Season 2, Episode 11: "Truth and Consequences"

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Official Synopsis:

DAVID RAMSEY (“ARROW”) DIRECTS THE EPISODE — We pick up right where we left off with Jon-El (Jordan Elsass) smirking at Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch), who is still standing on the porch with Jordan (Alex Garfin). Jon-El catches sight of his doppelganger Jonathan (Jordan Elsass), standing not too far away. He lunges at him and Jordan tries to intervene but Jon-El appears to be stronger and faster than him. Tyler Hoechlin, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Dylan Walsh, Erik Valdez, Inde Navarrette, Wole Parks, Sofia Hasmik and Taylor Hack also star. The episode was directed by David Ramsey and written by Andrew N. Wong (#211). Original airdate 5/3/2022.

So Bizarro!Jon is "Jon-El." Huh. Also, what a weird synopsis, lol.

I hope this is not another episode with less Superman like the mid-season finale, despite Diggle directing.

I think the two Jonathans will merge into one and may bring Superman back home.

Wait, is that the “official” synopsis? Who wrote that? It doesn’t sound professional at all

Is the synopsis weird because it’s basically a scene description lol. At least that’s it reads too me I mean maybe it’s like that because this is a big episode and they don’t really want to give a vibe for the overall structure of the episode. It is odd though.

Wait, is that the “official” synopsis? Who wrote that? It doesn’t sound professional at all
Yes it is official according to all the usual sources, but usually when shows release a “synopsis” like this it’s because they don’t want to give away ANYTHING about the plot, so my guess is something huge happens at the end of episode 10 that they’re avoiding spoiling here.

Well, this is interesting.

FRioR2TXsAcvog3

I predict that this will be the episode where Lana finds out that Clark is Superman.

I also hope maybe either Superman or Jon-El's powers could turn Lana into Superwoman Red like in the comics.

I predict that this will be the episode where Lana finds out that Clark is Superman.

I also hope maybe either Superman or Jon-El's powers could turn Lana into Superwoman Red like in the comics.
Awesome, but that damn budget constraints.

I also predict that the two Jonathans will merge into one.

Nice that things are back to normal for the show after the last few episodes.

They did it. They really did it at the end.

The Kents are literally coming apart at the seams. Can't wait to see the follow-up to that ending.....on May 31st!

Meanwhile, great to see Jordan hand some whoop-ass on Jon-El.

Well that was one hell of a cliffhanger and while I know its wrong I'm glad to see Clark and Lana grow so much closer together throughout this season which just feels right IMO.

Loved the reveal at the end which is honestly my favorite part of the whole episode which was good overall, but that ending really made me excited for the next episode on May 31st.

Great episode! The ending gave me goose bumps and I'm really looking forward to the follow up in a few weeks. I am a little tired of the whole doppelganger/other world stuff but it comes with the territory.

It was definitely a step up from Bizarro world but did we really just return for...2 episodes? Only to go on ANOTHER hiatus? Did I see that right?

I really wish that the 2 Jonathans would've merged though or that we will. I love my heroes to win but I also need them to have some losses...especially when its a 50/50 win lol.

But the whole mergers thing is more well thought out than what the Arrowverse did with their dopplegangers. Wouldve been a better way to deal with Caitlin/Frost or even the Laurels.

The ending was great, not sure if Clark should've done it in an area where there are houses RIGHT there but a great scene.

If Lois and Clark weren’t already happily married, I’d be shipping the hell out of Lana and Clark.

Seeing Jordan battle Bizarro- Jonathan was the flip side of Jonathan fighting Jordan when General Sam Lane was training Jordan.

Gotta hand it to Clark and Lois when it comes to their patience as parents. If any of my friends had given their parents the same attitude displayed by Jonathan and Jordan in this episode, they would have all received a large smack to the face.

Also, it was just embarrassing to watch Jordan not display any common sense when he tried to hand Sara his letter. Whether it be "Smallville" or "Superman & Lois", seems like there'll always be a Kent that loses all reason and logic whenever it deals with a member of the Lang family. If people weren't sure about Sara and Jordan, then tonight's episode should have solidified that these two just aren't right for each other.

I really hope that Lana doesn't play the whole "How could you lie to me?" card in reaction to learning Clark's secret. I just don't get why some individuals feel so self-entitled when it comes to other people's secrets. Anyways, I hope that Jordan gets in better shape for next season. It just looks weird and unbelievable at times that he could hold his own in a fight even with superpowers.

Gotta hand it to Clark and Lois when it comes to their patience as parents. If any of my friends had given their parents the same attitude displayed by Jonathan and Jordan in this episode, they would have all received a large smack to the face.
I’m certainly glad that Lois and Clark don’t assault their kids. Anyone who does should lose custody immediately.

I’m certainly glad that Lois and Clark don’t assault their kids. Anyone who does should lose custody immediately.

Just to be clear, I don't condone violence either. However, I know a lot of parents that wouldn't have put up with that type of behavior from their children.

Really enjoyed this one.

Even though I still feel it was mistake to not have Lana in on the secret from the start on this show, I get that they wanted to do their own version of the reveal, and it was beautiful. Glad she knows now. Hopefully her storylines can become more intertwined with the main ones from here on out. Also, is it me, or was Lana totally shooting her shot with Superman when she invited him in? I don't blame her - they've bonded, he looks exactly like her first love, and she's newly single. I respect it! :hehe:

I enjoy seeing characters who rarely interact have scenes together, so I quite liked that Lois/Sarah scene.

Love seeing Jordan coming into his own with his powers. Jon being a little b**** about the secret, not so much. Also that scene with Jordan, Sarah and the letter. Come on kid, read the room, ffs.

The lesson of this episode...

genie-tell-her-the-truth.gif

It seems Clark has got his “Superman reveal” down to a set routine. A), Smallville is the preferred location. B), Clark takes off his glasses and then… hovers. He did this with Lois. He did this with his sons (which also included hoisting a truck). And now the same with Lana. I guess it was this repetition that, for me, somewhat undercut the emotion and drama of the climactic Lana scene. (Also the fact that Lana remained utterly clueless right up until the reveal — even though she had just performed intimate, life saving “surgery” on Supes.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"