Season 2, Episode 6: "Tried and True" (SPOILERS)

LL2K2

Maid of Might
Reaction score
AMY JO JOHNSON (“FELICITY”) DIRECTS – Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) tells Clark (Tyler Hoechlin) that she and Chrissy (Sofia Hasmik) plan to do a deeper dive into the Inverse Society and Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui) and Sarah (Inde Navarrette) try to comfort each other after the fallout at Sarah’s quinceañera. Meanwhile, Jordan (Alex Garfin) notices something suspicious in Jonathan’s (Jordan Elsass) book bag. Lastly, Lt. Mitch Anderson (guest star Ian Bohen, “Teen Wolf”) finds himself under fire for the deterioration of the Department of Defense’s relationship with Superman. Dylan Walsh, Erik Valdez, Wole Parks, and Tayler Buck also star. The episode was directed by Amy Jo Johnson and written by Max Kronick & Patrick Barton Leahy (#206). Original airdate 3/1/2022.

BTS shot from the mighty Director herself.

FMImr_9XEA0I8Lj

Last edited:
Nice backstory on how Bizarro got to Earth-Prime, including Lana as Superwoman.

Last edited:
Coach Gaines the MVP! Love that dude.

Pretty solid episode. Liked seeing Lucy and Lois try to mend things, but we knew it wouldn't last.

I'm a little torn on the Cushing drama. Obviously Kyle was an idiot but I can kinda feel for him since it all happened before he became a "new man" and all that. I can't blame Lana at all though.

It was nice to see Anderson get a little bit of some comeuppance but that didn't last long since he got the leg up there in the end.

Some really cool action sequences too. Especially in Russia.

Curious to see where Jonathan's story goes from here.

I'm assuming they decided to basically reuse the fight sequence they showed at the beginning and the end of the episode? :Funny:

Nice little touch and I knew what they were going for but still.

Anyway, enjoyed this one. Things are starting to get interesting.

This episode gets points for "Bizarre" "Oh". They do that a bit much, but it sounded natural this time.

After that tease with the shield, I expect we'll see Bizarro-Tal at some point.

Is Bizarro going to break Superman out of jail and become supercharged by those red sun lamps and Kryptonite bullets?

Absolutely loved this episode. Best one of the season so far for me.

Relieved the cushing drama didn't take up too much time, it all felt really well balanced which makes me much more able to enjoy it as aside story. Which I definitely am, I think they are doing it well.

Loved that first bizzaro world montage & the hallway fight scene (and the one at the end). Curious about Jonathan being ripped out of the family pics in that world! And wasn't expecting Lana to be involved.

Loved the Lane family reunion, Sam is such a great character to me. Loved Clark being there for Lana and just listening & being kind & understanding & non judgmental - though it does make me wonder how hard Lana will take it if she ever finds out he's been lying to her since they were kids too.

Loved the avalanche scene. Its just great having those kind of saves in episodes. And Superman not taking sides politically.

Was not expecting the 'arrested for treason' bit at all, at least not this early. I thought he'd go a bit more subtle and be trying to investigate or undermine Clark a bit longer. I am a bit surprised it was authorised considering they wanted him to improve his relationship with him... but I sort of don't care cause Clark being imprisoned by the DOD and placed in his brother's prison cell is just such a fun direction to go down.

Also, nice name drop with General Hardcastle.

The only bit I'm finding a bit flat is the Jonathan storyline. It's just all feeling a bit unreal emotionally. I think I need to see Jonathan showing more emotional conflict for this to feel tangible... its a big deal what he's doing, and I get him acting like it's nothing in front of Jordan, but wanna see evidence of him feeling something real about it on his own.

Might have more to reflect on later.

For now, this Superman fan is once again gloriously happy this show exists and continues to get things right :D

Last edited:
Was not expecting the 'arrested for treason' bit at all, at least not this early. I thought he'd go a bit more subtle and be trying to investigate or undermine Clark a bit longer. I am a bit surprised it was authorised considering they wanted him to improve his relationship with him...
They introduced the general just in time to make us think hers was the voice on the phone. I’ll have to watch that scene again to see if the voice sounded like Ally’s.

They introduced the general just in time to make us think hers was the voice on the phone. I’ll have to watch that scene again to see if the voice sounded like Ally’s.

I hope so, because it really took me out of the last part of the episode. That CO admonished Anderson damn hard for damaging the relationship with Superman... Next second immediately authorises him being ambushed and arrested? Come on...

If Ally's involved, and it turns out that Anderson is so blinded by his devotion to her that he's willing to throw his career/life away for it, that's an extra layer of creepy that totally works.

Other than that, really good ep. The Russia save was the highlight. There are definitely times you can feel the FX budget of the show straining, but that sequence may have been some of the best they've done. And Supes giving civilians a friendly word in there native tongue never gets old.

Really liked seeing what the Lane family looks like when it's functioning.

Enjoyed the Bizarro flashback. Enjoyed the fights and knowing that Clark's totally capable of handling himself even (mostly) depowered and outnumbered by trained men. Glad they're pushing the Jon/XK story forward fairly quickly. Once again the Cushing story annoys and bores me at first, and once again they get me invested toward the end.

Still reeling from The Batman but it was great to be able to follow that up with my favorite episode of the season thus far.

Show, you canNOT just drop Superwoman Lana on me without warning and then take it away again! :argh: I need more of that, please. Also, yeah, kick Kyle to the curb, Lana.

I will never tire of seeing scenes of Superman saving people around the world. Never. :atp:

Knew it wouldn't last but it was nice to see the Lane sisters bonding once again.

The glimpses of Bizarro World were cool. Loved the parallel hallway fights.

I hope so, because it really took me out of the last part of the episode. That CO admonished Anderson damn hard for damaging the relationship with Superman... Next second immediately authorises him being ambushed and arrested? Come on...
This was the one part that bothered me. But if it does turn out to have been Ally on the phone, all will be forgiven.

Pink Ranger, please feel free to return to direct more episodes anytime. Great work. :up:

Another thing: If bizzaro superman is weakened by a yellow sun, why the hell did he keep kicking Superman's butt?

Loved that first bizzaro world montage & the hallway fight scene (and the one at the end). Curious about Jonathan being ripped out of the family pics in that world!
Lois was crossed out, too. This might tie in with Lana’s question to Clark about whether he would stay with Lois if she cheated on him. Or maybe that was Lana in the photo.

Another thing: If bizzaro superman is weakened by a yellow sun, why the hell did he keep kicking Superman's butt?
He used a green-K inhaler just before crossing over. Maybe one dose lasts, or he takes a quick puff before every fight.

Lois was crossed out, too. This might tie in with Lana’s question to Clark about whether he would stay with Lois if she cheated on him. Or maybe that was Lana in the photo.

Could be, but it seems unlikely its not Lois.

He used a green-K inhaler just before crossing over. Maybe one dose lasts, or he takes a quick puff before every fight.

Hadn't thought of that. I'll allow it :funny:

Could be, but it seems unlikely its not Lois.
Yeah, I think the photo looks more like Lois. This show would've been called "Superman and Lana", though, if things had gone according to Clark's first plan.

I wonder if Bizarro Clark cheated on his wife. With Bizarro Superman willing to kill his opponents, all bets are off.

Ooof. I remember that conversation Kyle and Lana had when my roommates had it. Good writing, very real.

Happy for flickchick getting a little Lana Superwoman.

Nice lowkey episode, with a ton of family stuff. I really enjoyed seeing Lucy with the rest of the family, and when she and Lois weren't going after each other. The football talk at the table was wonderful.

Well, remember that the pendant was empowering both of them in their first two fights. And it is clear that red sunlight isn't an immediate drain of powers in this show.

I could get on board with the Green K inhaler thing... I suppose... But I think they would've shown it earlier if that was a thing. I'll stick with "Superman fights to subdue, Bizarro fights to kill".

Plenty of yawn, but as long as they keep getting Superman right, I'll keep watching:

And, this is what Superman is all about.
Does it serve the plot? Nope, but it reminds us why Superman is awesome:

Yeah, @titansupes the Anderson stuff doesn't make sense.

His thinking is ...... you won't trust me, so I'm going to ambush you and almost kill you, and imprison you. Gosh why won't you trust me ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"