Season 1, Episode 2: "Heritage" (SPOILERS)

Blind Wave brought up in their reaction video that perhaps the twins powers are activated only when they're near each other. So in order for the Krypton gene to show in tests, both boys would have to be present.

Does Covid even exist in the Arrowverse or within this show? If that were the case that barbecue would have them all in masks and also at that town hall meeting where Lois was questioning Morgan Edge.
That's not what I meant :wall:

That's not what I meant :wall:

Well then you should say there are filming issues related to Covid preventing crowds, if that's what you mean. But it sounded more like you were talking about Covid issues within the show preventing Superman from flying or attending events.

Blind Wave brought up in their reaction video that perhaps the twins powers are activated only when they're near each other. So in order for the Krypton gene to show in tests, both boys would have to be present.

I've seen that theory floating around. Not a big fan of it since they are fraternal, if they were identical twins then id be something I wouldnt mind exploring.

Powers or not, the boys are genetically half-Kryptonian. So, that should be reflected in their shared DNA to some degree at the very least, right? Not necessarily. Why not? Well, for one thing, DNA testing--in human terms--relies upon population genomic metrics; and we simply don't have sufficient data on Kryptonian populations for obvious reasons. Hence, to ensure the max efficacy of DNA testing as relates to the boys, you'd almost always have to have Kryptonian technology at your disposal. Fortunately, as Clark has plenty of it in the FoS, there's no reason why either one of the boys' Kryptonian genes would fail to register.

Now, as far as the proximity-induced activation theory is concerned, I get why that might sound appealing from a storytelling perspective, but it's just so silly to me. Here's hoping it doesn't pan out.

Well, we know Jonathon has some powers. In the first episode, he's shown as a child snapping a rope in two by throwing a football at it. No normal kid could do that, and there was even a look between Clark and Lois to show that they noticed it. So, extra strength at least.

I've seen that theory floating around. Not a big fan of it since they are fraternal, if they were identical twins then id be something I wouldnt mind exploring.
Now, as far as the proximity-induced activation theory is concerned, I get why that might sound appealing from a storytelling perspective, but it's just so silly to me. Here's hoping it doesn't pan out.
If Kryptonians had some sort of telepathy-based powers, I could see how this concept could be cool. Like the twins are telepathically linked, or something to that effect. But since that's not the case, I too would not really care for this development, but I have to agree with the theories that it seems like it might be where they're going with this.

If Kryptonians had some sort of telepathy-based powers, I could see how this concept could be cool. Like the twins are telepathically linked, or something to that effect. But since that's not the case, I too would not really care for this development, but I have to agree with the theories that it seems like it might be where they're going with this.

You know who they've been gradually reminding me of? The Strucker twins on Fox's now-defunct The Gifted series. Not only did those two have the symbiotic powerset thing going on, but they quickly found themselves at odds with each other before ultimately reconciling their differences. Sound trop... I mean familiar? lol

giphy.gif

You know who they've been gradually reminding me of? The Strucker twins on Fox's now-defunct The Gifted series. Not only did those two have the symbiotic powerset thing going on, but they quickly found themselves at odds with each other before ultimately reconciling their differences. Sound trop... I mean familiar? lol

giphy.gif

The Strucker twins? Wanda and Pietro who were Strucker's miracle pairing, aka the Wanda Twins?

The Strucker twins? Wanda and Pietro who were Strucker's miracle pairing, aka the Wanda Twins?

The Strucker twins on The Gifted are loosely based on Marvel's Fenris aka Baron Von Strucker's twin children in the comics. But when you put it like that, it's interesting to see how the Von Strucker character was later reimagined and tailored to serve a similar purpose in "fathering" the Maximoffs (another set of super twins), symbolically speaking.

Last edited:
The Strucker twins on The Gifted are loosely based on Marvel's Fenris aka Baron Von Strucker's twin children in the comics. But when you put it like that, it's interesting to see how the Von Strucker character was later reimagined and tailored to serve a similar purpose in "fathering" the Maximoffs (another set of super twins), symbolically speaking.

You could say that Strucker was Mister Miracle. :o

Maybe super telepathy is an extension of the super ventriloquism powers.

upload_2021-3-4_23-55-23.png

Forgot to write my reaction. Continuing to be impressed so far. Albeit, I feel something is missing. Not sure I'm sold on the actor playing Jor-El, the one he delivered that line "He will never be like you...Kal-El" sounded very much like Terence Stamp or Marlon Brando's version. Somewhere in between.

Not surprised that they've seemingly changed the design of the Fortress of Solitude...I mean the design in Supergirl was cool, and I don't think they should change that. From what we've seen though, this looks like a very small Fortress. I hope it's bigger than what we have seen so far.

I know this is only the second episode, but I fear this show could potentially turn into a typical CW soap opera which I hope doesn't happen. The teen angst only comes second to me. Superman is first for me. Not the other stuff. More in it for Superman than anything else.

I'm a little bored by Captain Luthor. He seems generic. Maybe he'll grow on me. So we have Ultraman...or Injustice Superman...Justice Lord Superman (or whatever) and the black suit. In spite of the black suit though, I feel like it would have been nice to have seen a TV series do the Death/Return of Superman story in the course of multiple episodes, but I guess it would feel strange given that we should assume this Superman has already faced most of those villains from the past, and he's already been Superman for...17 years? How long exactly? His twin sons are 14, I'm just speculating how much time Clark was active as Superman, before he told Lois his secret and had kids.

I feel what was missing from this episode was the opening montage from the pilot. It was a joy to see the flashbacks of Superman in his early years, and Clark meeting Lois for the first time. I was kind of hoping to see more flashbacks play out showing the first time Lois meets Superman, and showing us the first time she was rescued by Superman. It's because I feel like most of this show, or this season at least will focus primarily on Superman raising his kids and Lana and her firefighter husband, which I'm also not interested in. I hope there's more conflict than that. Like many I think, I'm not that interested in seeing his kids go to High School. The visuals and effects continue to look impressive.

Might even go a Superboy Red and Superboy Blue route, If Jonathan manifests power, they might maybe give him electric Superman abilities.
When Clark and Jordan take off for the Fortress, Jordan is wearing a red jacket, and Jonathan is wearing blue.

Jordan also wore red at the bonfire last episode, and he got a cape (a blanket) draped over his shoulders after he used heat vision, so there might be real symbolism in what they wear.

Can someone list what's been added to Episode 2 for the extended version?

What is the difference between the CW version VS the CW app version?

Can someone list what's been added to Episode 2 for the extended version?

What is the difference between the CW version VS the CW app version?

There was a scene of Clark talking Lana at the BBQ and a scene where Sam shows Superman the pendant thing the Stranger gave to him. He also revealed that he had been stockpiling Kryptonite.

They left the stockpiling kryptonite scene out? That's crazy. I guess he does mention it later on in the episode when he's talking to Lois on the front porch.

They left the stockpiling kryptonite scene out? That's crazy. I guess he does mention it later on in the episode when he's talking to Lois on the front porch.
No, they left that part out of the broadcast cut too, since it would’ve been an out-of-nowhere comment without that first scene. There will probably be another scene that re-explains it for people in a future ep when it becomes significant, I’m guessing.

No, they left that part out of the broadcast cut too, since it would’ve been an out-of-nowhere comment without that first scene. There will probably be another scene that re-explains it for people in a future ep when it becomes significant, I’m guessing.

Hmm, I guess I don't understand why you would cut that scene, I feel like there's others of less importance you could leave out. But like you said, could explain it in another episode down the road. I guess they're really pushing people to watch or possibly rewatch on the app too.

Hmm, I guess I don't understand why you would cut that scene, I feel like there's others of less importance you could leave out. But like you said, could explain it in another episode down the road. I guess they're really pushing people to watch or possibly rewatch on the app too.

They should've cut some of the teen angst scenes.

Random observation on my re-watch - I really like how those ELT's work. Instead of sending a unique alarm noise tailored to Kryptonians' hearing like the traditional "signal watches" of the comics (and SG), it activates a mic that can be used to communicate (like Lois' "come home" from the pilot) just to him, or just send him sound from the surrounding environment so he can get a good idea of whatever the situation is that he's flying into so he's not just barrelling in blind (like at the Department of Defense). That's a much more useful device, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"