Season 1, Episode 2: "Heritage" (SPOILERS)

Just catching up on the show, but not a bad episode here. Honestly the preview for episode 3 was the worst part of it so that's not bad.

The tests when they were much younger didn't make it sound like they'd likely gain any powers. And the tests now aren't saying much about it. So safe to say the testing equipment can't pick up what's going on here. Which I suppose isn't a shock since we're talking about the mixing of bloodlines between different species and all that. There is that idea that their powers only work when the brothers are in proximity, but I also agree that'd be kind of dumb. So let's hope they aren't going there.

With the Luthor I'm more curious how he ended up here (pretty sure I didn't miss the full explanation there). If he's stuck here, well then my condolences. If not then I kind of wish he'd find a multiverse where Superman is actually evil so he can cause trouble there. But, I don't think we can expect much logic or sense from this guy. He is working off the idea that Superman is evil and yet can be counted on to stop a nuclear reactor overload. Something that if he was evil he wouldn't care about...

He is working off the idea that Superman is evil and yet can be counted on to stop a nuclear reactor overload.
I've been wondering about this. When Luthor talks about how "Superman destroyed my world", I think Luthor means "world" in a personal sense. As far as I remember, he hasn't used a more literal term such as "planet" or "Earth". I think we can't assume that Luthor is good, or that he cares whether the S&L Superman is good or evil.

This show seems to be a mashup of Superman storylines from other media. The main universe is similar to Byrne's Man of Steel reboot. The scene at the end of 1x02 was violent, but it was small-scale as battles go -- possibly against a band of rebels -- and Superman seemed to have some authority over an army, so that bit looks like the Injustice storyline. To that, add Lois from the Justice Lords universe, at odds with Superman over his increasingly authoritarian regime, and have her side with (and fall in love with) Luthor like they did on Earth-3. Lois dies -- maybe not even by Superman's direct action, maybe just from investigating the regime the way Lois in the main universe is causing trouble for Morgan Edge -- leaving a devastated widower with a personal vendetta against Superman for destroying his "world".

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"