Season 2, Episode 5: "Girl...You'll Be a Woman, Soon" (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Official Description:

THINGS TAKE A TURN ON SARAH’S (INDE NAVARETTE) BIG DAY – Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui), Kyle (Erik Valdez) and Sarah (Inde Navarette) prepare for Sarah’s quinceañera, but things don’t end up going as smoothly as they had hoped. Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) finds himself struggling with feelings of guilt about what happened to John Irons (Wole Parks) and Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) worries that she might have been wrong about Ally (guest star Rya Kihlstedt). Meanwhile, Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) learns that Ret. General Samuel Lane (Dylan Walsh) is planning to train Jordan (Alex Garfin). Lastly, Chrissy (Sofia Hasmik) goes searching for the truth about Lois. Tayler Buck also stars. The episode was directed by Diana Valentine and written by Rina Mimoun & Adam Mallinger (#205). Original airdate 2/22/2022. Every episode of SUPERMAN & LOIS will be available to stream on The CW App and CWTV.com the day after broadcast for free and without a subscription, log-in or authentication required.

I can imagine the reactions from Clark and Lois if they find out about both Sam training Jordan and Jonathan taking X-Kruptonite.

Official Description:

The first part of this describtion gave me so many young teenage drama vibes, but Im confident this show can maneuver through some cheesy chliches.

Are Lana Lang and Lucy Lane going to have any scenes together at some point? Otherwise that would be a missed opportunity.

The first part of this describtion gave me so many young teenage drama vibes, but Im confident this show can maneuver through some cheesy chliches.
I'm thinking this celebration might go wrong in less a little teen drama way, and more in a big Bizarro way.

Wait, no new episode next week?

I only ever watch the summer Olympics.

I'm thinking this celebration might go wrong in less a little teen drama way, and more in a big Bizarro way.

I kind of hope not :funny:

My brain immediately went to Doomsguy crashing Chloes wedding on Smallville.

I'd rather have the celebration stay an outside subplot to the action.

I kind of hope not :funny:

My brain immediately went to Doomsguy crashing Chloes wedding on Smallville.

I'd rather have the celebration stay an outside subplot to the action.

Bizzaro is gonna see a pic of Sarah in the local paper and kidnap her and take her into outer space, whereby Clark will follow them, confront Bizzaro, shake his hand and say 'Thankyou'. Bizzaro will fly to Bizzaro world and we wont have to have anymore female hormone drama. Jordan and Jonathan can get back to finding their balls. The end.

It dropped! Best sneak peak so far! :D

I love his scenes with Anderson, can't wait to see them get more and more heated :yay:

Wasn't crazy about this episode but it was still okay with some good moments. The Bizarro stuff of course, some of the Chrissy/Ally stuff, etc.

The pacing and some of the editing kinda just felt off to me here though.

I liked the set up with Ally and Bizarro's world/whatever connecting to the current storyline.

I thought it was a good episode, but that Bizzaro/Supes fight was easily the highlight. Pretty much everything with Bizzaro was more engaging IMO and I'm glad we are getting more of that next week.

Not a fan of all the teen drama, and some of the
extraneous stuff. I mean is anyone watching this to see if Smallville can have its first female mayor?
Who gives a **** ? I don't care if Smallville is getting its first talking cat mayor.

However, the Bizarro stuff was straight up awesome. This show needs more of what people watch a Superman show for....Superman.

I liked this one better than the previous one.

I freakin' loved Lana here. What a mom. She's come a long way from the self-pitying "pretender" she was when we first met her last season. It will be quite gratifying to see her eventually serve that sleazebag mayor his comeuppance whenever that lovely day arrives.

The Ally Allston stuff was also great imo. It's coming together with the Bizarro plot quite nicely now, and she's becoming quite the effectively creepy villain. I am so ready for this Bizarro World!

Jordan getting all excited about his brother "having powers" now was actually a little heartbreaking.

I'm actually glad that we've gotten the plot description for an upcoming episode mentioning that Anderson's superiors are coming down on him for the DOD's crumbling relationship with Superman, because otherwise I'd be crying foul here. Like, there's no way the government collectively would be totally cool with antagonizing Earth's most powerful champion like he's been doing, especially after years of goodwill and a working relationship.

My one big complaint about the episode is that it looks like Chrissy and Lois aren't doing the deep cover thing after all, which means Chrissy's quick and unconvincing turn last episode was indeed just weak writing. She was definitely written better here, though, imo.

Still loving Bizarro, and appreciating how quickly Clark's figuring him out. Another thing I appreciated was that scene with Clark and Tag. I feel like the episode was a nice showcase for how Superman cares...about everyone - whether it's Kyle at the party, or the super-powered kid who once beat up his son, or the dangerous cult leader, or his Bizarro self that's murdered several people. Dude cares just the same.

Personally, I have no problems with the grounded family drama with the Kent, Irons, or Cushing family. It's definitely a welcome breath of fresh air when compared to some of the overdramatic and nonsensical drama shown in the other CW-DCTV shows. Granted, I could live without seeing Chrissy constantly complain about secrets and journalistic integrity with Lois Lane.

That being said, this season's main threat feels very reminiscent to last season. Lois's antagonist being revealed as the real villain (e.g., Morgan Edge, Ally Alsten) or the opening antagonist being from another parallel universe (e.g., Steel and Bizzaro).

Forgot to mention one thing about the Ally plot this episode that did bug me a little: if Chrissy had the same experience as Lucy and Ally's other followers, why was her reaction so different? She's not suddenly under her thrall like the rest of the cult. On the contrary, she finds her even more dangerous now. Hopefully they'll clarify this in a future ep.

Forgot to mention one thing about the Ally plot this episode that did bug me a little: if Chrissy had the same experience as Lucy and Ally's other followers, why was her reaction so different? She's not suddenly under her thrall like the rest of the cult. On the contrary, she finds her even more dangerous now. Hopefully they'll clarify this in a future ep.

It's possible that each recipient may have different reactions/visions to Ally's pendent. While Chrissy was able to see Ally's dystopian world, people like Lucy probably only saw a better life for themselves through their doppelgangers.

Enjoyed a lot of this episode and I love how each strand of the plot is unfolding.

My only complaint was that way too much time was spent on Sarah's big night - it just felt unbalanced, like Superman was a side character in the Cushing show rather than the other way around.

Loved that they included a scene with Tag - so glad he thanked Clark, feel like that was so needed.

Jordan thinking Jon has powers - very cool, slightly heartbreaking & sort of what I was hoping would happen. So curious to see where this goes though, Jon seems to be getting all sorts of powers and it seemed like people usually only get one. It's also great to see him struggling... he's definitely got a 'good boy' complex with his brother always being the one that needed help/attention and so it makes total sense he would behave in the way he is right now (hiding how he really feels and turning to substances).

So many lovely Clark/Lois moments. The bananna muffin one had me grinning.

I actually didn't mind Chrissie going in to interview Ally on her own. It didn't seem like she was turning her back on Lois completely, just wanted to judge for herself and report back. I actually liked her more this episode than previous ones - and her speech at the beginning made me wonder what happened in her life to teach her 'if you want the truth you have to find it yourself'.

Oh, one other complaint.... Dr Faulker's dead body was a bit unnecessarily shocking to me. That's the kind of thing that gives me nightmares (yes, I'm sensitive lol) and the idea of a kid seeing that not knowing it was coming doesn't sit right with me. Just out of place with the rest of the tone.

I'm still really curious to know how the pendants work. Since it was pointed out that Clarks hands were going black in the bizzaro fight on the farm it definitely seemed like it was similar to parasites powers. Anderson may have thought he was powering up, but seeing as he was much better able to fight back in this episode I'd say it was definitely the opposite.

God I wish theh would drop more than one episode at a time :funny:

Ah yes, how could I forget - Clark turning into a petulant 10-year-old for 5 seconds when he thought he didn't get a banana muffin was another highlight for me. :hehe:

So... X-K is the opposite of Green K? I'm not sure I get that one, but I'd love to hear others thoughts...

Although that would explain why he came through in that suit - it was protecting him from the kryptonite!

Also, having another villian turn hero from another universe who lost his version of Lois Lane and is trying to save the world feels a tad repetitive :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"