Season 1, Episode 13: "Fail Safe" (SPOILERS)

LL2K2

Maid of Might
Reaction score
Busy on the descriptions today, as The CW also released one for Episode 12.

TENSION – Superman (Tyler Hoechlin) pays a visit to Morgan Edge (Adam Rayner). Meanwhile, Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) and Chrissy (guest star Sofia Hasmik) work together on a story. Lastly, Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) finds a welcome distraction during a very stressful school day. Elizabeth Tulloch, Jordan Elsass, Alex Garfin, Inde Navarette, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Erik Valdez, Dylan Walsh and Wole Parks also star. (#113). The episode was directed by Ian Samoil and written by Jai Jamison & Kristi Korzec. Original airdate 7/20/2021.

This feels like an intentionally bogus description to me.

If Superman is still under Edge's influence and hanging out at his villain headquarters, then paying a visit to him means only walking down the hall to see him.

Remember that this is the original season finale if the CW didn't order a 2-episode expansion.

Remember that this is the original season finale if the CW didn't order a 2-episode expansion.

I was thinking as the episode was concluding this felt like a solid ending to the season, so that makes sense haha.

What sucks is that we have one more break after this episode.

Think of it as a backward way of prolonging the show, as we won't be getting a second season until sometime next year. And the wait for that will likely feel worse.

Soooo... who is the guest? (Mentioned at the end of sneak peak)

I get the feeling these last two episodes are going to be pretty crazy considering the cliffhanger we got in this episode, but man do I hate these random breaks which almost completely ruin the momentum of the show IMO.

I mean atleast its coming back the same day as Stargirl which I'm also excited about since that means I'll have two quality DC shows to look forward to on the same day, but the two week wait still sucks.

Really enjoyed this episode though, especially for the drama with Lois and its cool seeing John Henry finally bonding and becoming closer with the Kent family which surprisingly feels very natural.

So I can't watch 'til tomorrow night, but I gotta know, is THE Eradicator a-go? That was what I suspected the end of last episode was suggesting.

I dont understand why Clark would trust John with these weapons that could kill him instead of giving them over to Diggle/Argus. Two that you actually know.

The Lois scenes were all the best and my fave of the episode. Bitsie has really risen in my Lois ranks, like Top 3 status.

Wasnt a big fan of everyone hates the Lane family (I always forget her new last name)

Tulloch keeps stepping up to the plate and smashing dingers. She sold the hell out of that scene by the truck with Clark, where she is just exhausted with everything that's on their plate at the moment. Now she has to deal with an ongoing and persistent fear of Kryptonite weapons being used against Clark, which is something that he gave the go-ahead for. Just the frenzied emotion of it, I thought was great. Plus she weaves the humour into these scenes in a natural way, like mentioning how she needs to keep her anger up so she can use it when she has to bail out Jordan, or casually mentioning how punchable the mayor's face is.

I didn't love everything about this episode, and there were some hard cuts and weird editing choices that made everything feel uneven, but there were some stellar moments. The final scene with the Eradicator was cool.

I know I can’t be the only one who has a crush on Chrissy?

Love the fact that she’s a series regular next season so I can continue to marvel at her beauty lol.

Also are the hinting that Jon may not actually get powers but become a armored tech type hero With John Henry’s training?

I’m actually ok with that idea even though I find it surprising if they go that route.

I get the feeling these last two episodes are going to be pretty crazy considering the cliffhanger we got in this episode, but man do I hate these random breaks which almost completely ruin the momentum of the show IMO.

I mean atleast its coming back the same day as Stargirl which I'm also excited about since that means I'll have two quality DC shows to look forward to on the same day, but the two week wait still sucks.

Really enjoyed this episode though, especially for the drama with Lois and its cool seeing John Henry finally bonding and becoming closer with the Kent family which surprisingly feels very natural.

Superman & Lois and Stargirl are two of my favorite shows. Flawless cinematic quality to them. I want to see them crossover.

Really enjoyed this episode, so much better than the last one & I feel really excited by the promo for 1 x 14 too!

Jordan and Jonathan are actually becoming quite enjoyable to watch individually. I liked both of their scenes & it's so great to feel like I'm getting to know and love them.

Bitsie is defo shining like crazy, I think this was her best episode. But I also think Tyler is providing a really 3 dimensional Clark. Like the writers are giving him opportunity to showcase Clark's thoughts and emotions in a way that makes him feel so real, and it's everything I've always loved about Superman - the struggles of being who he is and having his powers.

People are always saying to me that Superman is boring because he's too powerful, when what I've always seen is how much harder that makes it for him, and how that creates struggles in and of itself. So this plot line has been really brilliant for me.

The Cushings side story is okay, I'm not hating it. Though it makes me a bit sad... like I kind of want at least some of the people of Smallville, the community the Kents lived in, that raised Superman... to respond with kindness instead of hate.

I like the fact that Edge has been like this constantly evolving villain. From evil business mogul to kryptonian to eradicator - and I think Adam has done a great job there. Looking forward to seeing what they do with the Eradictor.

Also did love Superman asking John to have the keys to 7734 and its reminiscence to the comics with Superman asking Batman to do similar. But I did wonder how 1 man is going to take full care of so much kryptonite. Sam said they had 'a couple of warehouses full' of raw kryptonite! Maybe they'll get rid of some...

Anyway, very excited... gutted we have to wait!

Edge will possess Jonathan next episode, I call it.

I do love Bitsie Tulloch's angry mom Lois. I especially loved where she got to display the awesome eyes behind her head power of moms. I also love that Clark wasn't against Jonathan spending time with Irons, just that he was skipping school. And the whole argument was great. Tulloch and Hoechlin continue to create one of the greatest depictions of the Lois and Clark relationship, with just how real and healthy it feels. Lois continually acknowledging that she shouldn't be yelling is great.

Some of my favorite flying shots of Superman.

E62tdb4XEAIpKXy

E62tesyWYAYk-iP

Ok yeah, loved this episode. The Cushings stuff actually jived with the rest of the episode thematically as everyone's trying to redefine/re-examine their place here after the craziness that went down, so the whole thing flowed a lot better than last week, imo.

VERY happy my predictions look to be turning out to have been correct and The Eradicator has entered the building! And given that line from Tal in the flashback about how he doesn't need to "die" to accomplish his father's goal as planned, it would seem that Zeta expected this from him all along...maybe even created him for it. That end sequence with him breaking out and absorbing the sun was cool as f***, imo. Is it too much to hope for a solar visor in the next ep given how overloaded his eyes were looking there?? If we don't get the visor that will have been a cruel tease, lol.

Loved that we've officially established that Clark wants the world to have a fail safe for if something turns him. That's a complaint some people had about his otherwise well-received first appearance on SG - that he was so against the DEO having Kryptonite (and that storyline resolved by the DEO giving him what was left of their supply), particularly with his cousin working there, but I always thought he would've just taken it to someone he trusted, and didn't want it in the hands of a shady government agency, so it never bothered me. But it's great to get his clear stance on that here. While I think normally the obvious choice would've been Batman, I 100% support John Irons being that person for this show, especially with the backstory they gave him here.

The Clark/Lois stuff was again stellar here. You know an argument's good when you find yourself agreeing with both sides. I also really liked Lois' conflict with Chrissy in this one. I didn't expect Lois to get called out on her covering because I'm so used to her doing it with all the crazy stuff they deal with, but it was nice to see, because yeah, in real life, a lot of people wouldn't be willing to just roll with it and let her slide without accountability.

My favorite little Clark moment of the week: Him arguing why Jon and Jordan shouldn't skip school because it's unfair to the teachers who put in so much work to prep for those classes and they deserve more respect, dammit! :hrt:

The promo for the next one has me dying to know what's got Lois so emotional, as we haven't yet seen her like that all season, even with the crazy intense stuff she's gone through already. I'm gonna predict either Sam is killed or, more likely, Jonathan gets taken by Tal/The Eradicator. Annoyed we have to deal with yet another break now, but I get it, Olympics or whatever. :csad:

I dont understand why Clark would trust John with these weapons that could kill him instead of giving them over to Diggle/Argus. Two that you actually know.

The Lois scenes were all the best and my fave of the episode. Bitsie has really risen in my Lois ranks, like Top 3 status.

Wasnt a big fan of everyone hates the Lane family (I always forget her new last name)
That’s the point. They might hesitate or wait too long cause they know him.

Steel is more neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"