoyed this, but it just wasn't for me. I think next season will be better as the story will be more interesting, but I don't know if I'll even bother.

Much like Rogue One, I found this series to be vastly overrated and quite dull. The biggest issue for me, same for the film, is that I don't like any of the characters. I don't have much reason to care for or connect to them. Sure we got little bits of pieces here and there, but it was no where near enough. Other films and shows have made their characters much more endearing, but I can't help but not be interested in any of these people. A few good episodes in the run for sure, but overall this was a big meh. Andor as a character just lacks any kind of charisma for me. The droid was the best character I think, and that concerns me. Glad other people enjoyed this, but it just wasn't for me. I think next season will be better as the story will be more interesting, but I don't know if I'll even bother.
5e5ecf056ea85cab396ef7dd23a7e717.gif

Enjoyed the finale a lot. Worked well as a finale but also one of the better episodes of the season regardless of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"