House of the Dragon Season 1 Episode 5 "We Light the Way"

Daemon was special kind of vile during this episode too. That opening was pretty brutal and while I know the character isn't supposed to be likable, I can't help but love his level of ruthlessness.

I'm very curious to see if he will get anykind of comeuppance by the end of this season.

I thought it was funny how terrible and useless the security is. Leanor, a future King Consort, and even Rhaenrya (the future queen!) could've easily died there and the only one who did something useful was Harwin (who wasn't even doing anything until Lyonel gave him the nod)??? Even Viserys could've been easily assassinated. Criston smacked Laenor and was stabbing Joffrey away and no one seems to be able to do anything?

Last edited:
I thought it was funny how terrible and useless the security is. Leanor, a future King Consort, and even Rhaenrya (the future queen!) could've easily died there and the only one who did something useful was Harwin (who wasn't even doing anything until Lyonel gave him the nod)??? Even Viserys could've been easily assassinated. Criston smacked Leonor and was stabbing Joffrey away and no one seems to be able to do anything?
None of them have ever seen any real war. ;)

Also, did they hire Graham McTavish to do anything but walk into rooms and announce people? Dude is way too talented for the role they have him in.
I'm assuming he'll have more interactions with Ser Criston but I agree, out of the whole cast he's been most underutilized here. I would've also said the same about Rhaenys up until she was given more to do in this last episode.

Still trying to get used to the time jumps... In a normal GoT season, Rhea Royce would have been a fan favorite by the end of the season.

I thought it was funny how terrible and useless the security is. Leanor, a future King Consort, and even Rhaenrya (the future queen!) could've easily died there and the only one who did something useful was Harwin (who wasn't even doing anything until Lyonel gave him the nod)??? Even Viserys could've been easily assassinated. Criston smacked Laenor and was stabbing Joffrey away and no one seems to be able to do anything?

That and how many big bad brawls break out at banquets like that? Lol....

That shot off Joffrey’s empty eyesocket at the end of the episode… ****.

The wedding fight looked like a mosh pit. I hope some people mix songs into it.

Can't believe the king lasted this long with his body just rotting away with bs medical treatment.

He must be smelly, right? :(
The sex scene from previous with him was gross since you can see his back rot sore. You can assume it ain't all right down there either. I just assume he has syphilis among other things.

Not as bad as the Red Wedding but still wild.

Time jumps continue to be bothersome. Especially in the beginning where the scenes with Alicent and Otto appeared to be the immediate aftermath of last week’s episode while the intercut Targaryen/Velaryon scenes had to have happened after some time had passed. I also thought the scenes in the beginning of the episode were unusually short.

Anyway I’m really liking Alicent’s development. I don’t get how people hate her. Ultimately, her father is to blame for everything that she’s going through but Rhaenyra broke her trust and now she’s angry and concerned for the future of her children. That’s an understandable and fairly well developed motivation for her character. Rhea Royce seemed liked she would’ve been a fun character to watch. And I also really liked Laena Velaryon’s proper introduction. I thought she made a great first impression. Looking forward to seeing her with Vhagar. I’m also curious to see what role Criston has to play in the drama that is about to unfold.

Well I’m going to miss the actors who are leaving. I’m looking forward to seeing Olivia Cooke and Emma D’Arcy but it is going to be bittersweet losing Milly Alcock and Emily Carey who’ve both been terrific.

Edit: Ok, so apparently Laena Velaryon will also be recast in the next episode? Darn it.

Last edited:
I read Fire & Blood when it came out but I don't remember Daemon being this vicious. Maybe that's due to the grandmaester's POV and whitewashing?

Apart from Matt Smith's irrepressible charm there's absolutely nothing likable about his character. I'm kind of dreading what's to come.

I know Daemon be making his niece’s panties wet lol..

settle a debate... (my friend an I had very different views on this, which I thought was pretty obvious, so, was surprised to hear such a strong opposing opinion on it)

but, what was the "Tea" ?

^thank you... my thoughts exactly... my friend was trying to convince me it was a "memory elixir" to erase her mind of the events... like what?

Another great episode. This show has been delivering and keeping my insterest constantly week to week. For me personally in my own head now completely ignoring GOT, is making this show incredibly enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"