Season 1, Episode 9: "Loyal Subjekts" (SPOILERS)

LL2K2

Maid of Might
Reaction score
Yay, a Lois/Clark team-up!

DETAILS – Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch), Chrissy (guest star Sofia Hasmik) and Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) team up to piece together the significance of Smallville to Morgan Edge (Adam Rayner). Alex Garfin, Jordan Elsass, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Dylan Walsh and Wole Parks also star. (#109). The episode was directed by Eric Dean Seaton and written by Andrew N. Wong. Original airdate 6/8/2021.

Basically it's the first trio team-up of Clark, Lois, and Chrissy.

What do "loyal subjekts" do? They kneel.

One guess who I think has been downloaded into Edge’s brain.

What do "loyal subjekts" do? They kneel.

One guess who I think has been downloaded into Edge’s brain.

Well that would explain his sudden English accent. Perhaps he thought it would give him an edge over his predecessor played by Adrian Pasdar.

Looking at some recent comments from various cast members, it sounds like they have another big episode in store for us. Bitsie in particular had this to say.

"... the main action sequence is so beautifully shot - it took something like 70+ camera setups to get it done!"

And here's a quote from Erik Valdez.

"Sooooo much I want to say about it [the episode], but…"

That was an impressive Superman rescue against those Mexican bank robbers. I think some of the synthetic kryptonite might still reside within Clark’s system affecting him. Time for him to take a trip directly into the heart of the sun to burn out the kryptonite.

Last edited:
Gotta say Lois, when you barge into a meeting and start ranting, you're definitely not gonna help your case. Considering this is the same woman who knew as soon as she did it that merely pointing her finger at Morgan Edge when her car was blown up was a stupid move, she should know better.

Also I would like to thank CW, Tyler Hoechlin and also God, for that, uh...bruises scene. Keep doing good works. :atp:

So Jordan has somewhat unlocked the super breath/Freeze power but under different circumstances. I suspect that the fortress will stabilize him.

Ok did not see that twist with Kyle. My question is, WHEN did that happen?

Lots of twists in this one. I'd like to know when Kyle Kushing became super powered. I can see Lois dealing with him throughout the rest of the season.

As for that twist in the end, I think either Zod or Superman's imaginary brother from the silver-age stories. Does this mean the Morgan Edge from Supergirl is still out there?

After the last several episodes that focused on Captain Luthor/ John Henry Irons, he's benched for this one.

A lot good surprises in this episode. Of all the ways we've seen Kryptonian powers manifest, this is definitely a different way lol but it was a good one, it fits.

The explanation for why they need Smallvillians was a very good reasoning, fate was really on Supermans side to a degree. Shame it took Marthas death for everything to kick off but imagine how much further Edge would have been if she hadnt?

Another fairly solid episode. I saw the twist with Kyle coming but not so much with Edge. Curious to see how it all plays out next week.

The big action scene in Mexico was pretty great as well as the scene between Jon and General Lane on the porch - I thought Jordan Elass acted that scene out incredibly well.

My disappointment with this new development aside, this was a really good episode, imo. Better than last week.

The stakes have never felt higher, as when those Kryptonians showed up at the Kent house, knowing Clark and Jordan were otherwise detained, my stomach dropped. I mean, intellectually I knew Lois and Jon would survive, but still, that was some scary s***, lol. I was even sad at the Kyle development, because despite him being a jackass for 90% of this show, I do believe the guy was trying. I really liked the explanation about the X-Kryptonite and why the Smallville-ians were more susceptible to accepting the procedure. I also liked the revelation that Leslie Larr is actually the Kryptonian name and not that lady's human name, since the character is actually a Kryptonian in the comics.

I also love when these shows remember that Kryptonians have a knack for language and are fluent in most common Earth languages (SG is good about this too).

Jonathan is slowly rising to the top of my rankings of favorite characters. He's just so great.

Since they didn't say his name at the end of the episode, I'm kinda hoping they WANTED us to assume Edge was Zod and that it's some kind of misdirect. I think I'd prefer just about any other Kryptonian at this point, lol.

I hate the why did General Lane have a stockpile of Kryptonite weapons. It makes perfect sense. What if Superman gets hypnotized and does bad things or even worse what if other Kryptonians invade earth and aren't as nice as Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"