Season 1, Episode 7: "Man of Steel" (SPOILERS)

LL2K2

Maid of Might
Reaction score
DAVID RAMSEY DIRECTS THE EPISODE – Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) struggles to help Jordan (Alex Garfin) who is grappling with a new power. Meanwhile, Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) enlists Clark’s help which leads to a surprise encounter. Emmanuelle Chriqui, Jordan Elsass, Dylan Walsh, Erik Valdez, Inde Navarrette and Wole Parks also star. (#107). The episode was directed by David Ramsey and written by Jai Jamison. Original airdate 5/25/2021.

Diggle has to be the surprise encounter as he and Lyla moved to Metropolis.

Why do I feel like Diggle is gonna be more of a cameo than a major role.

Why do I feel like Diggle is gonna be more of a cameo than a major role.

Thinking the same thing. It might be the only way for them to avoid the elephant in the room, since they probably don't want to address on what he found at the end of Arrow's series finale.

What if the surprise is that he's not playing Diggle but John Stewart? Or that he's not in it at all but it's someone else? Maybe they don't want to be explicitly connected to the Arrowverse anymore?

According to David Ramsey, he doesn't guest-star in this episode.

I wonder if this Captain Luthor is an agent for the Council of Luthors sent to kill both Superman and Lex Luthor.

I'd be totally down for the Council of Luthors, but I don't think it's happening.

and the answer is-seems obvious to me-super-hearing is happening

It'd be kinda cool if the boys were to develop slightly different powers than Kal/Clark.

According to David Ramsey, he doesn't guest-star in this episode.

I wonder if this Captain Luthor is an agent for the Council of Luthors sent to kill both Superman and Lex Luthor.

So no crossover with Arrow at all. It's like Clark is on his own earth again and now separate from Kara even.

"Captain Luthor." Cat's finally outta the bag! Nice to see Clark getting in on the investigating.

Welp, here comes the love triangle

The multiple Supermen throws me. Is that maybe this show's version of the Crime Syndicate rather than alt-versions of other heroes? Where would they have come from?

What a great episode!!!

I think it's funny that both SG and this show had episodes called "Man of Steel" and they were both "villain backstory" episodes. :funny:

I am so beyond excited about John Henry Irons being on this show, I really hope he's not a one-season wonder. I loved the Kent family coming to Clark's rescue. I'm also back to being more sympathetic toward Jordan. I mean, not the "rushing to snap judgment about his brother and Sarah" part, but that's hardly out of the ordinary for a 14-year-old. But as someone who regularly gets migraines, I really felt for him with all the super-hearing and sensory overload stuff. Super-hearing is a power I would never, EVER want.

The only part I didn't care for, and probably the reason this episode doesn't quite top last week's as my fave to date, is the moment Clark almost punched an already-defeated Irons. I get that they want to tease the possibility of Irons being right, but sorry, I just...didn't buy that moment at all.

Still, overall quite a ride, and I'm glad it looks like the Irons backstory continues next week! Bitsie and Wolé were really talking that episode up, so I'm hyped.

Man I love it when a show is able to catch me off guard, because I did not see that coming at all. Easily the highlight of the episode which was already pretty great from the start, but those last 10 minutes or so really elevated it and made it that much better IMO and now I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Also, I do hope this means Wole Parks sticks around for a while because he's been very solid in the role and is making the character come off a whole alot more likable and endearing than I thought he would he be and thats mostly due to his peformance, especially the scenes with the daughter.

The possibilites of the kind of potenital spinoff shows they could now are honestly endless and if they can take advantage of that while also maintaining the quality of this show it could take the CW to a whole other level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"