House of the Dragon Season 1 Episode 5 "We Light the Way"

Dr.

From parts unknown
Reaction score
Original stream date: September 18, 2022

Directed by Clare Kilner; written by Charmaine DeGraté.

Official synopsis not yet available. But the episode involves a wedding. So no worries. :cool:

(Edit) Synopsis released:
Daemon visits his wife in the Vale. Viserys and Rhaenyra broker agreements with the Velaryons. Alicent seeks the truth about the princess.

800px-We_Light_the_Way_HOTD.jpg

house-of-the-dragon-episode-5-milly-alcock-theo-nate-hbo.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, so you got side pieces throwing down in a wedding, that's just super Ghetto. You also have Daemon murdering his wife in cold blood. Criston is a weak ass snitch, and Alicent is nosey AF. And the noble with the club foot is a grade A **** stirrer. Can't wait for all of this to blow up in everyone's face.

I must be on my own but I don't mind Allicent....yet anyway. I actually feel she has had the better arc between her and Rhaenyra so far, and she interests me more. She didn't start playing the game until she realised she had to, and Otto's speech at the start of this episode perfectly captured why.

Besides for that props to Cole for his utter meltdown and Daemon from the moment he walked into the wedding. Effortless acting from Smith, such a bastard.

Alicent and Rhaenyra being friends couldn't last with her dad being the Hand and all the natural conflicts. She's in a very difficult situation.

They are, but go on Reddit or Twitter and they all seem to hate Allicent. It's really weird.
Not really weird, just par for the course for reddit and Twitter. Judge someone and pile on.

Alicent and Rhaenyra being friends couldn't last with her dad being the Hand and all the natural conflicts. She's in a very difficult situation.
Such is the nature of being royals. You can't trust anyone. :(

Not really weird, just par for the course for reddit and Twitter. Judge someone and pile on.
I really should uninstall those apps but they're just so handy for news.

Such is the nature of being royals. You can't trust anyone. :(
Can't trust anyone in the whole GoT universe lol, and royals have the biggest target on their back of all.

I really should uninstall those apps but they're just so handy for news.
My Twitter is quite neutered and clean. I've signed up to a lot of news accounts and always stop reading as soon as I see a negative comment. It has value IMO but not the place to let yourself get lost in the rabbit hole of toxicity deep in comments sections.

Larys is so messy. I’m loving how the Strongs have attached themselves to all sides (Lyonel with Viserys, Harwin with Rhaenyra, and Larys with Alicent).

The score during Alicent’s walk was magnificent. That’s definitely a moment for her. People have been dogging her for being mad because Rhaenrya is having fun but I think at its core, what turned her is that she believed Rhaenrya and sided with her which led to her father getting fired and then she found out that Rhaenrya lied and she was played for a fool.

They are, but go on Reddit or Twitter and they all seem to hate Allicent. It's really weird.

I feel like that’ll change for Twitter once Olivia Cooke takes over for Alicent. She has a cult following (myself included).

Anyway, both Alicent and Rhaenrya will make terrible decisions and I’ll just enjoy it all.

Last edited:
Larys is so messy. I’m loving how the Strongs have attached themselves to all sides (Lyonel with Viserys, Harwin with Rhaenyra, and Larys with Alicent).

The score during Alicent’s walk was magnificent. That’s definitely a moment for her. People have been dogging her for being mad because Rhaenrya is having fun but I think at its core, what turned her is that she believed Rhaenrya and sided with her which led to her father getting fired and then she found out that Rhaenrya lied and she was played for a fool.

I feel like that’ll change for Twitter once Olivia Cooke takes over for Alicent. She has a cult following (myself included).

Anyway, both Alicent and Rhaenrya will make terrible decisions and I’ll just enjoy it all.
It's not just the fact that Rhaenyra let Allicent down that makes me support the latter. Otto has become increasingly nuanced and is not the villain he seemed during the first 2 and a half episodes.

I'm glad we've had the young ones for a good number of episodes now. Will be interesting to see if people view the dynamic any differently when they are aged up (and with the changes of actors).

Another great episode full of drama, intrigue and intense build-up and after these first 5 episode I can definitely see Sir Christian Cole becoming one of my favorite characters on this show.

I swear he is starting to become a much more interesting and compelling character after each episode, and I can't wait to see what the fallout for his character and Rhaenyra will be after this latest episode.

I'm really going to miss the younger actors as well as Viserys.

Random thoughts…

Wow, Rhea seems like a cool character. Badass, with a great look and not afraid to talk smack to Daemon. I can’t wait to see more of her… aaaand she’s dead.

This episode almost made me like Otto (just a little). He really summed up the reality of Alicent’s situation. But then, he PUT her in that situation so yeah, eff that guy.

Viserys, for the sake of the old gods and the new, just DIE already. He’s making me absolutely ill now. Also, does he have greyscale too? What was up with his arm?

Seriously, they need to do a better job with these wigs. Rhaenyra looked like she had a birthday cake on her head at the wedding and Laenor’s hair looks like he’s wearing one of those land octopus heads from Elden Ring.

Wow, Joffrey seems like a cool character. He has a sexy queer romance going with Laenor, and he’s also perceptive enough to pick up on Criston and Rhaenyra. Really interested to see how he uses that to his advantage… aaaand he’s dead.

Criston Cole and Alicent are probably my favorite characters. I’m guessing they hook up now? Hope so anyway.

That was a nice dragon cut scene from Skyrim. Imagine how cool that would look with PS4-level graphics!

Random thoughts…

Wow, Rhea seems like a cool character. Badass, with a great look and not afraid to talk smack to Daemon. I can’t wait to see more of her… aaaand she’s dead.

This episode almost made me like Otto (just a little). He really summed up the reality of Alicent’s situation. But then, he PUT her in that situation so yeah, eff that guy.

Viserys, for the sake of the old gods and the new, just DIE already. He’s making me absolutely ill now. Also, does he have greyscale too? What was up with his arm?

Seriously, they need to do a better job with these wigs. Rhaenyra looked like she had a birthday cake on her head at the wedding and Laenor’s hair looks like he’s wearing one of those land octopus heads from Elden Ring.

Wow, Joffrey seems like a cool character. He has a sexy queer romance going with Laenor, and he’s also perceptive enough to pick up on Criston and Rhaenyra. Really interested to see how he uses that to his advantage… aaaand he’s dead.

Criston Cole and Alicent are probably my favorite characters. I’m guessing they hook up now? Hope so anyway.

That was a nice dragon cut scene from Skyrim. Imagine how cool that would look with PS4-level graphics!
Those people know how to party at weddings. Mine was relatively uneventful.

At least this show is going somewhere. I can understand people liking or not liking the direction, but at least it has one. I know a lot of people liked WandaVision and I thought it was okay (good in the later episodes), BUT it took them FOR FREAKING EVER to get anywhere. I'm glad that these writers didn't go in that direction for the sake of "suspense" because, to me, it seems more like suspended animation.

Random thoughts…

THANK YOU, I'm glad people pointed this out. Otto is definitely no saint. Then there's his brother who might actually be pulling his strings.

As someone who also doesn't like geese, or was it the other way around, that was another fun episode. Curious to see how it'll feel after the time jump. Halfway through the season, but we've covered so much ground!

As someone who also doesn't like geese, or was it the other way around, that was another fun episode. Curious to see how it'll feel after the time jump. Halfway through the season, but we've covered so much ground!
Dine as we see fit :D

This has been a very satisfactory first half of the season for this show. It’s also been consistent throughout so I’m very confident the standards will be maintained for the remaining episodes. Exciting that there are big changes left in this season too.

Dine as we see fit :D

This has been a very satisfactory first half of the season for this show. It’s also been consistent throughout so I’m very confident the standards will be maintained for the remaining episodes. Exciting that there are big changes left in this season too.
I'm happy. It's been a fun ride so far and that wedding had my heart racing! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"