Season 2, Episode 12: "The Lies That Bind" (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Official Synopsis:

SUPERMAN & LOIS IS BACK WITH AN ORIGINAL EPISODE! — We pick up right where we left off with Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) levitating in front of Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui). Meanwhile, Jordan (Alex Garfin) and Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) question whether Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) and Clark are telling them the complete story. Lastly, Natalie (Tayler Buck) tries her best to get Sarah (Inde Navarrette) to acknowledge Jordan. Erik Valdez, Wole Parks, Sofia Hasmik, Taylor Buck and Dylan Walsh also star. The episode was directed by David Mahmoudieh and written by Rina Mimoun (#212).

Ok so I take back what I said about the previous synopsis. I now believe the actual synopsis writer has been a casualty of mass layoffs and the job has been taken over by the caterer or something.

Official Synopsis:

Ok so I take back what I said about the previous synopsis. I now believe the actual synopsis writer has been a casualty of mass layoffs and the job has been taken over by the caterer or something.

At this rate, we'll be getting episode descriptions like this in no time.

SEASON 3 FINALLY PREMIERES! - A lot of stuff happened last season. Superman and Lois are back. Everyone else that didn't die also stars. This episode was directed by someone that worked with the show before.

Official Synopsis:

I've been looking for a new job, they could hire me, I have no experience whatsoever, but I'm 100% certain I could do better than this s***.

That part with Jonathan and Jordan wondering about Clark and Lois telling them the whole story could have been done in the 1st season.

iu

At least we'll finally get some back to back episodes before another, albeit brief, break.

Everything that Lana has done this season was building up to her learning Clark's secret.

Didn't see that coming. He's going to date Lana or Lana-Rho, isn't he?

I can see Kyle being killed off. How much you want to be bet that there will be a love triangle between John Henry, Lana, and Tal-Rho?

This episode was worth the wait and the buildup with the final 3 episodes should pay-off. I get the sense that Tal-Rho is going to "save the day" and get killed off.

I can see where Lana is coming from in a lot of ways, but I'm curious how long this whole thing will last and if Sarah will ever find out too.

Really, really dug this episode though.

Really enjoyed this episode. Both the adult storyline and the side plot involving the kids were great. Nobody annoyed or irritated me one bit. Even Sarah was pretty chill.

A pretty solid episode with some really great dramatic scenes with Lana and the kids bonding. I'm just glad this show is finally back while it lasts because I feel these last 3 episodes of the season are going to fly by.

Great return episode!

While the main villain plot was cool (will get to that), I was most interested in the Lana one this time. Her reaction made total sense to me, including her decision at the end. I also had no idea what she would choose to do regarding her family and they kept me guessing 'til the last minute, so kudos!

Onto the villain plot, I love how slyly they snuck in Parasite's trademark power-set and I didn't even realize it until Sam literally described what Ally can do now. :funny:

If that's not the end for Tal-Rho (which, honestly, it could be), he's definitely dying soon. And I'll miss him. :(

I get the sense that Tal-Rho is going to "save the day" and get killed off.
Yeah, I think we’ll be getting a twist on the classic “how to defeat Parasite or Amazo” strategy. I wonder if Ally knows that what strengthens or hurts Kryptonians in one universe has the opposite effect in the other. If she brags about having absorbed mirror-Tal’s powers, our Tal will see a way to let Ally defeat herself.

Lana’s reaction upon learning Clark’s secret seemed immature and irrational. Now, this sort of contrived conflict and melodrama for melodrama’s sake is familiar territory — par-for-the-course in the other CW/DC series. But with S&L, the adult characters behaving like adults has been a refreshing and welcome change. So the Lana Scenes in this episode felt, to me, like a regression.

I finally caught up on the last three episodes and watched this one just now. This show is getting so much better to me, but then there are thorns in my side. Love that Jordan is full on Superboy, but this whole teenage soap opera mess with Lana's daughter is making me roll my eyes. I also love that they mellowed Natalie out now, and I like the little trio that she and the twins are becoming.

But I'm over Lana and her damn family after this episode. Like, Clark is NOT your husband, he didn't owe you anything to tell you his secret. And then to get mad at Lois and taking out your frustrations on her for Clark not wanting to be with you and moving on, just get a grip. They can write her, her daughters and soon to be ex off after this season, IMO.

And I agree with you guys saying that Tal-Rho is so going to make the heroic sacrifice after he squares off with Ally-Rogue lol.

I've been really dissappointed with the writing a few times this season bit this episode was actually painfully awful to me.

I really didn't appreciate Lanas reaction being to be mad at LOIS and blame her for 'making me a liar too'. It was just illogical.

And personally I have found a lot of the plot decisions have skipped over reason or skipped over emotional depth to get somewhere new/fun and I'm not a fan of that.

Example - Clark surprising Lois with the man who attempted to murder her in front of their children, kidnapped & eradicated Jordan, and only this season tried to strangle Jordan to death... in their living room. With flowers.

And it worked?

That just felt lame to me.

Hoping next episode will be better.

Lana’s reaction upon learning Clark’s secret seemed immature and irrational. Now, this sort of contrived conflict and melodrama for melodrama’s sake is familiar territory — par-for-the-course in the other CW/DC series. But with S&L, the adult characters behaving like adults has been a refreshing and welcome change. So the Lana Scenes in this episode felt, to me, like a regression.

It seemed very Smallville-ish to me , and that was a bit of a let down given that, S&L has largely risen above alot of those CW arrow-verse like tropes.

That said, her ultimate decision at the end I could understand, if she's thinking in terms of keeping her kids safe.

Other than that aspect, I liked the episode.

Ugh. After a couple of truly great episodes this was a return to near mediocrity, saved by some good performances.

Lana Lang is my least favourite character, and this episode didn't do her any favours - she needs to get the **** over herself.

At least Superman still acts like Superman. Tal is entertaining too.

Jordan is still the background MVP. Liked evil Jon too.

That was enough to offset the Lana annoyance.

Last edited:
It seemed very Smallville-ish to me , and that was a bit of a let down given that, S&L has largely risen above alot of those CW arrow-verse like tropes.

That said, her ultimate decision at the end I could understand, if she's thinking in terms of keeping her kids safe.

:thf:... You mean when Lana tells Lois that their families should stay away from each other?

But if I’m recalling correctly (and maybe I’m not), Ally needs Lana to complete her Evil Scheme©, yes? (Something to do with merging the Bizarro Lana with Prime Lana…?) In any case, doesn’t Ally basically know where to find Lana? Indeed, isn’t this the main reason why Lana is now in Big Danger and why Clark and Lois decided to tell her about the Secret Identity? So if that’s the case, how is keeping the Cushings and Kents apart going to help with safety? Seems like she’d want to be closer to the Superman family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"